Jesus is not literally in the bread and wine

OOH - nice turnabout!!! Totally ridiculous, or course. SO the celebrating priest gets to drink the "Blood" and the laiety only get the "body" (which has been found sufficient by the people who "matter").
If you don't believe in the "Blood" and the "Body" why should you care who receives it??

No it was much more than that. They were leaving not because they thought He was literally bread and wine at all. I have faith in His words in context. But RCs love to not read the whole context of what He is saying. He is clearly starting to tell them that He is God, He is the promised Messiah.
Yes, throughout the BIble, context determines meaning. Bible-believing Christians know to take the BIble literally unless the context demands a figrative or symbolic interpretation. Here is a few examples of symbolism in the Scriptures. All scholars would agree that the following verses are metaphorical.
"O taste and see that the Lord is good." Ps. 34: 8

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. (John 4:14 For those who receive the gift of salvation, Christ's Spirit shall dwell in their souls assuring them of everlasting life. )

Back