Hardwired to believe in God’s existence?

That's the great thing about Jesus....

He takes care of, and provides what's missing to those who call on his name.
Well, there was {and still is, truth be told} something missing in you, Steve

Can you understand, though, that there are those of us in whom there is nothing missing?

Stop blaming others for your unwillingness to learn and understand.
The stupid things that you say...

How is WiF blaming others for his 'alleged' unwillingness to learn and understand?

You're not stupid, Steve, because you are a Christian
You're just plain stupid because of your intellectual deficiencies

What you said made no sense. By all means explain it.
It's not that complicated.

You have spent well over a decade refusing to turn to YHVH on his terms and conditions.

This refusal is a matter of the will, not intellectual understanding.
I've explained this numerous times before, but you have repeatedly ignored me.

Now, the longer you do this, the worse your ability to reason becomes.
So, no matter how simple I make it, your rejection of Jesus is excluding you from understanding.

It's not that complicated.

You have spent well over a decade refusing to turn to YHVH on his terms and conditions.

This refusal is a matter of the will, not intellectual understanding.
I've explained this numerous times before, but you have repeatedly ignored me.
Oh good grief. So you say but don't explain
Now, the longer you do this, the worse your ability to reason becomes.
So, no matter how simple I make it, your rejection of Jesus is excluding you from understanding.
Ah, so you have nothing relevant to say.

Oh good grief. So you say but don't explain

Ah, so you have nothing relevant to say.
Case in point.
You're desperately seeking to escape culpability from the truth.
Don't worry WiF.
If you want nothing to do with Jesus, you'll be given your leave, and upon your death, you will perish.

I'm thinking that the atheists will go ballistic over this.
It's a curiosity that I've long found intriguing.
Apparently, you have to make a deliberate and willful decision to stop believing that God exists.

Belief isn't a choice, neither is the lack of belief.
Both are conclusions reached by one's best thinking.
Belief in God is supported by logical fallacies. cognitive errors, gullibility, emotion, faith, ignorance, need.
Atheism is founded on the inability of believers to present reasonable and believable evidence for God.

Belief isn't a choice, neither is the lack of belief.
Yet you choose daily to disbelieve.

Both are conclusions reached by one's best thinking.
actually, according to Romans 10:17, faith comes by hearing and hearing by God's Word.

Belief in God is supported by logical fallacies.
sounds like it's you disbelief that's supported by logical fallacies.
cognitive errors, gullibility, emotion, faith, ignorance, need.
case in point.
trusting in Jesus is not an emotion, nor is it based on gullibility, nor on ignorance.

Atheism is founded on the inability of believers to present reasonable and believable evidence for God.
So ignorance is your reason why you're choosing to remain ignorant, in spite of the fact that YHVH is offering himself as evidence of his reality.

You sound terrified.
Really? Can you quote anything in any of my posts that you think gives that impression. Are you somehow determining this from "Yes it is."?

I ask because to me this looks like utter nonsense. It looks like yet something else you believe that has no actual basis in reality.

It looks like yet another reason for me to think everything you spout is just BS.

I'm not particularly bothered with the truth.
For once, I feel inclined to believe you.

Anyone who seeks to convince Jesus followers to abandon their trust in Jesus is trying to steal Jesus' fiance (Ephesians 5:25-33) away for the sole purpose of destroying them.

I'm curious...
How would you like someone to steal your bride to be away from you solely to hurt you, and destroy them?
Is Jesus really such a snowflake?

You just admitted you are not bothered with the truth. I am. I want to know the truth; I want other people to know it true. Everything I post on CARM is what I think is the truth.

So... I think rapist is a rather mild term to use here...
Of course you do, but then you are "not particularly bothered with the truth".

Yet you choose daily to disbelieve.
Have a go at believing that goblins and trolls are real. You seem to think you can just choose to believe and not believe. See how you do.

