Hardwired to believe in God’s existence?

There is no link in this entire thread in which Steve called Treeplanter a "genuine rapist," and YOU KNOW IT! Take the defeat and scurry on off.
At last you found the link!

And now you have to move the goalposts to save face. I said, post #314: "Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours." It was that post that I linked to. It was with regards to that that you claimed:

Post #316: Above MINE? Which one? I'm not seeing it. Did you forget how to do links?

Post #318: You weren't. Thus your admittedly stupid question. Now stop your jabbering and supply that link.

I supplied that link, and clearly you now realise that. It is frankly pathetic you cannot man-up and admit you were wrong, but entirely predictable.

At last you found the link!

Where is it? If I found it, how come I don't see it?

And now you have to move the goalposts to save face.

There are no goalposts. You must be hallucinating goal posts like you are the link in which Steve supposedly called Treeplanter a genuine rapist.

Maybe he called him a therapist, and you hallucinated a space somehow.

I said, post #314: "Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours." It was that post that I linked to. It was with regards to that that you claimed:

Post #316: Above MINE? Which one? I'm not seeing it. Did you forget how to do links?

Post #318: You weren't. Thus your admittedly stupid question. Now stop your jabbering and supply that link.

Well, do IT! Supply the link.

I supplied that link,

Did Geraldo uncover it in Al Capone's vault?

Where is it? If I found it, how come I don't see it?
I was guessing you found it given you suddenly felt a need to move the goalposts.

There are no goalposts
It is a metaphor, stiggy. Do you know what that is?

The "goalposts" in this case moved:

In posts #316 and #318 the goalposts were set at providing you with a link to where SteveB explains why he called Treeplater a rapist - something that I did posts #314 and #317 - so the first time was before you had even asked for it.

You then moved the goalposts in post #320, where you switched to asking me to provide you with a link to where SteveB originally did it (which you have already been told has been deleted by the mods).

You must be hallucinating goal posts like you are the link in which Steve supposedly called Treeplanter a genuine rapist.
Not hallucinating them, just watching them disappear over the horizon as you run off with them.

Maybe he called him a therapist, and you hallucinated a space somehow.
No, it was definitely rapists. He admitted it in the post where he explains why he did it.

Well, do IT! Supply the link.
Again? Here it is for a third time.

You sound terrified.
I'm not particularly bothered with the truth.
Anyone who seeks to convince Jesus followers to abandon their trust in Jesus is trying to steal Jesus' fiance (Ephesians 5:25-33) away for the sole purpose of destroying them.

I'm curious...
How would you like someone to steal your bride to be away from you solely to hurt you, and destroy them?

So... I think rapist is a rather mild term to use here...

Paul further describes the situation in 2 Thessalonians 1.

2Th 1:4-12 WEB 4 so that we ourselves boast about you in the assemblies of God for your perseverance and faith in all your persecutions and in the afflictions which you endure. 5 This is an obvious sign of the righteous judgment of God, to the end that you may be counted worthy of God’s Kingdom, for which you also suffer. 6 For it is a righteous thing with God to repay affliction to those who afflict you, 7 and to give relief to you who are afflicted with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, 8 punishing those who don’t know God, and to those who don’t obey the Good News of our Lord Jesus, 9 who will pay the penalty: eternal destruction from the face of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes in that day to be glorified in his saints and to be admired among all those who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 11 To this end we also pray always for you that our God may count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire of goodness and work of faith with power, 12 that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

We understand that you think you're helping...
You're actually setting yourselves up for a butt-whooping like something you've never imagined before.

It's actually one of the many reasons why we plead with you to turn to YHVH from your sin and place your trust in Jesus.

Think about someone who is deliberately making themselves your enemy, and constantly opposes your loved ones, to destroy them.

Did Geraldo uncover it in Al Capone's vault?
It is right here on this thread - you just need to to click a link. A link I have provided three times now.

But of course you will not, because that would prove you wrong. Just close your eyes tight, and stick your fingers in your ears. That is apparently how Christians deal with reality they do not like.

I was guessing you found it given you suddenly felt a need to move the goalposts.

There are no goalposts, so how can I move something that does not exist?

It is a metaphor, stiggy.

A rather dumb one then. Goalposts would imply there's a game here. There's not one.

The "goalposts" in this case moved:

In posts #316 and #318 the goalposts were set at providing you with a link to where SteveB explains why he called Treeplater a rapist

Wrong. In neither post did he say he called Treeplanter a rapist. No goal post, metaphorical or otherwise. Just admit it. You have no link. You're only dragging your defeat out longer.

You then moved the goalposts in post #320,

Nope. Post 320 is still there, and not being a MOD, I couldn't move it if I wanted to.

It is right here on this thread - you just need to to click a link. A link I have provided three times now.

Nope, still no link with Steve calling Treeplanter a rapist. Lay off the salvia divinorum.

