How many more troops should NATO send to Ukraine?

Theophilos

The Ukrainian government has confirmed speculation that UK special forces are in Ukraine:
Ukrainian commanders told The Times that soldiers from Britain’s Special Air Service (SAS) are training Ukrainian troops in Kyiv on how to use anti-tank weapons provided by London. https://www.zerohedge.com/military/...diers-are-training-troops-ukrainian-territory

This confirmation comes a few days after a French journalist reported that US and UK special forces have been in Ukraine since the beginning of the war. He witnessed that Americans were in charge of international brigades:

'And who is in charge? It’s the Americans, I saw it with my own eyes,' claimed Georges Malbrunot. 'I thought I was with the international brigades, and I found myself facing the Pentagon'. . . Malbrunot tweeted that British SAS units “have been present in Ukraine since the beginning of the war, as have the American Deltas.” The journalist cited a French intelligence source for his claim.

Should NATO send more forces to Ukraine?

Should that include combat troops?

The Ukrainian government has confirmed speculation that UK special forces are in Ukraine:

This confirmation comes a few days after a French journalist reported that US and UK special forces have been in Ukraine since the beginning of the war. He witnessed that Americans were in charge of international brigades:

Should NATO send more forces to Ukraine?

Should that include combat troops?
It strikes me is eminently likely that there are delta force in Ukraine, but they would not be in a combat role. US special forces in such situations have a limited training role in almost every similar case. I don't think it's particularly advisable that they're there, but if the reporting is correct they're not going to be participating in any combat.

Back