Mormon missionary encounter…

Magdalena

I live in a secured senior apartment complex, that has ‘no soliciting‘ signs all over. This morning there was loud knocking on my door that didn’t stop until I opened it. There was a young man dressed in black, including a black bikers helmet. At first I thought it looked like someone from antifa. Then I noticed the name tag. Somehow they had gotten into the building.

I asked if he was a Mormon missionary, and he kind of acted offended and said Church of Jesus Christ of a latter Day Saints. I said I wasn’t interested in mormonism. He said “Why?” I said he wasn’t supposed to be in the building. He said he was there to bring a message from Christ. I said he needed to leave. He wouldn’t, and just kept on talking. He started getting rude. Apparently his companion had gone down the hall to annoy someone else.

I told him again to leave. He just said “Why?” So I shut the door in his face and locked it. I called the manager and told him what was going on. A few minutes later I saw the two missionaries down on the street with their bikes, and the manager went out and lit into them about not coming into this building and disturbing people.

Then I went to repent, again, for the year and a half I spent annoying people door to door and telling them lies about Christ.

I live in a secured senior apartment complex, that has ‘no soliciting‘ signs all over. This morning there was loud knocking on my door that didn’t stop until I opened it. There was a young man dressed in black, including a black bikers helmet. At first I thought it looked like someone from antifa. Then I noticed the name tag. Somehow they had gotten into the building.

I asked if he was a Mormon missionary, and he kind of acted offended and said Church of Jesus Christ of a latter Day Saints. I said I wasn’t interested in mormonism. He said “Why?” I said he wasn’t supposed to be in the building. He said he was there to bring a message from Christ. I said he needed to leave. He wouldn’t, and just kept on talking. He started getting rude. Apparently his companion had gone down the hall to annoy someone else.

I told him again to leave. He just said “Why?” So I shut the door in his face and locked it. I called the manager and told him what was going on. A few minutes later I saw the two missionaries down on the street with their bikes, and the manager went out and lit into them about not coming into this building and disturbing people.

Then I went to repent, again, for the year and a half I spent annoying people door to door and telling them lies about Christ.
The missionaries should have been respectful of the "no soliciting" signs. That said, I wish Christians would go door to door again, but I think the JW's and Mormons have pretty much ruined that.

Good STORY! chuckle.

The missionaries should have been respectful of the "no soliciting" signs. That said, I wish Christians would go door to door again, but I think the JW's and Mormons have pretty much ruined that.
Yes! leave and dust off your feet....

You should have told them why.

I would say, "Your church teaches no soliciting if there's a "No soliciting sign." But my "No soliciting" sign has ended their knocks on my door and I don't think they even come into our neighborhood anymore. The JWs gave up decades ago.

You mean why I wasn’t interested? I’ve spent a lot of time over the years doing that every time missionaries show up. I was a Mormon missionary, and had the door shut in my face a lot. After leaving the Mormon church, I decided not to do that to anyone. So I always talked with them about Christ, and left things cordial.

But this time, this guy was just rude. He wasn’t there to talk about Christ. He was there to bully people about mormonism. No humility. No respect. And I didn’t feel that deserved an explanation from me.

People live here to be shielded from stuff like that. At this point in their lives, they deserve rest and security. And the manager let them know why they shouldn’t be here.

I would say, "Your church teaches no soliciting if there's a "No soliciting sign." But my "No soliciting" sign has ended their knocks on my door and I don't think they even come into our neighborhood anymore. The JWs gave up decades ago.
So that works very well also for your Church, but does not really agree with Bible doctrine... so this would be a great excuse for not having to preach the Gospel of Christ, Well we can keep that commandment, we are not allowed into so many communities... chuckle.
Mark 16:
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Might have expected that response from you.
Well you have to problems as a Christian

1). Commanded to preach the Gospel of Christ to all the world
2). Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

So that works very well also for your Church, but does not really agree with Bible doctrine... so this would be a great excuse for not having to preach the Gospel of Christ, Well we can keep that commandment, we are not allowed into so many communities... chuckle.
Mark 16:
And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.
Christians haven't stopped preaching the gospel and your church never started!

Well you have to problems as a Christian

1). Commanded to preach the Gospel of Christ to all the world
2). Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
The Gospel of Christ. That’s not mormonism. The Bible tells us not to listen to false prophets.
So there’s that.

The Gospel of Christ. That’s not mormonism. The Bible tells us not to listen to false prophets.
So there’s that.
So I guess the commandment to preach His Gospel to all the world, except for those who are in gated communities or have no soliciting on their doors... we are 60,000 strong, how are you guys doing?

So I guess the commandment to preach His Gospel to all the world, except for those who are in gated communities or have no soliciting on their doors... we are 60,000 strong, how are you guys doing?
LOL, and what is the growth rate of the church minus member born into the church. You are not emotionally ready for that conversation. The church is declining membership, if you take out births into the church and count deaths.

How are you doing?

LOL, and what is the growth rate of the church minus member born into the church. You are not emotionally ready for that conversation. The church is declining membership, if you take out births into the church and count deaths.

How are you doing?
We are losing members, that is about the fourth time I have admitted that... emotionally I'm sad Markk...

Back