Mother Mary

T
Matthew 27: 55 There were also many women there, looking on from a distance, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him, 56 among whom were Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James and Joseph and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.

John 19:So the soldiers did these things, 25 but standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

And there is this:

An ancient historian named Hegesippus can shed further light. A native of Palestine, Hegesippus finished his Memoirs in the reign of Pope Eleutherius (AD 175-189) when he was an old man. He draws his information from personal sources, as he was able to question some surviving members of Jesus' family. Hegesippus can tell us that:

"After the martyrdom of James, it was unanimously decided that Simeon, son of Clopas, was worthy to occupy the see of Jerusalem. He was, it is said, a cousin of the Saviour;" Hegesippus recounts in fact that Clopas was a brother of Joseph (Eusebius, Hist. eccl., III, 11).
There are other writings that clearly state that James was the brother of Jesus and that Jesus had nephews working in the church.

Those are the sons of Mary of Clopas/Cleopas , sister of Mary, making them cousins of Jesus.
Nonsense. There is a perfectly good word in Greek for "cousin" and it is NOT used in those verses that enumerate Jesus' brothers and mention His sisters. The most natural way to take those verses is that they are Jesus' actual half-siblings, that Mary had with Joseph. I know that Catholics cringe at the idea of their pure, near-goddess Mary being engaged in something as earthy as a sexual relationship with her lawful wedded husband, who obviously loved her, but that makes these verses no less illuminating. Jesus had a number of half-siblings, from Mary and Joseph. Catholics need to get over it and accept it. Except they won't.

Peter made the final decision on the issue of circumcision.
Baloney.

Acts 15:
12 The whole assembly became silent as they listened to Barnabas and Paul telling about the signs and wonders God had done among the Gentiles through them. 13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles...
19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God.

This is James speaking. One would need to willfully refuse to see that it is James who made the final decision, not Peter, in order to keep up the fiction that Peter was the undisputed head of the entire early church back then.

It could but normally it meant blood brother but RCs hate that fact.
It depends upon the context. And in the verses from Matthew and Mark, where Jesus' brothers and sisters are mentioned, it is obviously meant to be taken to mean real, blood brothers and sisters. Or does "sister" mean "cousin" as well???

Honestly, the hoops Catholics must jump through, in order to keep believing that their pure, near-goddess Mary was "undefiled" by anything as earthy as a normal, natural, God-ordained, sexual relationship with her loving and lawful husband, Joseph.

Funny, how many mothers in heaven do I have? God's inspired written word mentions only one, and not a single verse for Mary:
Gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Hi! new here . Could that mean like mother land? I me that is really our home .

It was a women whom Satan tempted that led to the fall of mankind, so it was appropriate that it was through a women that God used to redeem mankind and destroy the works of Satan. God used the most humblest of creatures to defeat the most proud.

God has given us Mary as our mother, and he has placed Mary in a position to help us in our battle against the spiritual forces of darkness. Thank God for giving us Mary as our mother.
Who Saved Mary?

Your first paragraph was okay until you got to the part that says God used Mary to defeat Satan. He did no such thing. Jesus Christ defeated Satan, not Mary.

Your second paragraph is nothing but Catholic myths. It is God Himself Who is a very present help in time of trouble.
So are you trying to help?

Back