If it was proven that life begins at fertilization and that the zygote is a person, would you be okay with aborting it?

Hello. I don't believe in abortion now, regardless of what they can or cannot prove. The fact that man doesn't know everything is enough proof to make me give me the benefit of the doubt and to choose not to harm an unborn baby. If someone handed you a box and told you there may or may not be a baby in there and told you to shoot it, I think most people would rather err on the side of caution and not shoot the box just in case a baby IS in there. That's how people should view a pregnancy. There's no proof the unborn baby is NOT a living soul at conception, so err on the side of caution.
Powerful analogy on first impression (shooting at a box—targeting the womb with a weapon) but fails to be persuasive to many people because we actually know a lot about what is in the ”box” depending upon the stage of gestation. What if someone said the next Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson, could be in the box too (a real possibility) then a lot of people might choose to shoot at it. Therefore, claiming ignorance of the contents of the box works both ways. Rather, decide based on what we actually know is in the box…and we know a lot more than you claim.

Hello. I don't believe in abortion now, regardless of what they can or cannot prove. The fact that man doesn't know everything is enough proof to make me give me the benefit of the doubt and to choose not to harm an unborn baby. If someone handed you a box and told you there may or may not be a baby in there and told you to shoot it, I think most people would rather err on the side of caution and not shoot the box just in case a baby IS in there. That's how people should view a pregnancy. There's no proof the unborn baby is NOT a living soul at conception, so err on the side of caution.
I notice that your only concern is for the fetus, and no consideration is given to the woman, who may be a rape or incest victim or have a medical condition that is either incompatible with pregnancy or requires immediate treatment that would kill a fetus. Or there are also the many cases in which a fetus has a fatal genetic disorder.

When considering pregnancy, it is best to consider both the fetus and the mother, and especially, not to compare the mother to a box.

Thanks

Thanks Princess.

We use an ultra sound to see and prove it is a human baby and not a tumor.

They use a heart monitor to make sure they did a good job of killing the baby before chopping into parts for extraction.

Am I the only person here that knows how to do a C-section and actually handle the human baby in utero?
So now you are an obstetrician who delivers babies in addition to your many other professions? :rolleyes:

Powerful analogy on first impression (shooting at a box—targeting the womb with a weapon) but fails to be persuasive to many people because we actually know a lot about what is in the ”box” depending upon the stage of gestation. What if someone said the next Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson, could be in the box too (a real possibility) then a lot of people might choose to shoot at it. Therefore, claiming ignorance of the contents of the box works both ways. Rather, decide based on what we actually know is in the box…and we know a lot more than you claim.
Have you considered the fact that in this analogy, the "box" is actually a living, breathing woman?
Or are women nothing more than disposable incubators.

I
You would murder that woman in the womb
It seems more important to many leftist for the black person and/or woman to have to be convenienced instead of protecting the life of the black person and/or female in the womb. They are only for black people and/or females who are wanted or alive.

In other situations, they are only for the black person who being arrested by police and white police. If it is a black person attacking another black person, then they are not interested.

It is interesting to see how some people would be okay with murdering babies in the womb even if it was proven it is a human life and it legally protected by the government. It is also interesting to see how they would still murder it knowing it was a person like they are. I guess that womb blinds them, makes it okay, and gives them cognitive dissonance. Their evil cant hide behind that womb forever.

On the other hand, some of them believe in infanticide. So there is that evil right there.

So now you are an obstetrician who delivers babies in addition to your many other professions? :rolleyes:
He has claimed that several times, and I'm sure it's true that he has had his hands on a new born baby just as often as he has touched a beating heart or a living brain. After all, he has described doing all three.

I notice that your only concern is for the fetus, and no consideration is given to the woman
No that is you for pages and pages and weeks and weeks whilst I refer to the unborn and the woman

who may be a rape or incest victim
no that is exception again. As the transactivist in the rape crisis centre said to the women, 'reframe your trauma' remember?

He has claimed that several times, and I'm sure it's true that he has had his hands on a new born baby just as often as he has touched a beating heart or a living brain. After all, he has described doing all three.
What is your definition of a woman?

I
It seems more important to many leftist for the black person and/or woman to have to be convenienced instead of protecting the life of the black person and/or female in the womb. They are only for black people and/or females who are wanted or alive.

