God wanted human sacrifices for atonement of sin?

They are. Sacrifices aren't kept today, but will in the future temple. Same thing happened to Daniel, and God still heard his prayers and forgave him.

Nothing. So, what's your point?

In the true God's service.

Sacrifices weren't kept during the first Passover. Remember. The Levitical priesthood wasn't established yet.

Was God upset with Moses and the sons of Israel during the first Passover observance? Then why would God be upset with Orthodox Jews today if they slaughtered the Passover? (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it) Just as Moses and the sons of Israel did. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Isn't it better to obey God's commands, rather than men's commands? God would be honored and pleased with this true worship, given the circumstances of today. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Also, one shouldn't forget God's commands in (Exodus 12:7,22,23). That is, if one truly wants God's deliverance. (i.e. no future temple needed, just the two doorposts and lintel of one's dwelling) (i.e. It's been a long journey) It is impossible for God to lie. God keeps all of His promises.

In Messiah’s (Christ’s) service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

Was God upset with Moses and the sons of Israel during the first Passover observance? Then why would God be upset with Orthodox Jews today if they slaughtered the Passover?
The original actual passover, there was no sacrifice. It was a slaughter, not an offering. Subsequent Passovers are sacrifices, and it is unlawful to sacrifice anywhere but the Temple. So, until the third temple is built, there can be no Passover sacrifice.

Sacrifices weren't kept during the first Passover. Remember. The Levitical priesthood wasn't established yet.
Of course. They were still in Egypt.

And the Passover wasn't a sacrifice either. BTW, neither is Jesus' death a sacrifice if it's supposed to imitate the first Passover. His blood wasn't put on anyone's doorposts either. What a pity. ;)

Was God upset with Moses and the sons of Israel during the first Passover observance?
No, He saved them.

Then why would God be upset with Orthodox Jews today if they slaughtered the Passover? (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it) Just as Moses and the sons of Israel did. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)
Because sacrifices require an altar. How do you keep your Passover?

Isn't it better to obey God's commands, rather than men's commands? God would be honored and pleased with this true worship, given the circumstances of today. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)
But God gave all of the commandments, including requiring all sacrifices be on an altar upon entering the land of Israel, and in Jerusalem, after He chose the place.

You can't sacrifice anywhere else. He said so.

Also, one shouldn't forget God's commands in (Exodus 12:7,22,23). That is, if one truly wants God's deliverance. (i.e. no future temple needed, just the two doorposts and lintel of one's dwelling) (i.e. It's been a long journey) It is impossible for God to lie. God keeps all of His promises.
Yes, that one night observance, to keep the angel of death out. No more angel of death coming around at Passover time now. You missed a few things.

Tell me, did Jesus put blood on his doorpost at his Passover seder?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Last edited:

Was God upset with Moses and the sons of Israel during the first Passover observance? Then why would God be upset with Orthodox Jews today if they slaughtered the Passover? (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it) Just as Moses and the sons of Israel did. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Joshua 1:8 Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson

8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you[a] shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

Footnote: [a] you shall be constantly in

(i.e. observe *to do* according to *all* that is *written* in it)

(i.e. (Exodus 12:14,17,24) (Exodus 12:7,22,23)) (i.e. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance)

(i.e. (Numbers 9:1-5)) (i.e. According to *all* its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

It is *written*; keep the Passover at its appointed time.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Exactly, commandments originate with God. (i.e. Exodus 12:24-27) (Exodus 12:7,22,23) (Numbers 9:1-5)

Why isn't God's commands in (Exodus 12:7,22,23) (Numbers 9:3) included in the 613 Jewish commandments (mitzvot in Hebrew)? Moses and the sons of Israel obeyed God and kept the Passover according to all that Yahweh commanded.

If Orthodox Jews are following Mosaic law today, then why shouldn't they also obey God just as Moses and the sons of Israel did? What's so confusing about keeping the Passover according to all that Yahweh commanded. (i.e. According to all its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Clarification:

Why aren't' God's commands included in the 613 Jewish commandments (mitzvot in Hebrew)? Why wouldn't God's commands in these specific Scripture Texts be included in the top 613 Jewish commandment list.

