Hallelujah and Hare Krishna

1980, eh.... ??

Well, I'm not that bad.
I thought for sure you'd mention disco. Well, there could be some decent muzak past '80. It's a little unclear. lol

I just checked out around then.
I'm still waiting for the heavenly "opus."

I'm thinking that it'll be a conglomeration of ancient, post ancient, medieval, renaissance, classical, vaudeville, jazz, rock, post rock and whatever future version of contemporary there will be.
I guess I'm different than most about music. I mean I like it and all, but I can do without it mostly. Praise songs being the only difference, those come naturally.

Are you mad his morals are worse than yours?
Why do you continually repeat this lie?

I have never claimed to be morally superior to anyone, outside of the biblical God
I have been very consistent in saying that most every human being on earth exhibits a morality superior to that of God

Why do you continually repeat this lie?
How is a question a lie?
I have never claimed to be morally superior to anyone, outside of the biblical God
I have been very consistent in saying that most every human being on earth exhibits a morality superior to that of God
So then you think Harrison's morality is as good as yours, ok.

Listen Jack, you claiming your morality is better than God's is something I could mock in more than one book. But it's boring at this point, and I must communicate at your level.

You are not even in the game, humanly speaking. You are somewhere dreaming about "morality."

you claiming your morality is better than God's
This, James, this!

This is the lie!!

I don't claim that my morality is better than God's
I claim that mankind's morality is better than God's!!!

Most every human being on earth {minus the true socio/psychopath} possesses a morality superior to that of the biblical God
And this includes you as well...

Not true, Steve
Oh, it's true. The truth doesn't require your permission or agreement.
I am, right now, apart from God
And I'm not burning!
According to Acts 14, you're still under his grace, and mercy.
When you die, you'll be separated from that grace and mercy.

Act 14:17 WEB Yet he didn’t leave himself without witness, in that he did good and gave you rains from the sky and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.”

You couldn't be more wrong
Ah, the opinions of a madman run amok.
God is responsible for everything
It was God who devised the system
He created the cosmos and the first man and woman. The human race has handled the rest.
It was God who decided that if you're not going to Heaven then you're going to Hell
Nope. Each and every single human being is responsible for where they will spend their eternity.

Joh 3:15 WEB that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

There's only one group of people who are being predestined by God.

And they're being predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

Rom 8:29 WEB For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Nobody else is being predestined.

And He did so consciously, purposefully, and needlessly
Nope.
You're being given the opportunity to engage him on his terms, turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus.
Then you too will be among the predestined to be conformed to the image of Jesus.

Then the following will apply to you as well.

Rom 8:30-39 WEB 30 Whom he predestined, those he also called. Whom he called, those he also justified. Whom he justified, those he also glorified. 31 What then shall we say about these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who didn’t spare his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how would he not also with him freely give us all things? 33 Who could bring a charge against God’s chosen ones? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, yes rather, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Could oppression, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Even as it is written, “For your sake we are killed all day long. We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from God’s love which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God could choose annihilation for me, but instead, He has decided to eternally torture me
God could choose to return me to the unconscious state inhabited by the unborn, but instead, He has decided to endlessly burn me
God could create another place for the unbelievers, but instead, God has decided that the fires of Hell will be their destination

No. He's not chosen to torture you.
You keep telling us that you don't want to live with him, in his house and under his terms, so he's letting you live beyond his terms and beyond his house.

The difference between heaven and hell is your own decision.

If you continue to tell Him no, he will honor your choice and upon your death, you will have excluded yourself from living in his home. Not because he wanted to torture you. But because you refused to receive his gift of eternal life and freedom from your sin.

You will have chosen your own eternity separated from God. The torment you experience, will be the torment of your own sin and regret for having said no, and then the torment of your sin.

Wrong again, Steve

I no more believe in the Devil than I do God

I'll take the Devil over YHVH any day and twice on Sunday

At least Satan is honest enough to admit to his evil
Then you'll have exactly what you want.

Jesus said that he is the father of lies and a murderer from the beginning.

Joh 8:44 WEB You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and doesn’t stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks on his own; for he is a liar, and the father of lies.

So.... all those people who you think YHVH killed...

The devil killed them. He told them lies they chose to believe, and as a result, he killed them.

As Jesus also said,

Joh 10:7-14 WEB 7 Jesus therefore said to them again, “Most certainly, I tell you, I am the sheep’s door. 8 All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep didn’t listen to them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters in by me, he will be saved, and will go in and go out and will find pasture. 10 The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly. 11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 He who is a hired hand, and not a shepherd, who doesn’t own the sheep, sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep, and flees. The wolf snatches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hired hand flees because he is a hired hand and doesn’t care for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd. I know my own, and I’m known by my own;

This, James, this!

This is the lie!!

I don't claim that my morality is better than God's
This, is a distinction of no difference to me. It is your claim. Yes, you do indeed claim your morality better than Gods. To say you don't would be a lie.

Your claims about others is superfluous.

No one asked you to speak for them.

I thought for sure you'd mention disco. Well, there could be some decent muzak past '80. It's a little unclear. lol

I just checked out around then.

I guess I'm different than most about music. I mean I like it and all, but I can do without it mostly. Praise songs being the only difference, those come naturally.

I grew up with my dad listening to classical music.
My mom listened to the crooners of the 50's and 60's.

By the time I settled in, rock and roll was in full swing and I loved it.

