J. Smith: Repeated Lies Upon Lies --- We were with God always :(

"I am dwelling on the immortality of the spirit of man. Is it logical to say that the intelligence of spirits is immortal, and yet that it had a beginning? The intelligence of spirits had no beginning, neither will it have an end. . . .

"Intelligence is eternal and exists upon a self-existent principle. It is a spirit from age to age, and there is no creation about it."

Joseph Smith, Jr.

The Gospel Through the Ages, p. 126

This is anti-biblical!

"Bloated" indeed! He was also a hypocrite, preaching the Word of Wisdom, while not following it himself. He was often seen riding around town, smoking cigars, plus, he often drank wine.

"I am dwelling on the immortality of the spirit of man. Is it logical to say that the intelligence of spirits is immortal, and yet that it had a beginning? The intelligence of spirits had no beginning, neither will it have an end. . .

This demonstrates the absence of critical thinking skills in Mormonism.
The implication is that it is not "logical".

But what is the basis for this?

Natural numbers are infinite in the forward direction, but not in the backward direction.
Whole numbers are infinite in the forward direction, but not in the backward direction.

So what is "illogical" about Spirits being created at a point in time, yet continue to exist for eternity forward?

This demonstrates the absence of critical thinking skills in Mormonism.
The implication is that it is not "logical".

But what is the basis for this?

Natural numbers are infinite in the forward direction, but not in the backward direction.
Whole numbers are infinite in the forward direction, but not in the backward direction.

So what is "illogical" about Spirits being created at a point in time, yet continue to exist for eternity forward?
How is eternity explained by theologians and most others!

What is the meaning of eternity in theology?
Eternity, timelessness, or the state of that which is held to have neither beginning nor end. Eternity and the related concept of infinity have long been associated with strong emotional overtones, serving to astonish, weary, or confound those who attempt to grasp them. Christ as eternity.

Who gave the theory of eternity?

Theory of Eternity of Life: This theory was proposed by Preyer in 1880. According to this theory, different types of living beings have always existed on earth and shall continue to exist forever, changing only in form.

eternity, timelessness, or the state of that which is held to have neither beginning nor end.

Goggle Eternity....

So I see that everyone except evangelicals, protestants, and other religions don't see spirits as eternal? hmm. oh my!

His lies are so anti-biblical. It's no wonder Mormons reject Christian efforts and testimonies.
What efforts? Let's see, you all come here with beliefs about our religion that are not our beliefs and then expect us to defend them?

Is that the effort you're talking about? We shouldn't resist that? LOL

Back