Guess who made this prophecy vis a vis the state of the world (condition thereof)..?

stjerome5

Words in brackets [ ] are mine..

[The] gift of peace is found only on the road of love, which one journeys by observing the laws of God and his Commandments. In these, we are taught to love God,ourselves and our neighbor; with these is built that harmony which is founded upon justice, upon truth and upon love. As long as the God of peace is not accepted but on the contrary men continue obstinately to deny and reject Him, they will not even be able to safeguard the demands of respect for human and civil rights.

If the laws of the Lord are not observed, but on the contrary are more and more openly violated, humanity will run along the road of confusion, of injustice, of egoism and of violence. This is the reason why humanity is menaced with war and suffering. How much suffering I see scattered over all the roadways of the world... [the] sufferings of... [those] who have no food or help, of youth abandoned and deluded, of men whose dignity is trampled upon and who are made into tools of domination and tyranny... [I think of January 6 '21]

Humanity is close to the danger of a new world war... [People are] so threatened by [neediness], by war, by hatred and by violence... [and is] entering into the most painful period of... [time].

+

What are your thoughts and whom do think said this?

+

Last edited:
doesn't it sound like it could have been written by Billy Graham..?

or Mother Teresa?

both are gone, but this was written in 1982

even more apropos today... :(

+

It reads like something that is written in the name of "the virgin mother" which is apparently something that is common in Catholic circles. Any of you Catholics are free to correct me if I'm wrong about that. This link came up in a browser search:

It reads like something that is written in the name of "the virgin mother" which is apparently something that is common in Catholic circles. Any of you Catholics are free to correct me if I'm wrong about that. This link came up in a browser search:
yeh, I am not 100% sold on Fr Gobbi because certain persons in the Catholic Church are questioning things he claims the Virgin Mary said.. I just now found out about this questioning stuff... so yeh, I am now going to read up on this so as to know whether...

well, at this point, based on what I have read I don't know whom to believe because ... these clergy have a problem w/ what Gobbi says.. and yet...

I myself have a problem with what a lot of modern priests and bishops are saying and doing... (sometimes they are doing basically nothing... about bad things going on in the Church...)

anyway... I will get back w/ you on what I learn... You just can't believe much of anything anymore... sometimes that is true even after much research has been done

it's not called Faith for no reason... :oops:

However, this being said

I believe everything exactly as written in OP... In other words, I believe it regardless of who said it or who claimed who said it... or whatever

It has the tone of other apparitions approved by the church but some of the word choices leave me questioning. The church does not require anyone to believe in any apparition even if approved by the church. The central message in every material apparition is repentance. A return to God.

It has the tone of other apparitions approved by the church but some of the word choices leave me questioning. The church does not require anyone to believe in any apparition even if approved by the church. The central message in every material apparition is repentance. A return to God.
Those aspects of the Catholic faith are a little bit harder for Protestants to get our heads around.

Well they should try a bit harder
LOL

that was my thought

If they only knew what they are missing!

that is why i focus on the Real Presence of Christ which emanates from the consecrated Hosts and permeates the Churches... There is a lot more to Jesus than they know (or ever will know if they remain closed minded/hearted RE the Church)

only Place where Satan is conquered absolutely.

LOL

that was my thought

If they only knew what they are missing!

that is why i focus on the Real Presence of Christ which emanates from the consecrated Hosts and permeates the Churches... There is a lot more to Jesus than they know (or ever will know if they remain closed minded/hearted RE the Church)

only Place where Satan is conquered absolutely.
I have to ask… What do they say in the Orthodox Church? ;)

I don't know much about that church. It is very much like the RCC but I have no idea, to speak of

sorry. I can't study everything under the sun...

I have limited time...
Well, I'm a great admirer of both Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and GK Chesterton.

Well, I'm a great admirer of both Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and GK Chesterton.
I always wanted to read Solzhenitsyn.. and haven't delved into Chesterton either.. again, I have little time.. try to listen to the Lord on how to spend my limited time... not sure I am succeeding but... I try..

I always wanted to read Solzhenitsyn.. and haven't delved into Chesterton either.. again, I have little time.. try to listen to the Lord on how to spend my limited time... not sure I am succeeding but... I try..
Solzhenitsyn is great for insight into 20th century inhumanity at its worst, but Chesterton is absolutely brilliant at combining wit and reason to utterly obliterate poor logic in a way that causes you to laugh out loud. I was a CS Lewis fan and CS Lewis said that GK Chesterton was one of his great influences. So I started reading Chesterton with his excellent book called "Orthodoxy." It's not at all what it sounds like.

I have to ask… What do they say in the Orthodox Church? ;)
The Orthodox church believes in the real presence in the eucharist. The majority distinction is does the holy spirit proceed from just the father (Orthodox) or from father and the son (rcc)

The Orthodox church believes in the real presence in the eucharist.
I am no expert in these matters, so I could easily be wrong. But I was under the impression that the Orthodox Church regarding the Eucharist said that it was a mystery, which from a Protestant perspective is a little bit closer to our position.

You know upon reflection there may not be a difference between your statement of their position and mine.

I am no expert in these matters, so I could easily be wrong. But I was under the impression that the Orthodox Church regarding the Eucharist said that it was a mystery, which from a Protestant perspective is a little bit closer to our position.

You know upon reflection there may not be a difference between your statement of their position and mine.
Well we all agree it's a mystery or miracle that God can turn bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus

Back