(i.e. (Exodus 12:14,17,24) (Exodus 12:7,22,23)) (i.e. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance)
(i.e. (Numbers 9:3)) (i.e. According to *all* its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Check it out, they are not there. https://www.jewfaq.org/613_commandments

According to Jewish tradition, is there another list that includes these specific commands of God? If not, why not?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Clarification:

Why aren't' God's commands included in the 613 Jewish commandments (mitzvot in Hebrew)? Why wouldn't God's commands in these specific Scripture Texts be included in the top 613 Jewish commandment list.

(i.e. (Numbers 9:3)) (i.e. According to *all* its rites and ceremonies you shall keep it)

Check it out, they are not there. https://www.jewfaq.org/613_commandments

According to Jewish tradition, is there another list that includes these specific commands of God? If not, why not?
You have to understand what was a one-time commandment associated with the event, versus what was perpetual.

Why don't you answer why Jesus didn't put blood on his doorposts for Passover, and made reference to a Rabbinical commandment for the wine with regards to his blood, when he could have referenced the blood on the doorpost? Why do you keep running away from this? ;)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Yes, that was a one-time event to avoid the angel of death.

I know from (Exodus 12:7,22,23) that some of the blood of the Passover [lamb] was put on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses.

https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-22.htm (i.e. strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood)

https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-24.htm (i.e. you shall observe as an ordinance for ever)

So, by Jewjitzu's logic, "for ever" = "just one night only". Where did God imply that, or where is it written that God said that?

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

I know from (Exodus 12:7,22,23) that some of the blood of the Passover [lamb] was put on the two doorposts and on the lintel of the houses.

https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-22.htm (i.e. strike the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood)

https://biblehub.com/text/exodus/12-24.htm (i.e. you shall observe as an ordinance for ever)

So, by Jewjitzu's logic, "for ever" = "just one night only". Where did God imply that, or where is it written that God said that?
Because the blood was to ward off the angel of death. It's pretty obvious. The angel of death hasn't been by Passover in a few thousand years. ;)

Why don't you answer why Jesus didn't put blood on his doorposts for Passover, and made reference to a Rabbinical commandment for the wine with regards to his blood, when he could have referenced the blood on the doorpost? Why do you keep running away from this? ;)

If you read Exodus 12:14-20, it says what's to be kept eternally.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

Last edited:
You have to understand what was a one-time commandment associated with the event, versus what was perpetual.

I believe that all Scripture is inspired by God. (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21) Therefore, the Tanakh was written for my learning as well.

Jewjitzu does not believe in listening to the true Prophet, Jesus Christ as recorded in the Gospels, therefore any comments by Jewjitzu regarding the "doctrine of Christ" in the Gospel accounts, would be from a scoffer's point of view. (i.e. where is it written in the Gospel accounts that Jesus didn't put blood on his doorposts for Passover) (i.e. argument from silence)

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

I believe that all Scripture is inspired by God. (Genesis 1:1 - Revelation 22:21) Therefore, the Tanakh was written for my learning as well.
We don't believe the NT is inspired.

If you read Exodus 12:14-20, it says what's to be kept eternally.

Jewjitzu does not believe in listening to the true Prophet, Jesus Christ as recorded in the Gospels, therefore any comments by Jewjitzu regarding the "doctrine of Christ" in the Gospel accounts, would be from a scoffer's point of view. (i.e. where is it written in the Gospel accounts that Jesus didn't put blood on his doorposts for Passover) (i.e. argument from silence)
So, you run away when Jesus didn't make reference to the blood on the door as a reference to his own sacrifice. This is a hole in your argument which sinks your ship.

Read Zechariah 8:23.

David Behrens
Soli Deo Gloria!

This isn't even controversial. There is an obvious knee jerk reaction to disagree with whatever you say, even when Christianity as a whole agrees with you.

Yep, unfortunately it looks like he's associated with a Paschal lamb ministry cult, http://paschallambministries.com/.
Have you noticed that it is almost a rare thing to get a typical Christian in here. Almost all our interlocutors have odd idiosyncratic doctrines that their own fellow Christians would take them to task for. I wonder what it is precisely about the CARM Judaism forum that seems to attract these outliers. Maybe typical Christians just consider Jews and Judaism to be irrelevant LOL.

Yeshua is the Lord of the sabbath. We know rest in him.
Exodus 20
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work

If you aren't doing that, then you aren't keeping the sabbath.

Back