Get rid of the department in of education

Yakuda

I have been saying this for years. I would love to have someone tell me why this is a bad idea. There are a few other departments we don't need but that's for another thread.

Central planning claims The State knows and local school boards do not know what is best to teach.
Rural farm kids are not exposed to bulls who think they were cows.

I have been saying this for years. I would love to have someone tell me why this is a bad idea. There are a few other departments we don't need but that's for another thread.

This is one of the primary reasons that I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980. Happily because of when I graduated I was not adversely affected by the department of education, but no one who graduated after me can say the same.

Central planning claims The State knows and local school boards do not know what is best to teach.
Rural farm kids are not exposed to bulls who think they were cows.
Oh good point. Those rural farmers unfairly assign bull and cow gender roles to the bovine. Oh wait but what if they think they are porcine? This is all very troubling.

This is one of the primary reasons that I voted for Ronald Reagan in 1980. Happily because of when I graduated I was not adversely affected by the department of education, but no one who graduated after me can say the same.
Like you I went through college before the education department existed. I worked my way through college by working full time. No loans no debt. As soon as the govt got in the business of lending money it all went in the toilet. They need to be shut down, now!

Like you I went through college before the education department existed. I worked my way through college by working full time. No loans no debt. As soon as the govt got in the business of lending money it all went in the toilet. They need to be shut down, now!
Agreed.

You went through college before there was a Department of Education? No-one would be able to discern that from the title of your thread. Lol!

I have no knowledge and less interest in the US system of education, but when someone chants the equivalent of "We don't need no edukashun", it is fairly clear where the problem lies.

You went through college before there was a Department of Education? No-one would be able to discern that from the title of your thread. Lol!

I have no knowledge and less interest in the US system of education, but when someone chants the equivalent of "We don't need no edukashun", it is fairly clear where the problem lies.
Typo so what? Weak minded argument there.

Of that's right you're a Brit so we have a moral duty to ignore what you say.

You can take @Yakuda's point to the bank. The Department of Education has been the means of injecting politics into education from the moment it started. How to best educate children is not a political question and the misdirect in resources and attention has been extremely counterproductive.

Typo so what? Weak minded argument there.

Of that's right you're a Brit so we have a moral duty to ignore what you say.
I am a grammar nazi. I know this. My comment is as much against myself as it is against you.

You can take @Yakuda's point to the bank. The Department of Education has been the means of injecting politics into education from the moment it started. How to best educate children is not a political question and the misdirect in resources and attention has been extremely counterproductive.
That's a Brit. It just responded to make an asinine point.

Some of the worst gubment school districts in terms of student outcomes are in Washington, D.C. Which wastes well over 50,000 dollars per student.

OK. I can agree completely that there is no place for playing politics with education. Whether by the Left or the Right. It happens in my country and yours, as I'm sure the citizens of Florida would agree.

OK. I can agree completely that there is no place for playing politics with education. Whether by the Left or the Right. It happens in my country and yours, as I'm sure the citizens of Florida would agree.
The dept of education was created by a democrat. What a surprise.

Here is some education for you.
This is why you have no idea what education is

NO IDEA!

but also listen to what she says about the NHS

Back