I became a believer in '77, and by a year later, I was attending Calvary chapel Costa Mesa. Every single Saturday night they had a variety of Christian music bands.
I remember seeing Darrell Mansfield, Amy Grant. In '79 I met Noel Paul Stookey at Knott's Berry Farm, and his Body Works band. I grew up listening to Peter Paul and Mary, momma's and the papa's, Norman Greenbaum, and the carpenters.
In 84/5, my roommate was in a Christian rock band, so I got lots of guitar. Another friend was an awesome guitarist who turned me onto jazz. I then moved out of the area, and found another radio station that played a lot of modern, progressive jazz. When kmet died, and the new age station took over, musically, I felt like I found my space. Kfim out of San Diego was better still.

We eventually moved here where we are now, and everything changed, musically. No jazz, a single Christian station. My wife was buying up cds faster than I could keep up. We'd kept our old vinyl (figured a day would come when they all became money makers. Jazz stations would come and go.

Every so often I get a hankering for classical, jazz, old radio shows from the 40's and 50's, rock, Jesus music, etc...
I generally listen to Klove nowadays.

Until such a time when we get home to be with Jesus, I'll keep moving forward through time. Music included....

I'm thinking that with some of the musicians who've gone ahead, there's probably some incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music there.

Till then.....

This, is a distinction of no difference to me. It is your claim. Yes, you do indeed claim your morality better than Gods. To say you don't would be a lie.

Your claims about others is superfluous.

No one asked you to speak for them.
You disingenuously focus upon my acknowledgement that I am morally superior to God while meticulously omitting the fact that I recognize you and most every other human being as equally morally superior to God

The reason you do so?
So that you can advance the false narrative that I am egotistical and self-righteous

Not very Christian of you, Jimmy...

there's probably some incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music
There is incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music today?

Huh, well, considering that today is like it was in Noah's day - then there must of have been incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music back then, right, Steve?

Is that correct?
Yes or no?

There is incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music today?

Huh, well, considering that today is like it was in Noah's day - then there must of have been incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music back then, right, Steve?

Is that correct?
Yes or no?
What in the world are you rambling on about now?

What in the world are you rambling on about now?
It's a simple question, Steve

You asserted that there are, today, incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music

Previously, you had also asserted that today is like it was in Noah's time

What I want to know is this:
Were there incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music in Noah's day?

A simple yes or no will suffice

It's a simple question, Steve

You asserted that there are, today, incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music

Previously, you had also asserted that today is like it was in Noah's time

Were there incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music in Noah's day?

A simple yes or no will suffice
I was talking about a future time and event.

One you keep telling us you want nothing to do with.

You disingenuously focus upon my acknowledgement that I am morally superior to God while meticulously omitting the fact that I recognize you and most every other human being as equally morally superior to God
It's not omitting, it is superfluous.
The reason you do so?
So that you can advance the false narrative that I am egotistical and self-righteous

Not very Christian of you, Jimmy...
It is quite an inflated ego to claim moral superiority to God, yes.

It is why you are weirdly hiding behind the idea about others.

Can you deal with your enormous ego?

Can you deal with your enormous ego?
"Most every human being on earth is morally superior to God" is hardly a boast, Jimmy - it's a lament

That I am morally superior to God has nothing to do with my ego - it's to do with God's corruption
As in, "even I, an imperfect lowly human being behave better than God and that is a sad state of affairs"

What do you mean?

What event?
What happens in the future?
Well, had you actually read my post, you'd have seen that @Furion & I were conversing about music and I stated that I was looking forward to the music in heaven.

Something that you're more than welcome to come and be a part of. You just have to decide whether you want to know YHVH and Jesus or stick with your rants about a past you have no evidence of.

Come follow Jesus and you will learn things that'll blow your mind.

As YHVH says,

Ask of me and I will show you great and mighty things you don't know about.

Well, had you actually read my post, you'd have seen that @Furion & I were conversing about music and I stated that I was looking forward to the music in heaven.
Your words, Steve:

"I'm thinking that with some of the musicians who've gone ahead, there's probably some incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music there"

Musicians who have "gone ahead" - i.e. died and went to Heaven
Musicians who, in life, were "incredibly talented"
Musicians who, in life, put together "seriously awesome music"

You may be looking forward to enjoying these incredibly talented musicians and their seriously awesome music when you get "there" - i.e. Heaven, but this does not change the fact that before they died and went to Heaven these musicians were "incredibly talented" and "putting together seriously awesome music" right here and right now on earth

So, answer my question, Steve:

Considering that you asserted that there are, today, incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music

And considering that you had previously asserted that today is like it was in Noah's time

Your words, Steve:

"I'm thinking that with some of the musicians who've gone ahead, there's probably some incredible talent putting together seriously awesome music there"

Musicians who have "gone ahead" - i.e. died and went to Heaven
Musicians who, in life, were "incredibly talented"
Musicians who, in life, put together "seriously awesome music"

You may be looking forward to enjoying these incredibly talented musicians and their seriously awesome music when you get "there" - i.e. Heaven, but this does not change the fact that before they died and went to Heaven these musicians were "incredibly talented" and "putting together seriously awesome music" right here and right now on earth

So, answer my question, Steve:

Considering that you asserted that there are, today, incredibly talented musicians putting together seriously awesome music

And considering that you had previously asserted that today is like it was in Noah's time

Why don't you just read and find out for yourself.

Back