Is the Spirit owned by all three members of the Trinity?

Bingo. Then you won't use the religious word "person" any more. It is not defined in the English dictionary as Trinitarians use it, nor found in the Bible. What else you got?

I see Bob as the guy in The Wall who builds a wall around himself and goes crazy. He used to actually try to argue a couple years ago but he never does anymore. He just says "your playing word games" and runs away.

On the contrary The Third Person of The Holy Spirit is whereby it is that The First and Second Persons, The Father and The Son live in you/ make their abode. It is clear that you unwittingly Affirm what you Deny by lip service , and Deny what you Affirm by lip service Perhaps if you cease obsessing over number said of God, which is only in the human mode of intelligibility, you wouldn't constantly refute your own understanding in post and post.

.......Alan

Alan, Jesus is the FIRST. There was no need for you to allow yourself to be pulled from the truth into empty philosophical nonsense. You've been robbed according to Paul's warning in Colossians 2:8. "Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ."

Jesus is God Almighty, the First and Last (Rev 1:17). To experience the Holy Spirit is to experience Jesus. That He was manifested in the flesh didn't take away his divinity or who He is, but within the scope of his humanity He perceived as a real man and was limited within that sphere of existence as we are. The best I can do in explaining the specifics of his deity in relation to his humanity is that His Holy Spirit is inseparably fused with his human spirit and this fusion (Luke 1:35) is so complete and perfect that singular "personhood" of God is incarnate. To see Jesus is to see the Father and to know the Father because that is who He is. The complicated part that messes most everyone up is that the Father having taken on flesh and blood, within the scope of his humanity, perceived as a real, flesh and blood man, distinct from his eternal, omniscience.
On the contrary fuse and fusion is the complete opposite of complete Perfection ,considering Divinity and humanity are infinitely far apart to be commingled and alloyed. Humanity to Divinity is like dropping a penny in the ocean . Therefore the 4th century Latin Hilary says to your imperfection of fusion," There can be no touching Him"

When ones sole goal is to articulate opposite of Trine terminology due to ignorance and obstinacy , then adequately expressing verities of The Divine completely escapes many. Lastly God The Father took humanity to The Consubstantial Logos/Word Himself ,having been made passable after a fashion in the likeness of man to become obedient unto death to the glory of God The Father.

Oneness will say anything just to circumvent God Threefold Self Revelation , which is manifestly expressed by way of Hypostasis ,not Fusion.

3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image/figure of his hypostasis, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

You anti Trinitarian need to get away from God thought about this and that and had plans for a son in eternity , He ever Begat/Conceived His own Substantial; Form and Image signified by Word, not fusion of flesh.

Since it was The Word made in that particular flesh, those particular bones, that particular blood; having made His dwelling among us , and we beheld is glory as of The only begotten of The Father, by way of the virgin birth; then it would follow that "We understand The Son by Word alone", and not Fusion. God The Father does not climb up in some creature son by fusion, but rather by Substantial Word extends Hypostasis to Another, but not however as if He were Other from The Divine Nature..

.......Alan

Alan, Jesus is the FIRST. There was no need for you to allow yourself to be pulled from the truth into empty philosophical nonsense. You've been robbed according to Paul's warning in Colossians 2:8. "Don’t let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ."
Says the man who erroneously asset Divinity fused with humanity. That is Imperfection and The Divine Essence knows it not. Now refute or Negate the suppositions, because insisting three persons means three gods and philosophy is nonsense is extremely ignorant., and it not going to cut as any substantial argument. You have to negate the suppositions. All I hear from the lot is ," I don't like it:, which is very myopic and rudimentary.

....... Alan

God made Himself known as one person.

Job 13:8
“Will ye accept his person? will ye contend for God?”
And in That sense by ancient Greek standards, Person stands for The One Substance since" This name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person". ,as also when Person stands for The Subsistence "This name God signifies The Divine Essence in Him Who possess it" So your point is what exactly? Plurality in The Supposita is Indeterminately signified by Trinity in a Determinate Manner.

So what asserting God is only one Person,, the ancient Latins says " The One Essence is The same as The Suppositum which is distinguished in Three " Supposita" of The Godhead". God is same Godhead .

........Alan

Says the man who erroneously asset Divinity fused with humanity.

I agree.

God is NOT a man.

That's why Jesus said:

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger,
nor will I devastate Ephraim again.
For I am God, and not a man—
the Holy One among you.

I will not come against their cities.

Last edited:
And in That sense by ancient Greek standards, Person stands for The One Substance since" This name God in and of itself can stand for this word Person". ,as also when Person stands for The Subsistence "This name God signifies The Divine Essence in Him Who possess it" So your point is what exactly? Plurality in The Supposita is Indeterminately signified by Trinity in a Determinate Manner.

So what asserting God is only one Person,, the ancient Latins says " The One Essence is The same as The Suppositum which is distinguished in Three " Supposita" of The Godhead". God is same Godhead .

........Alan

God and His Spirit are ONE person, like a person is one person with his spirit:

Behold:

1 Cor 2:11
For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

John 14:17-20
This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him because he abides with you, and he will be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 1:11
He came to the world that was his own. And his own people did not accept him.

