I don't believe in atheists

I suggest a collective "ignore". I think it best for everyone especially those with an unhealthy desire for negative attention.
Thoughts?
Absolutely. Gnats are annoying, but difficult to swat. We should remember the axiom Don't. Feed The Troll. And don't be fooled by the occasional bouts of fake sincerity. This one is the most pathetic we've had for ages. This is incel onanism at work.

Absolutely. Gnats are annoying, but difficult to swat. We should remember the axiom Don't. Feed The Troll. And don't be fooled by the occasional bouts of fake sincerity. This one is the most pathetic we've had for ages. This is incel onanism at work.
Yeah, there's definitely something not right... I sincerely hope that help is available and is found.

The difference is that science eventually comes to a resolution of those differences. In contrast, there are religions that are thousands of years old and which can't all be true, and yet they continue on and on.

I'm not saying that the failure of world religions to congeal into a single religion means that they are all false. But the reason science eventually resolves its differences is because it has a rigorous method that exists above any specific theory or conclusion and so can be used - maybe slowly, haltingly, and imperfectly - to resolve conflicts. I know of no such method beyond particular religions that they use to resolve conflicts between religions. So the differences between religions just continue.
well stated.

The difference is that science eventually comes to a resolution of those differences. In contrast, there are religions that are thousands of years old and which can't all be true, and yet they continue on and on.

I'm not saying that the failure of world religions to congeal into a single religion means that they are all false. But the reason science eventually resolves its differences is because it has a rigorous method that exists above any specific theory or conclusion and so can be used - maybe slowly, haltingly, and imperfectly - to resolve conflicts. I know of no such method beyond particular religions that they use to resolve conflicts between religions. So the differences between religions just continue.
Can you be more specific?

Not that there's any real way to know but do you think the bouts of sincerity are part of the game or a symptom of something bi-polar?

Actually----not so.

I do not know of anyone who still believes in the Roman Pagan gods or worships them. I know of no one who believes in things like Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, unicorns, etc. There are a handful of religions around the world. Some people mix and match things that they have taken from other religions, but when it comes to real religion, there are only a handful.

As for Monotheism, there are, as far as I am aware only three: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. They are all related. Christianity started as a Jewish sect. Islam is sort of like a first cousin---since they come from Abraham through his son Ishmeal.

You are right---all the religions cannot be true. They can all be false, but only one can be correct, if there is a God. Though I would assert that all religions do contain some degree of truth. I am a Christian. I consider any other religion to be a false religion. That does not mean that everything in the false religions is false. They do get some things correct. In that sense, they can be a sort of preparation for Christianity if the people in those religions are seeking truth.
I'm not saying that the failure of world religions to congeal into a single religion means that they are all false. But the reason science eventually resolves its differences is because it has a rigorous method that exists above any specific theory or conclusion and so can be used - maybe slowly, haltingly, and imperfectly - to resolve conflicts.

What happens when the data can be interpreted in different ways? For example, you get a clear result, but there are different and conflicting explanations as to the result--and all of them work as explanations?

I know of no such method beyond particular religions that they use to resolve conflicts between religions. So the differences between religions just continue.

It is called the science of Philosophy, reason, and logic.

I can say the same thing about you when It comes to evolution.

No you really cannot.

Evolution is one of the fundamental theories in science. It is better supported with evidence than any other theory in any scientific discipline. I have already pointed you at resources on the internet that you could use to educated yourself on the subject, but it turns out you are too much of a lazy snowflake and a coward to even try to learn about the subject.

So, can you be a man, and challenge your beliefs and try to learn why they are wrong?

As for Monotheism, there are, as far as I am aware only three: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.
Expand your horizons a bit:

Wikipedia said:
Monotheism characterizes the traditions of Zoroastrianism,[9] Bábism, the Baháʼí Faith, Christianity,[10] Deism, Druzism,[11] Eckankar, Sikhism, Manichaeism, Islam, Judaism, Samaritanism, Mandaeism, Rastafari, Seicho-no-Ie, Tenrikyo, Yazidism, and Atenism. Elements of monotheistic thought are found in early religions such as ancient Chinese religion, Tengrism, and Yahwism.[2][12][13]

No you really cannot.

Evolution is one of the fundamental theories in science. It is better supported with evidence than any other theory in any scientific discipline. I have already pointed you at resources on the internet that you could use to educated yourself on the subject, but it turns out you are too much of a lazy snowflake and a coward to even try to learn about the subject.

So, can you be a man, and challenge your beliefs and try to learn why they are wrong?
Why can't you be a man and challenge your beliefs to learn why they are wrong

Can you be more specific?
Science looks to material reality for its source of knowledge. Hence when scientists disagree they go looking for more knowledge to resolve any dispute. That is why Einstein's theory of gravity replaced Newton's theory of gravity.