In other situations, they are only for the black person who being arrested by police and white police. If it is a black person attacking another black person, then they are not interested.

It is interesting to see how some people would be okay with murdering babies in the womb even if it was proven it is a human life and it legally protected by the government. It is also interesting to see how they would still murder it knowing it was a person like they are. I guess that womb blinds them, makes it okay, and gives them cognitive dissonance. Their evil cant hide behind that womb forever.
Well said

Yes, because from a practical standpoint the one day old zygote neither feels pain nor is conscious of anything. The zygote may be the begininng of an individual human but can neither suffer nor perceive anything at all. It is no different functionally than bone marrow or red blood cells, etc.

With that said, I am generally against abortion, simply because at some point in fetal development, the fetus develops a neural system, sensation, and rudimentary consciousness like our own and should be protected lest we be killing innocent human life for the sake of convenience, —a terrible and barbaric precedent to be set for future generations.

Viability is another consideration. An unborn human can survive outside the womb around 23-25 weeks. Therefore somewhere around that time laws should protect the unborn life, IMO.
if the neural system isn't complete until 3-9 months after birth would you be okay with killing an infant?

"This will not do, however, because the fact of the matter is that a newborn baby does not have cognition or self-consciousness. There is no functional difference between the unborn and the newly born-just a difference in location. "If the immediate capacity for self-consciousness makes one valuable, newborns do not qualify as valuable human beings. According to the scientific journal Nature, infants do not acquire conscious memories until nine months after birth.53 Best case scenario, infants acquire limited self-awareness three months after birth, when the synapse connections increase from 56 trillion to 1,000 trillion."

Nobody has said this, so just who are you slandering here? Leaving aside for a moment the fact that "murdering babies in the womb" is an oxymoron, "proving" that a zygote is a person is an equally moronic statement, topped only by proving that it "is a person like they are.".

The reason that abortion is widely supported throughout the world is that a zygote is not a person. Calling it a person is an insult to anyone who really is a person. It devalues the term murder to the point of meaninglessness. If you could prove that the earth was flat and that Elvis was still alive on a moon made of green cheese, then you would have a chance of proving that the zygote is a person. About as likely as proving that an amputated foot, or a liver harvested for transplant, is a person.

Nobody has said this, so just who are you slandering here? Leaving aside for a moment the fact that "murdering babies in the womb" is an oxymoron, "proving" that a zygote is a person is an equally moronic statement, topped only by proving that it "is a person like they are.".

False again. The heart monitor is used to determine when the baby has been killed before extraction.
Jailors are famous for moronic statements.
The reason that abortion is widely supported throughout the world is that a zygote is not a person.
Babble on.
Calling it a person is an insult to anyone who really is a person.
Why do por-deathers try to dehumanize the baby?

Hitler dehumanized Jews.

Wales Jailors are discredited medical outsiders.

It devalues the term murder to the point of meaninglessness.
Hatred dehumanizing is all you have.

If you could prove that the earth was flat and that Elvis was still alive on a moon made of green cheese, then you would have a chance of proving that the zygote is a person. About as likely as proving that an amputated foot, or a liver harvested for transplant, is a person.
How many babies have you delivered?

Pro-deathers are into word games and hatred.

if the neural system isn't complete until 3-9 months after birth would you be okay with killing an infant?

"This will not do, however, because the fact of the matter is that a newborn baby does not have cognition or self-consciousness. There is no functional difference between the unborn and the newly born-just a difference in location. "If the immediate capacity for self-consciousness makes one valuable, newborns do not qualify as valuable human beings. According to the scientific journal Nature, infants do not acquire conscious memories until nine months after birth.53 Best case scenario, infants acquire limited self-awareness three months after birth, when the synapse connections increase from 56 trillion to 1,000 trillion."
Yes there are physiological and morphological differences between a fetus and a born baby. Look it up in an actual text on developmental biology.

Who mentioned Obstetrician?

Left wingers can't keep from making stuff up.

How many babies have you delivered?

Or are you just a discredited medical outsider?
In post 44 you said:

Am I the only person here that knows how to do a C-section and actually handle the human baby in utero?
IOW you read an article about C-sections and think you are an expert?

Back