Magic Stone, Folk Magic. For Markk

Once again folks, this always turn out to be about me and my limitations... chuckle.

More about me some more... my ignorance and lack of research or study is the reason for The New Mormonism... chuckle... I wonder why Markk does not like to speak about the revisionist, progressives historians and professors and The New Mormonism. But if he keeps making this about me then he doesn't have to deal with the real issues. chuckle.

Well actually it goes back much further Markk, it began with Hurlbut, Howe and then the Tanners, etc, etc. All of these characters gave The New Mormonism legs to change our Church into a more secular enterprise versus us old Traditionalist who are out to save it... at least helping the youth see who is behind all this ruckus... our not so good spiritual brother, Lucifer... Markk you have bought into his tall tells of lies.
You don’t want to acknowledge that it was your own leaders who have revised mormonism to try to make it less egregious to the public. You want to blame the messengers. The historians who have exposed the truth that the leaders tried to bury.

And it’s still going on. They haven’t told the truth about church finances. Just another deception that they tried to put over on you, the government and the world.

Doubt and then apathy
No try again…you saw the survey Of those that left, I gave it to you. You are just making stuff up again.

The biggest reason for younger LDS was LGBT issues, whil ethe reason for orders LDS was the Book of Abraham, with Scie CE reflated issues and Anachronisms in the BoM tied for second place.

Your two items did not even register in the survey. BTW the survey was used by the church in part to author the assay topics.

No try again…you saw the survey Of those that left, I gave it to you. You are just making stuff up again.

The biggest reason for younger LDS was LGBT issues, whil ethe reason for orders LDS was the Book of Abraham, with Scie CE reflated issues and Anachronisms in the BoM tied for second place.

Your two items did not even register in the survey. BTW the survey was used by the church in part to author the assay topics.
"Why People Leave the LDS Church" (2008), a work by author: John P. Dehlin
The PowerPoint screencast "Why People Leave the LDS Church" (2008) by John Dehlin deals with two different major issues related to those who leave the Church:

1. Historical and doctrinal issues which surprise and shock members.
  2. Social considerations regarding the way that members who deal with these issues are treated by other church members.

The author(s) of Why People Leave the LDS Church make(s) the following claim:​

When Church members discover the gap between what they have been taught and what history shows, they feel stunned and betrayed, like they've been lied to, like there has been a cover-up. They feel disgusted and very angry.
    • This is sometimes true, but should not be generalized to all Church members.
  • In many cases, the Church has acknowledged these issues, but has not emphasized them in regular Church meetings.
I think I'm right Markk, big doubt is in play big time...

Maybe, it’s hard to get into all the reason people leave, even with a survey. So Markk, share with me why you doubted... I don't think you left because of the gay issue...
Oh, but you claim to know about it more than anyone else.

Maybe, its hard to get into all the reason people leave, even with a survey. So Markk, share with me why you doubted... I don't think you left because of the gay issue...
Ralf, I have shared with you many times as to why I doubted and left the church, as soon as two or three weeks ago. It is clear you don't listen or read. You don't read, study, or read...you need to start if you want to keep up here.

The survey holds a lot of credibility, so much so the church used it in formulating the Essays. You can deal with it, or ignore it, that is your choice. One of the biggest common denominators is that folks want to know the truth, they don't want to be lied to, or talked down to. They feel they can handle the truth, what they can't handle is attitudes like yours...they are smart Ralf..they can read.

"Why People Leave the LDS Church" (2008), a work by author: John P. Dehlin
The PowerPoint screencast "Why People Leave the LDS Church" (2008) by John Dehlin deals with two different major issues related to those who leave the Church:

1. Historical and doctrinal issues which surprise and shock members.
  2. Social considerations regarding the way that members who deal with these issues are treated by other church members.

The author(s) of Why People Leave the LDS Church make(s) the following claim:​

I think I'm right Markk, big doubt is in play big time...
LOL, what you just quoted is about being lied to Ralf. Paste the survey I gave you, are you that indoctrinated?

Ralf, I have shared with you many times as to why I doubted and left the church, as soon as two or three weeks ago. It is clear you don't listen or read. You don't read, study, or read...you need to start if you want to keep up here.

The survey holds a lot of credibility, so much so the church used it in formulating the Essays. You can deal with it, or ignore it, that is your choice. One of the biggest common denominators is that folks want to know the truth, they don't want to be lied to, or talked down to. They feel they can handle the truth, what they can't handle is attitudes like yours...they are smart Ralf..they can read.
Yes Markk, I think you are not listening, I stated I don't think its about the gay issue, maybe some but you have other doubts and issues.

LOL, what you just quoted is about being lied to Ralf. Paste the survey I gave you, are you that indoctrinated?
Chuckle 1 and 2 again Markk... one is revisionist and progressive, The New Mormonism and 2 is about the gay issue toned down by John as social issues.... I guess you just don't pay attention...

Are you accusing me of lying or my sources of lying and if so, please do the research and prove your points. Telling me to read 3 books isn't exactly a debate.
The point either went right over your head, or you’re just being disingenuous. But I don’t think you’re stupid.

So you disagree on the Gay issue as not being a huge social issure for the Church? And possibly first or second to that is The New Mormonism? chuckle.

Back