John 1:10
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Job 33:4
The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.

Psalm 104:30
When you send your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground.

Psalm 33:6
By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

I commend you for studying, but I would encourage you to try to study and see the distinctiveness of the Son as due to his genuine humanity. This plain fact is far too underappreciated and not considered deeply enough. All questions about the distinctiveness between God and Jesus are due to God becoming a genuine human. God having established the fundamentals of theology in the OT as the singular I AM does not change.

Areas of study:

The absolute Oneness and singularity of God (NONE ELSE BESIDE ME): ISAIAH 44:6-8; 45:18; 21-23
The Spirit of God is His presence: PSALM 139
God is Spirit. Spirit is His essence and fundamental nature: JOHN 4:24
Jesus is called the Son of God due to the incarnation, his humanity: LUKE 1:35
Jesus is God, the FIRST and LAST: REVELATION 1:17

A strong monotheistic, Jewish style belief in One God and that God is Spirit is the essential starting place.
A strong understanding and acceptance of the omnipotence and uniqueness of God, and that He is not constrained to just time and space.
This one God, who is omnipotent, added to himself a genuine human existence, the Son of God, for our salvation and his Name is Jesus.
The man Jesus Christ, perceived himself as a man, within the context of his humanity. Everything that we can say about ourselves, Jesus could say about himself except he had no sin.
And He is The Divine Son of God.

God and His Spirit are ONE person, like a person is one person with his spirit:

Behold:

1 Cor 2:11
For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
The Holy Spirit is ONE Person; God is NOT.

In my Bible God revealed Himself as THREE Persons.
I know this.

1 John 1:3
We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

God is a "binity" not a trinity.

One person who exists as a duality.

If the spirit is merely a life force, then the Holy Spirit is the life force of God rather than his rational presence.
The Holy Spirit is God's Spirit as Jesus said Matthew 10:20. The Holy Spirit is God's substance, what He is. God's person is His being, who He is. The Spirit instigates creation at God's direction Psalm 104:30. God's person operates through His Spirit which enables Him to communicate with His creation. God's Spirit does not give the Father life, God is self-existent. The Spirit is life and is the life source of Jesus.

Blasphemy.

The Father lives in us by Christ ALONE (John 14:6). ONLY The Son knows The Father remember (Matt 11:27)? There's ONLY one go-between between God and men (1 Tim 2:5). We ONLY have fellowship with The Father and The Son (1 Jn 1:3). Oh and let's not forget that Christ is THAT Spirit (2 Cor 3:17).

There, just destroyed your trinity idol for the millionth time.
You have fellowship with the Father and the Son through their Holy Spirit, that is how they come into us. Read John 14 carefully. The Spirit is Jesus' Spirit and is distinct from His person. If that was not true then there would only be one word used to describe Jesus, but there are two, soul and spirit. The Spirit is distinct from Jesus' person.

I commend you for studying, but I would encourage you to try to study and see the distinctiveness of the Son as due to his genuine humanity. This plain fact is far too underappreciated and not considered deeply enough. All questions about the distinctiveness between God and Jesus are due to God becoming a genuine human. God having established the fundamentals of theology in the OT as the singular I AM does not change.

Areas of study:

The absolute Oneness and singularity of God (NONE ELSE BESIDE ME): ISAIAH 44:6-8; 45:18; 21-23
The Spirit of God is His presence: PSALM 139
God is Spirit. Spirit is His essence and fundamental nature: JOHN 4:24
Jesus is called the Son of God due to the incarnation, his humanity: LUKE 1:35
Jesus is God, the FIRST and LAST: REVELATION 1:17

A strong monotheistic, Jewish style belief in One God and that God is Spirit is the essential starting place.
A strong understanding and acceptance of the omnipotence and uniqueness of God, and that He is not constrained to just time and space.
This one God, who is omnipotent, added to himself a genuine human existence, the Son of God, for our salvation and his Name is Jesus.
The man Jesus Christ, perceived himself as a man, within the context of his humanity. Everything that we can say about ourselves, Jesus could say about himself except he had no sin.
Yet the scriptures make the definite distinction between the soul and spirit. God has a soul according to HIs own words (Iasiah 42:1,Jeremiah 6:8, Leviticus 26:11 to name a few). And He is One Spirit (John 4:24) and the Holy Spirit is His Spirit (Matthew 10:20). So the scriptures are very clear on how God is constructed. We are made in His image of soul and spirit. The fact that the Holy Spirit is Jesus Spirit and makes Him God, does not affect His humanity in any way. He still has a begotten soul like ours, and He had to function in a human body.

Jesus' Spirit is indeed, The Holy Spirit.
Jesus' spirit is NOT.
The spirit is what gives the body life. According to the accounts of Jesus' birth He was given life by the Holy Spirit, not the breath that gave life to Adam. Paul said that the life sources of Adam and Jesus were different I Corinthians 15:45. If Jesus had been given life by the breath we inherit from our parents from Adam, then Jesus would have inherited corruption. I don't see any indication that Jesus had two spirits. When the scripture mentions Jesus' spirit it is always in the singular.

Back