My Genesis Challenge

Since you like Genesis 2 so much, I'll give you something deep there.

Here's a verse that, at first glance, seems to be out of place ...

Genesis 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

But if you look up bdellium, you'll see it's instrumental in making myrrh.

Gold ... myrrh ... sound familiar?

Neat, isn't it?
Yes... very tidy. The earmarks of fiction.

I detect a lot of animosity and ridicule towards human rationality in some posters in this thread... and we at least both agree that human rationality exists.

No, but I'm somewhat familiar with Talmudic readings, which seem to draw on similar assumptions and have similar results. And I'd say of them what I said already: you can never hope to prove that such counter-intuitive readings are wrong or impossible, but A) you can do the same thing to "show" the infallibility of any text you like (the ancient Greeks actually did this with Homer), and B) once you're on that path, the text itself is no longer an authoritative guide to anything, since it can be made to say virtually anything.

Like a lie? or a product of two different authors?
If anybody is trying to find at all costs that something in a text is a lie or inconsistent, then of course they'll find it. But that's not a reasonable way of approaching a text.

And if anybody is trying to find at all costs that everything in a text is consistent truth, then of course they'll find that. But that's not a reasonable way of approaching a text either.

I've seen far more cases of the latter than the former.

Since you like Genesis 2 so much, I'll give you something deep there.

Here's a verse that, at first glance, seems to be out of place ...

Genesis 2:12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

But if you look up bdellium, you'll see it's instrumental in making myrrh.

Gold ... myrrh ... sound familiar?

Neat, isn't it?
Umm...no. Bdellium is a gum-resin, similar to myrrh, but weaker. It is not myrrh.

And where's the frankincense?

So no, not 'neat' at all.

So God screwed up the first time around?
No.

I used the word 'Recreate' because Christians have a tendency to get very triggered over the word 'Reincarnation'.

Christians have no idea in the world what they are reading because they are told Reincarnation is not biblical, hence the non-stop idiocy we've seen for thousands of years now regarding the topic of Adam and Eve as well as Hell and the Lake of Fire. This thread is a prime example.

The Creation Account is a story of Reincarnation first and foremost. That is literally the main theme and teaching. In fact, Reincarnation is woven all throughout the Bible.

The First Adam and his Wife Ishshah were Reincarnated into the Second Adam and Eve. They were given new bodies. Even the Serpent was Reincarnated! He was changed into a creature that crawls on its belly. Technically, that is Reincarnation.

The Cherubim and Flaming Sword are a Prophecy of the Lake of Fire. Adam and his Wife 'passed through the fire'. Some of you Esoteric folks should understand what that means.

I have been challenging folks for years to prove Reincarnation is not Biblical. They have not even come close.

OP is too busy trolling and derailing his own thread to care about learning anything that would help answer his questions. Even something handed to him on a Silver Platter no less. That is typical and expected though. Narrow is the Gate.

It's obviously 2 authors and full of glaring errors of human myth and contradiction. Not divinely inspired in the least. A hot-mess actually.
same author, Moses, who was in chapter 1 looking at Universe creation, and in Chapter 2 focusing upon mankind!

Arrogant. You can only detect ridicule towards God in this thread with the assumption that your beliefs are true. We assume it to be nonsense, so you are detecting ridicule only towards your beliefs in nonsense.

How about this one: I detect a lot of animosity and ridicule towards human rationality in some posters in this thread.
Jesus is God, and he confirmed the truth of genesis to us!

"Narrow is the way... but I'm going through!"

- more than one billion people.

God has the final say.

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The irony that this is said by a great many people - that all think they're going through it - never fails to amuse me.
Indeed the average Christian could not care less about billions of people 'burning and screaming for infinity'. Their Pride prevents them from actually considering that they themselves may end up becoming one of those poor unfortunate Souls.

Fortunately for everyone however, the Lake of Fire is simply a Portal to Reincarnation. That is how we got here. Hell is merely a parable for the Womb...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

And there we have it. Hidden in plain sight for thousands of years. The 'Lowest Parts of the Earth' (i.e. 'Hell') is where babies come from.

Another name for the Lake of Fire is Tophet. Who or what is Tophet? She is the Goddess of the Eternal Flame. She is Hestia, the sister of Hades. Her Roman equivalent is Vesta. Why is this important?

Tophet... aka... Vesta was forbidden to be drawn. Why? Because her image is considered too 'naughty'. What does Vesta look like?

Vesta's image is that of a Flaming Phallus impregnating a Womb. <-- THAT is what Tophet, the Lake of Fire is!

The Church hides this fact from everyone in order to keep the lie of 'Perpetual Torments' going. The cycle of Reincarnation is the 'Broad Way'. Most of us have been there, done that.

Personally, I wish to escape this Eternal Punishment/Correctional Facility.

Anyhow, for those interested in learning how to reconcile the OP's challenge, they may fast forward to 1:05:37 of this video for a very detailed explanation...

i am not familiar with that. heard of it over the years… that’s all.

D&D was a big thing on college campuses, and was the focal point of suicides at one time until ... as one would expect ... the American Association of Suicidology and other organizations concluded that "there is no causal link between fantasy gaming and suicide."

If something is wrong or evil, just call the Science Squad, and they'll justify it for you.

Jesus is God, and he confirmed the truth of genesis to us!
He confirmed nothing to you. You have only an internalized faith of the veracity of Jesus, God and Genesis - like Wilson in Castaway. External evidence that we all experience together says God and Genesis is pagan Hebrew mythology that unfolded into the Christian mythology of a Hellenized Jesus.

Back