There are no goalposts, so how can I move something that does not exist?
Wow, you are even in denial about that!

A rather dumb one then. Goalposts would imply there's a game here. There's not one.
Again, it is a metaphor, stiggy. Do you know what that is? Here is something to help to you.

Wrong. In neither post did he say he called Treeplanter a rapist. No goal post, metaphorical or otherwise. Just admit it. You have no link. You're only dragging your defeat out longer.
You asked why he would call Treeplanter a rapist, post #280: "Why would Steve call Treeplanter a rapist?"

And I pointed out, in post #314, that he explained that previously: "Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours." And then I quoted him, and gave a link to the post where he did that."

Then you said, post #316: "Above MINE? Which one? I'm not seeing it. Did you forget how to do links?
What a stupid question. I'm asking for a link. That kind of implies I think it might exist. Show me the dang link, for cryin' out loud!"

So I posted the quote, with the link, again. And then you said, post #318: "You weren't. Thus your admittedly stupid question. Now stop your jabbering and supply that link."

Now you know you were wrong about Steve explaining why he called Treeplanter a rapist, now you desparately moving the metaphorical goalposts. Now you want to pretend this is a link to the original post.

Nope, still no link with Steve calling Treeplanter a rapist. Lay off the salvia divinorum.
I never claimed to have such a link. I claimed a link to where SteveB tried to excuse calling Treeplanter a rapist. And I provided that link three times.

You responded by denying a posted a link two times, before adopting this new strategy of moving the goalposts.

Are you still going to pretend SteveB never called Treeplanter a rapist? After SteveB admitted doing so on this post? How far into denial are you stiggy?

Yet you choose daily to disbelieve.
Yet I don't.
Just as you couldn't simply choose to disbelieve, I cannot simply choose to believe.
To say is otherwise is either to lie knowingly or be willfully ignorant. I lack belief in Gods, the supernatural, sasquatch, Santa to make a few. I reject your specific beliefs about your God and scripture as complete hooey.
actually, according to Romans 10:17, faith comes by hearing and hearing by God's Word.
What you believe the Bible says is irrelevant to me.
You aren't an expert on God, right? You're not infallible and you're unable to demonstrate that any reference you make to the Bible is factually true outside of your interpretation.
So, I don't care what you think Romans says.
sounds like it's you disbelief that's supported by logical fallacies.
Yes. Precisely; it is supported by YOUR logical fallacies.
You understand correctly.
case in point.
trusting in Jesus is not an emotion, nor is it based on gullibility, nor on ignorance.
It is based on emotion, gullibility (credulity), the inability to think critically and without emotion and it is based on ignorance. You believe
So ignorance is your reason why you're choosing to remain ignorant, in spite of the fact that YHVH is offering himself as evidence of his reality.
Yes. Your inability to make your case, your inability to demonstrate that anything you believe is true means that I am ignorant of the factual truth of your beliefs.
I am, however, keenly aware of your ignorance.
Yet you choose daily to disbelieve.
Yet I don't. You are being dishonest -or displaying your ignorance. Which is it?
actually, according to Romans 10:17, faith comes by hearing and hearing by God's Word.
I don't care what you believe Romans says.
sounds like it's you disbelief that's supported by logical fallacies.
Yes! You've Said it correctly. My lack of belief is based on logical fallacies, YOUR LOGICAL fallacies.
trusting in Jesus is not an emotion, nor is it based on gullibility, nor on ignorance.
Trust in Jesus is entirely an emotional response.
It is based on the need to believe, to feel better (comfort?) the lack of critical thinking, the avoidance of asking questions and willful ignorance.
You choose to be ignorant daily.
Look. if you had facts that exist outside of your imagination, you could and would present them, right?
But you don't.....
So ignorance is your reason why you're choosing to remain ignorant, in spite of the fact that YHVH is offering himself as evidence of his reality.
Due to the failure of Christians and believers to make their case, to demonstrate that what they believe is true OUTSIDE of their imagination, I am ignorant.
I choose daily to allow believers to make their case. I choose daily to allow God to make his case.
Both fail daily.

Really? Can you quote anything in any of my posts that you think gives that impression. Are you somehow determining this from "Yes it is."?
Why, does it offend you that people see reality from a more accurate perspective than you?

I ask because to me this looks like utter nonsense.
of this i am absolutely certain.
It looks like yet something else you believe that has no actual basis in reality.
To someone who has only ignorance as their basis of reality, that makes perfect sense.
It looks like yet another reason for me to think everything you spout is just BS.
Which begs the question of why you're wasting your life.
For once, I feel inclined to believe you.
Considering that you only have lies, and self-delusion, truth is something I can rest in.

Is Jesus really such a snowflake?
So you're fine with your loved ones being abused, raped, murdered, mutilated, etc...?
I feel great sorrow for them.
You just admitted you are not bothered with the truth.
Yep. Because I believe Jesus. And as He is the Truth, I rest assured in him.
Really?
Because all you ever do is maliciously attack, berate, and malign him, and the Truth.
I want to know the truth; I want other people to know it true. Everything I post on CARM is what I think is the truth.
So, it's not that you actually want to know the Truth. Rather, you only want people to agree with what you think is true.

