Is the eternal soul of Jesus distinct from the eternal soul of Jehovah?

Yahchristian

The Son of God preexisted the Incarnation. The Soul of Jesus was in union with Jehovah before Jesus was born.

Here are some OT examples of Jehovah of the OT having both Deity and Soul. God is 'spirit." God is not 'soul.'

TRINITARIANS, just to clarify your view...

P.S.

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, Jehovah (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how Jehovah would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal Jehovah (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas Jehovah created a spirit and soul for each of us, Jehovah himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Last edited:

P.S.

For this creation, Jehovah (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how Jehovah would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal Jehovah (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas Jehovah created a spirit and soul for each of us, Jehovah himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.
Do you understand that Jesus is the one Lord God and so why do you ask

God bless you.

Are you able to answer the question or not...

What would you do with the answer?

There are so many other truths you have rejected. And, this one you will not?

What would you do with the answer?

There are so many other truths you have rejected. And, this one you will not?

In the OP I quote where YOU mention “Jehovah having Soul” and also “the Soul of Jesus”.

Are you seriously unable to clarify your statement by answering the question...

In the OP I quote where YOU mention “Jehovah having Soul” and also “the Soul of Jesus”.

Are you seriously unable to clarify your statement by answering the question...

I have clarified it for those who will comprehend it....

Jesus said... for those who have ears to hear.

The soul of Jesus and the eternal soul of Jehovah are one and the same.
The eternal soul of Jehovah was being described in Philippians 2:6-8.

Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God
a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,
being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled
himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
Better exegetical highlight ...​
Who (Christ), though He eternally existed in the essence of God, He did not think
equalities (plural) with God a gain to be seized (means to violently take) and held.

Last edited:
The pre-incarnate soul of Jesus appeared here in the Torah.

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Jdges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone
loving violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5

“Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons,
the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred
meeting. Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble
to Me, I am weary of bearing them.. Isa 1:13-14

That shows that the Lord God of Israel was being two immaterial natures in union. Deity and Soul! As God!

P.S.

Does Jehovah..as you say "the only one who transcends all creation"...even have a soul?

So according to your Trinitarian view...

The Soul of Jehovah was in union with Jehovah.

Correct?

That is what makes the Son unique and able of interpreting God to men.

The following is accomplished by the Soul of Jehovah in revealing the Invisible God to men.

No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself
God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

[He has revealed Him and brought Him out where He can be seen;
He has interpreted Him and He has made Him known].
John 1:18​

The Greek is the same word commanded of pastors regarding the exegeting of the Scriptures to men.

Jesus is our exegetical teacher of God in showing us how to know God! He interprets God for us.

Being both God and Soul? That allows Him to reveal God to us in terms that we (who are souls) are able to relate to and understand.

grace and peace ..........

P.S.

I answer that The eternal soul of The Son /Word, Jesus, this man the Christ, is in no way distinct therefrom really the Divine Nature itself, since all in God is His Essence. Nevertheless we speak of each term ," Deity and soul" according to their own proper concept , idea ,and perfection.

Your very question implies quiddity as in degrees of numbers (composition) which could not exist in God.

Lastly God The Father does not become as anything , rather He took upon Himself by sending of The Son made passable in the likeness of sinful flesh. Now fashioned and found as man.

....... Alan

Here are some OT examples of Jehovah of the OT having both Deity and Soul. God is 'spirit." God is not 'soul.'
Nevertheless we speak of each term ," Deity and soul" according to their own proper concept , idea ,and perfection.

So just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

1) God is a spirit. True or False?

2) God is a living soul. True or False?

I say both are true.

John 4:24... God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Genesis 1:27... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7... And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

P.S.

Absolutely, because Jesus is only eternal in the sense that now, that he has finished his course without sin, he will never die, but he had a beginning and the Bible very clearly reveals this by the Greek word "huparchon" used in Philippians 2:6. This is also revealed as a fact in Revelation 3:14 and Colossians 1:15 as well.

I say both are true.

John 4:24... God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Genesis 1:27... So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 2:7... And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
You are missing the answer you already have.

"God is spirit." That is where you should have stopped and accepted it. But?

You just jump to another conclusion you force it to be... and then demand that everyone else stop thinking any different.
You suppress truth if you can pull that off..... "God is spirit." Not soul! Soul is a different nature.

In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church,
there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it. No
doubt there have to be factions among you to show which of you
have God’s approval."

1 Cor 11:18-19

Jealousy is the foundation of heresy.

P.S.

Jehovah does NOT have a soul.
Next

Jehovah does NOT have a soul.
Next
Jesus is Jehovah. He also has a soul. He is the God-Man.

The Father does not have a soul.
The Holy Spirit does not have a soul.

The Lord God of Israel said that He has a soul.

The Lord God of Israel later became Jesus in the Incarnation by means of his soul.

Jesus is also a MAN, thus has a man's soul.

In a sense, it is the "property" of Jehovah (so to speak) . "My soul."

Its Jehovah in union with his soul to express Himself through to man. That is so that souls can understand God in terms and ways that souls can relate to.

The union of Soul and Deity of the Lord preceded the Incarnation. It did not first happen when Jesus was born.

The OT revealed that the Lord God of Israel possessed two natures in union before the Incarnation.

Take a careful look. Its there to be read in the OT scriptures.

Most never pay attention to what it is saying. The Lord God of Israel was a union of Deity and Soul.

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover, I
will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you.'I will also walk
among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." Lev 26:10-12​

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Jdges 10:16​
Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone
loving violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5​
“Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons,
the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies— I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred
meeting. Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble
to Me, I am weary of bearing them.. Isa 1:13-14​

grace and peace ........

I say both are true.

Isn't soul and spirit a conjoined principle? Meaning one does not necessarily exist without the other? You are asking true or false to what is without saying.

....... Alan

Last edited:
Back