Jesus will return in 2030 (at the latest)

That's setting a date saying Christ CANNOT return until at least seven years from today.

Christ can return at any time.

Great scripture. Why did you cite it?
Then you do not know what the Scriptures say, specifically Revelation and Daniel. There are seven years determined for the time of Jacob's trouble. Not one day less.

Then you do not know what the Scriptures say, specifically Revelation and Daniel.
:rolleyes: C'mon, man. Every time there's a disagreement, people throw out "you don't know the Bible." It gets old. I've been a Christian for almost 50 years. I'm very familiar with the different eschatological views.

There are seven years determined for the time of Jacob's trouble. Not one day less.
The Bible does not explicitly say that the Christian church will be raptured before the 70th week commences.

Note that I am inclined to believe that we will be, but we do not know for certain.

:rolleyes: C'mon, man. Every time there's a disagreement, people throw out "you don't know the Bible." It gets old. I've been a Christian for almost 50 years. I'm very familiar with the different eschatological views.
How long someone has been a Christian does not mean that their knowledge reflects how long that they have been a Christian.

The Bible does not explicitly say that the Christian church will be raptured before the 70th week commences.

Note that I am inclined to believe that we will be, but we do not know for certain.
Where did I mention anything about the rapture?

How long someone has been a Christian does not mean that their knowledge reflects how long that they have been a Christian.
That's true.

Where did I mention anything about the rapture?
Ok, lets start there. Do you believe in a rapture for the Christian church? If so, when will it be in relation to Daniel's 70th week?

What makes you so sure Daniel's 70th week hasn't started?

Ok, lets start there. Do you believe in a rapture for the Christian church?
Absolutely, no doubt in my mind.

If so, when will it be in relation to Daniel's 70th week?
It will before the 70th week.
What makes you so sure Daniel's 70th week hasn't started?
Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
From what I have been taught, it is widely held that that a treaty/agreement has to be made stronger that it was originally agreed to. This agreement is between Israel and her neighbors/ the world. The "he" in the above verse is the antichrist.
There are the Abraham Accords that have been agreed to between Israel and some of her neighbors. However, they were all implemented at different times

Revelation 6:
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

For the sake of argument, let's say that the 70th week has started. Where are we?

Absolutely, no doubt in my mind.
Same here.

It will before the 70th week.

Daniel 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
From what I have been taught, it is widely held that that a treaty/agreement has to be made stronger that it was originally agreed to. This agreement is between Israel and her neighbors/ the world. The "he" in the above verse is the antichrist.
There are the Abraham Accords that have been agreed to between Israel and some of her neighbors. However, they were all implemented at different times
That’s a good point. There is no covenant yet.

Revelation 6:
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
For the sake of argument, let's say that the 70th week has started. Where are we?
Exceedingly early. :)

Please allow me to revise my earlier statement. When you said this:
The very earliest that Jesus can return is May 4, 2031(as of 5/3/24).
I mistakenly assumed you were talking about the rapture. The rapture could occur at any time. Christ will return and we’ll meet him in the air. Once we’re gone, the trib might start right away, or it might not. Christ will return TO earth at the end of the trib. So, if I’m understanding you, when you said the earliest Christ can return is seven years from today, you were talking about his return TO earth, and not the rapture.

Are we on the same page?

Same here.

That’s a good point. There is no covenant yet.

Exceedingly early. :)

Please allow me to revise my earlier statement. When you said this:

I mistakenly assumed you were talking about the rapture. The rapture could occur at any time. Christ will return and we’ll meet him in the air. Once we’re gone, the trib might start right away, or it might not. Christ will return TO earth at the end of the trib. So, if I’m understanding you, when you said the earliest Christ can return is seven years from today, you were talking about his return TO earth, and not the rapture.

Are we on the same page?
Yes. We are on the same page. I apologize for any misunderstanding. I kinda figured that you were referring to the Gospels when you suggested that Jesus can return at any time.

Then you do not know what the Scriptures say, specifically Revelation and Daniel. There are seven years determined for the time of Jacob's trouble. Not one day less.
You are like the pot calling the Kettle black here, for you don't know the scriptures yourself, otherwise you would not believe in your fallacious gap theory nor in your non Biblical 7 year tribulation false doctrine.

For the last week of Daniels 70 weeks has been already fulfilled by Christ and which began with the start of his ministery 3 1/2 years before his death and then picking back up at his resurrection and 3 1/2 years after it and ending with Paul's conversion and appointment by God to replace Judas Iscariot.

Furthermore, Revelation 13 reveals that the beast is only given 3 1/2 years and not a full 7 years like you falsely believe and teach about it.

By the way, if you are comparing Daniel 9:27 with the sacrifices and offerings being fullfilled with those passage in Daniel 8 and 11 and 12 that speak of the daily or perpetual being taken away, that is a serious error, for actually the Hebrew word for "sacrifice" is not even used in those passages because that isn't what is removed.

Therefore they are a far cry from their intended meaning from Daniel 9:27 where the word "sacrifices" is used and also fulfilled or brought into a rest, for the Hebrew word is "Shabboth" and which means they were fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Back