Of course you do, but then you are "not particularly bothered with the truth".
That's the great thing about following Jesus.
He is truth, and we can rest assured he has our back.

Because all you ever do is maliciously attack, berate, and malign him, and the Truth.
Maliciously attacking, berating, and maligning?

Hmm...sounds a lot like accusing another person of being a "genuine rapist" because he disagrees with you and tries to convince you to change your mind

Have a go at believing that goblins and trolls are real.
further demonstrating your deliberately choosing deliberate and willful ignorance.
no goblins or trolls are contained in the Biblical narrative.

You seem to think you can just choose to believe and not believe. See how you do.
I've been believing in Jesus for the past 17,095 days.
he's been quite faithful to His Word and me.
I am pretty sure you cannot do it.
Further demonstrating your deliberate and willful ignorance.

Been following Jesus for the past 17,095 days.

I am pretty sure the fact that you do not think goblins and trolls exist will prevent you choosing to believe they do. But let us know how you get on.
You obviously believe goblins and trolls exist, otherwise you wouldn't to talking about them.

Your vague use of the word- believe- raises the question of what you think believe means.

It's not something based on emotions.

I am asking you to substantiate your claim. Clearly you are unable to do, which pretty much destroys your claim of a "more accurate perspective".
Actually, you're whining.
No one doubts your certainty. It is whether you are right that we question.
Which is exactly why Jesus said we're to engage YHVH on his terms and conditions.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say anything about engaging Steve on Steve's terms and conditions.
Nor does it say anything about engaging YHVH on Pixie's terms and conditions.

If you want to know with confidence that YHVH is exactly whom the Bible describes him as, engage YHVH on his terms and conditions as described in the Bible.

Wow, you are even in denial about that!

Correct. I make it a habit to deny things that are not true or real.

Hilarious. Another trifecta of irony, hypocrisy and stupidity. You move the goalposts from discussing Steve calling someone a rapist to ............ [drum roll, please] ...........

........... MOVING THE GOALPOSTS!

Again, it is a metaphor, stiggy.

My, you're a regular George Orwell of metaphorical Animal Farm fame. Are you trying out for the part of a braying donkey?

You asked why he would call Treeplanter a rapist, post #280: "Why would Steve call Treeplanter a rapist?"

Wow, that was pretty redundant.

And I pointed out, in post #314, that he explained that previously: "Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours."

But he didn't, which explains your miserable failure to copy/paste that alleged explanation.

Then you said, post #316: "Above MINE? Which one? I'm not seeing it. Did you forget how to do links?
What a stupid question. I'm asking for a link. That kind of implies I think it might exist. Show me the dang link, for cryin' out loud!"

Correct. I did indeed say that. SO SHOW ME THE LINK!

So I posted the quote, with the link, again. And then you said, post #318: "You weren't. Thus your admittedly stupid question. Now stop your jabbering and supply that link."

Yep. But you're still jabbering and have yet to post the link.

I never claimed to have such a link.

You can't. I doubt there ever was one.

I claimed a link to where SteveB tried to excuse calling Treeplanter a rapist.

No, you didn't.

Are you still going to pretend SteveB never called Treeplanter a rapist?

I never said he didn't. I asked for proof that he did. You can't provide that.

After SteveB admitted doing so on this post?

Yet he never did.

Last edited:
further demonstrating your deliberately choosing deliberate and willful ignorance.
no goblins or trolls are contained in the Biblical narrative.
The only thing of interest here is whether you avoided the point deliberately or because you just didn't get it.

The level of denial in your posts is amazing!

Steve explains exactly why he called Treeplanter a rapist just a couple of posts above yours.

Are you going to continue to pretend it never happened? I imagine so - hard to imagine you could admit you were wrong.
All I'm hearing is whining Pix.

Is your life really that desperate?

You don't think things through very well. Atheists don't think there is any culpability as you mean it, so they can't be seeking to escape it
Exactly.
Which makes the coming shock, surprise, and terror all the more horrifying.
This is what I've long referred to as the cosmic- "oh sh88! I screwed that one up!"

So you go on and on about, but never demonstrate as true, which is the important part.
Your refusal to engage YHVH on his terms and conditions is nobody else's blame but yours.

We are hard-wired to invent woo-woo beliefs to escape fearful realities about the finitude of life. This is evidenced by all the different versions of woo-woo eternities and deities that exist across cultures. As your article outlines, it is indeed a survival strategy, like blocking out harmful truths are as well. Positing an eternal god that you can attach to doesn’t make it true any more than blocking out trauma makes it true that it never happened.

To the contrary. Atheists invent mythological evolutionary processes in order to escape God

Back