Religions look to their own scriptures for their source of knowledge. Christians look to the Bible, Moslems look to the Qur'an, Hindus look to the Bhagavad Gita and so on. Those scriptures are fixed, there is nothing new to see in them. Hence there is no new knowledge to allow disputes to be resolved, so the disputes about the old knowledge continue unresolved. Protestant v Catholic; Sunni v Shia and so on.

The knowledge base of science expands as new things are discovered. The knowledge base of religions is fixed, so there is nothing new to discover.

That is why the two are different.

Atheisim is fake, I tried to be an atheist and I tried to deny God, but I hated him telling me what to do. I was desperate to use the body God gave me for my own glorification. Now looking at it I realized atheism is nothing more than a facaude to fool people into thinking God doesn't exist. It's funny that atheists have to gang up on someone who disagrees and snuff them out. If God doesn't exist then free will can't exist therefore there would be no free will and no atheists. Because God created free will also if God didn't exist there would nothing absolutely nothing at all.
Atheists here believe there is a GOD and that is why they are here pushing so hard against God.

Ever watch an atheist spend days pushing against a wall where there is no wall?

Actually----not so.

I do not know of anyone who still believes in the Roman Pagan gods or worships them. I know of no one who believes in things like Santa Clause, the tooth fairy, unicorns, etc. There are a handful of religions around the world. Some people mix and match things that they have taken from other religions, but when it comes to real religion, there are only a handful.

As for Monotheism, there are, as far as I am aware only three: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. They are all related. Christianity started as a Jewish sect. Islam is sort of like a first cousin---since they come from Abraham through his son Ishmeal.
I'm not sure why it matters if anyone is still an adherent of some particular religion when it comes to whether there is an over-arching method to resolve disputes between religions like science has for resolving scientific claims. It's an intellectual issue, not an issue of statistics of the number of adherents.

You are right---all the religions cannot be true. They can all be false, but only one can be correct, if there is a God. Though I would assert that all religions do contain some degree of truth. I am a Christian. I consider any other religion to be a false religion. That does not mean that everything in the false religions is false. They do get some things correct. In that sense, they can be a sort of preparation for Christianity if the people in those religions are seeking truth.

What happens when the data can be interpreted in different ways? For example, you get a clear result, but there are different and conflicting explanations as to the result--and all of them work as explanations?
If those interpretations are different in any scientifically meaningful way, then those interpretation would imply different predictions of other or new phenomenon that can then be investigated and we'd see which prediction - from interpretation A or from interpretation B - held up. That is how science resolves different interpretations.

It is called the science of Philosophy, reason, and logic.
Reason is not a science, nor is logic. Science uses reason and logic. The relationship between science and philosophy is complex and disputed.

But in no case that I'm aware of has philosophy or reason or logic resolved a conflict between different religions like scientific conflicts are resolved. Adherents of current religions have been happy to continue believing no matter what reason or logic or philosophy some other religion puts forward, and they have been so happy for thousands of years.

But in science, no astronomer propounds a geo-centric model of the solar system. No doctor holds up the miasma theory of disease. No physicist stakes their career on Aristotle's theory of gravity. That's the difference.

Why can't you be a man and challenge your beliefs to learn why they are wrong

I am a man, a man who has studied science and gained a degree in Physics for my efforts. As part of studying science I understand that, at any point, a piece of evidence may arise which shows any of the ideas I believe are true may be shown to be false. It is part of the nature of science and it takes a real man to admit that he might be wrong.

I am willing to accept that I might be wrong about biology, but it's going to take a lot to overturn a theory as solid as evolution.

Frankly, all you have is a book of bronze age fairy tales. Which is laughable in the face of all the evidence for any number of scientific theories.

Teabagsalad, you told me to do that yet you won't, afraid you might find errors in your religion?

I don't have a religion. I was raised in a Christian family, and have read the Bible several times, cover to cover. Of all the science I have studied, and life experiences that I have had, can you guess the one thing that convinced me that Christianity isn't true?

I am a man, a man who has studied science and gained a degree in Physics for my efforts. As part of studying science I understand that, at any point, a piece of evidence may arise which shows any of the ideas I believe are true may be shown to be false. It is part of the nature of science and it takes a real man to admit that he might be wrong.

I am willing to accept that I might be wrong about biology, but it's going to take a lot to overturn a theory as solid as evolution.

Frankly, all you have is a book of bronze age fairy tales. Which is laughable in the face of all the evidence for any number of scientific theories.

I don't have a religion. I was raised in a Christian family, and have read the Bible several times, cover to cover. Of all the science I have studied, and life experiences that I have had, can you guess the one thing that convinced me that Christianity isn't true?
You got tested by God and failed that test, you where never a Christian because if you where you wouldn't have quit so easily, and yes the Bible is written by men, your a man so if you can't trust the Bible for that reason,, I can't trust you about the Bible for the same reason

Back