Mother Mary

4Him stated that y’all believe everything THE SCRIPTURES teach about Mary.

To which I asked -what prompted- Elizabeth to prophesy and John the Baptist to leap in utero.

THE SCRIPTURES plainly state the sound of Mary’s greeting prompted the chain of events that followed.
The only thing that happened was that john leapt for joy in elizabeth's womb. The promise of the coming Savior had finally arrived.

4Him stated that y’all believe everything THE SCRIPTURES teach about Mary.

To which I asked -what prompted- Elizabeth to prophesy and John the Baptist to leap in utero.

THE SCRIPTURES plainly state the sound of Mary’s greeting prompted the chain of events that followed.

Uh, everything that happened was via the Holy Spirit. Liz kinda had to see or hear Mary to know she was there. In your desperation, you made a huge leap and fell flat on you face with this one.

But Luke recorded the Bereans doing so, to see if what Paul had taught them was true. So should we all, to test any doctrine that is taught in church.
We have that ability now to test all doctrines with scripture. That is how I ended up returning back to the CC.

The Holy Spirit is many things to real believers, he is our helper and comforter:

John 14:26

But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

Rom 8:26

Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.

John 15:26

"But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me.

Just a few of the verses on how the HS is our helper and comforter, there are so many verses. Where are these type of verses about Mary? Where is Mary given titles in the scriptures? This problem is easily solved which apostle prayed to Mary after she died and what was the prayer? It is a simple way to solve the problem. Just name one apostle who did it. I mean RCs like to brag about the RCC being apostolic.
The CC has been given authority by Jesus to decide on issues concerning the Christian faith.

The Holy Spirit will guide us in all truth of what is truth! But He will NOT make up myths fabricated by some silly, senile old man wearing a fish hat. Paul was very clear when he said, "....do no go beyond that which is written".
Jesus established the office of Prime Minister for his kingdom. That office has the authority.

those who do want to know what scripture teaches WILL search scripture.

those who do not want to know what scripture teaches WILL NOT search scripture.
Absolutely! I agree!
All truth sets itself against error.
Where Scripture speaks;
It alone speaks with authority.
It alone speaks definitively.
It alone speaks decisively.
It alone calls for absolute conviction.

Regarding Holy Scripture, James 4:7 notably records:
"It demands that we submit to God and resist the devil."

Absolutely! I agree!
All truth sets itself against error.
Where Scripture speaks;
It alone speaks with authority.
It alone speaks definitively.
It alone speaks decisively.
It alone calls for absolute conviction.

Regarding Holy Scripture, James 4:7 notably records:
"It demands that we submit to God and resist the devil."
It does not demand that we submit to the RCC at all, that would be following the devil.

Bonnie said:
But Luke recorded the Bereans doing so, to see if what Paul had taught them was true. So should we all, to test any doctrine that is taught in church.
dingoling - We have that ability now to test all doctrines with scripture. That is how I ended up returning back to the CC.
how can you test rcc doctrine with scripture when you don't understand what scripture is actually saying? your posts expose that you don't understand very basic and very important scriptures.

You have failed to prove that claim. The claim is bogus and it was invented by your institution to control the masses. Jesus would not give His authority to any evil men and your leaders have been known throughout the centuries for their sin.
But isn't that what you are trying to do - "control the masses"?

You have failed to prove that claim. The claim is bogus and it was invented by your institution to control the masses. Jesus would not give His authority to any evil men and your leaders have been known throughout the centuries for their sin.
If dingoling really knew what the Scriptures said, he/she would be aware that they urge us to discern between the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

"But we belong to God, and a man who knows God listens to us, while he who does not belong to God refuses us a hearing. That is how we distinguish the Spirit of Truth from the spirit of error." (1 John 4:6)

Back