Mormons vs Mormonism

Someone who is a biblical literalist does believe that God created the world in six days.
I am a biblical literalist who does not believe the world was "created" in six days. I personally believe in a gap of time between Genesis chapter 1:1 and 1:2. I believe there was a tremendous fight in the heavenlies (see some of the OT prophets and Job) where Satan and his cronies wrecked earth. Genesis 1:2 says the earth was formless and void. Hebrew is laid waste and desolate. God rebuilt the earth and part of the heavens in six 24-hour days (evening and morning cycle).

Theologians used to say the earth was the center of the universe and everything traveled around it. That has been proven wrong. science says the earth is millions of years old, had dinosaurs, etc. We have the evidence. Gap theory makes the most sense to me to explain it toe and I can still be a Biblical literalist. I could be very wrtong but it matters not. God created the heavens and the earth. How He did it and how long it took is immaterial to me.

The truth of creation is in the sealed plates Joseph Smith was not allowed to translate...
That's pure speculation. It's not difficult to see that the creation epic is symbolic and not intended to be taken literally. It's also a scientific fact that Jesus' Father was human for the very reason I offered. My point is simply this, the creation epic was intended to be instructive, not an thesis on procreation amongst the gods. We don't really need a thesis on the subject, we are well versed on the topic as we practice doing it a lot.

I am a biblical literalist who does not believe the world was "created" in six days. I personally believe in a gap of time between Genesis chapter 1:1 and 1:2. I believe there was a tremendous fight in the heavenlies (see some of the OT prophets and Job) where Satan and his cronies wrecked earth. Genesis 1:2 says the earth was formless and void. Hebrew is laid waste and desolate. God rebuilt the earth and part of the heavens in six 24-hour days (evening and morning cycle).

Theologians used to say the earth was the center of the universe and everything traveled around it. That has been proven wrong. science says the earth is millions of years old, had dinosaurs, etc. We have the evidence. Gap theory makes the most sense to me to explain it toe and I can still be a Biblical literalist. I could be very wrtong but it matters not. God created the heavens and the earth. How He did it and how long it took is immaterial to me.

The terms literalists or fundamentalists, refer to Christians who believe that the Bible contains the actual word of God and that these words are all factually correct. Literalists would believe the creation story found in Genesis is exactly as it is written.

The terms literalists or fundamentalists, refer to Christians who believe that the Bible contains the actual word of God and that these words are all factually correct. Literalists would believe the creation story found in Genesis is exactly as it is written.
I do, but I also believe there is a time gap between verses one and two of Genesis 1. It appears to be logical. A literalist would also believe that there are certain literary forms used such as metaphors and similes. Jesusm refers Himself as the "door". That is not a literal door but an expression of the way one enters into eternal life.

Daniel's 70 weeks of years are literal, but there exists a time gap between week 69 and 70. It has not yet been fulfilled yet the other aspects of the 69 weeks were fulfilled to the letter from the time the decree of Cyrus went forth to rebuild Jerusalem to the death of the Messiah-- 483 years. The final seven years is remaining but is coming very shortly.

I have no problem with the Genesis account of creation.

I do, but I also believe there is a time gap between verses one and two of Genesis 1. It appears to be logical. A literalist would also believe that there are certain literary forms used such as metaphors and similes. Jesusm refers Himself as the "door". That is not a literal door but an expression of the way one enters into eternal life.

Daniel's 70 weeks of years are literal, but there exists a time gap between week 69 and 70. It has not yet been fulfilled yet the other aspects of the 69 weeks were fulfilled to the letter from the time the decree of Cyrus went forth to rebuild Jerusalem to the death of the Messiah-- 483 years. The final seven years is remaining but is coming very shortly.

I have no problem with the Genesis account of creation.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Is this verse clearly intended by the writer as allegory, poetry, or some other genre? Yes or no.
Literal. Reconstruction of an earth once made perfect but made a wasteland (for less and void) after destruction by Lucifer and his hordes.

My opinion. God's word is literal and must be taken as such. Where literal doesn't make sense, look for the literal meaning behind what is said.

Literal. Reconstruction of an earth once made perfect but made a wasteland (for less and void) after destruction by Lucifer and his hordes.

My opinion. God's word is literal and must be taken as such. Where literal doesn't make sense, look for the literal meaning behind what is said.

What a lot of word salad.

False prophets, false doctrine = not Christ’s way. Not His church. Not His gospel. You think you can just change it and claim it’s Christ’s. It doesn’t work that way.

The only prophets that you have faith enough to believe in are dead ones.

Makes perfectly good sense.

How different Christian traditions regard the Bible - BBC Bitesize

Literal interpretation asserts that a biblical text is to be interpreted according to the “plain meaning” conveyed by its grammatical construction and historical context. The literal meaning is held to correspond to the intention of the authors.

literal interpretation biblical criticism Written and fact-checked by The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica Last Updated: March 29, 2023 •​

Last edited:

How different Christian traditions regard the Bible - BBC Bitesize

Literal interpretation asserts that a biblical text is to be interpreted according to the “plain meaning” conveyed by its grammatical construction and historical context. The literal meaning is held to correspond to the intention of the authors.

literal interpretation biblical criticism Written and fact-checked by The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica Last Updated: March 29, 2023 •​
It is as written. Consult the entire counsel of God in the scriptures and use your mind.

Back