I am pretty sure you cannot do it. I am pretty sure the fact that you do not think goblins and trolls exist will prevent you choosing to believe they do. But let us know how you get on.

Why would Steve call Treeplanter a rapist?
The level of denial in your posts is amazing!

Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours.

You sound terrified.
Anyone who seeks to convince Jesus followers to abandon their trust in Jesus is trying to steal Jesus' fiance (Ephesians 5:25-33) away for the sole purpose of destroying them.

I'm curious...
How would you like someone to steal your bride to be away from you solely to hurt you, and destroy them?

Paul further describes the situation in 2 Thessalonians 1.

2Th 1:4-12 WEB 4 so that we ourselves boast about you in the assemblies of God for your perseverance and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions which you endure. 5 This is an obvious sign of the righteous judgment of God, to the end that you may be counted worthy of God’s Kingdom, for which you also suffer. 6 For it is a righteous thing with God to repay affliction to those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 punishing those who don’t know God, and to those who don’t obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus, 9 who will pay the penalty: eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes in that day to be glorified in his saints and to be admired among all those who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 11 To this end we also pray always for you that our God may count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire of goodness and work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We understand that you think you're helping...
You're actually setting yourselves up for a butt-whooping like something you've never imagined before.

It's actually one of the many reasons why we plead with you to turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus.

Think about someone who is deliberately making themselves your enemy, and constantly opposes your loved ones, to destroy them.
Are you going to continue to pretend it never happened? I imagine so - hard to imagine you could admit you were wrong.

Case in point.
You're desperately seeking to escape culpability from the truth.
You don't think things through very well. Atheists don't think there is any culpability as you mean it, so they can't be seeking to escape it
Don't worry WiF.
If you want nothing to do with Jesus, you'll be given your leave, and upon your death, you will perish.
So you go on and on about, but never demonstrate as true, which is the important part.

Above MINE? Which one?
The one I responded to, of course!

I'm not seeing it. Did you forget how to do links?
The link was right there in my post. I am sure everyone else could see it - well, anyone with a clue about the CARM forum. And they could follow it to confirm that I am right and you are wrong.

I even quoted Steve for you, and yet still you want to pretend it never happened. There is a level of denial here that borders on the pathological.

The Pixie previously said:
Are you going to continue to pretend it never happened?
What a stupid question.
You are right, it was a stupid question. What was I thinking? As if there was any doubt that you would continue to pretend! Boy, am I kicking myself.

stiggy stop pretend... Hell will freeze over first!

I'm asking for a link.
And I supplied one. And a quote too, with the salient line in big text. But your denial is so strong you choose not to see.

That kind of implies I think it might exist. Show me the dang link, for cryin' out loud!
Here is the quote again, with the link.

Again.

You do know how quotes work, right? The poster's name is a link. You can click the link to go to the original post.

You sound terrified.

I'm curious...

Paul further describes the situation in 2 Thessalonians 1.

2Th 1:4-12 WEB 4 so that we ourselves boast about you in the assemblies of God for your perseverance and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions which you endure. 5 This is an obvious sign of the righteous judgment of God, to the end that you may be counted worthy of God’s Kingdom, for which you also suffer. 6 For it is a righteous thing with God to repay affliction to those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 punishing those who don’t know God, and to those who don’t obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus, 9 who will pay the penalty: eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes in that day to be glorified in his saints and to be admired among all those who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 11 To this end we also pray always for you that our God may count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire of goodness and work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We understand that you think you're helping...
You're actually setting yourselves up for a butt-whooping like something you've never imagined before.

It's actually one of the many reasons why we plead with you to turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus.

Think about someone who is deliberately making themselves your enemy, and constantly opposes your loved ones, to destroy them.

You weren't. Thus your admittedly stupid question. Now stop your jabbering and supply that link.
Already have done. Twice now. As expected, you continue to pretend otherwise, because all Christianity has at the end of the day is passionate denial of reality.

Back