Our negative atheist strikes out again in a heavenly way

stiggy wiggy

Since I doubt that many of y'all were able to make it through his long-winded boring screed about heaven, let me summarize:

"Since heaven is supposed to last forever which is a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time, and since ultimately the number of things to experience will run out and therefore require repetition, and since people tend to get bored experiencing the same thing, therefore heaven cannot be a place of bliss, so therefore heaven does not exist."

Now never mind for the moment the fact that he perceives heaven quantitatively in terms of duration, as opposed to qualitatively in terms of a glory which transcends time, since that would be a purely philosophical subject more fit for another thread. Let me instead refute his central premise with two personal examples:

I love to play tennis. The more I play, the more I love the game. I cannot imagine ever getting bored with tennis.

I also love the taste of chicken livers.The absence of them for any extended time makes me crave them even more.

Whatever experiences heaven may offer, there will be an eternity of time for absences in between. And absence makes the soul grow fonder.

Perhaps our negative atheist was projecting the boredom of his own repetitive posts onto potential heavenly experiences.

Last edited:
Since I doubt that many of y'all were able to make it through his long-winded boring screed about heaven, let me summarize:

"Since heaven is supposed to last forever which is a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long time, and since ultimately the number of things to experience will run out and therefore require repetition, and since people tend to get bored experiencing the same thing, therefore heaven cannot be a place of bliss, so therefore heaven does not exist."

Now never mind for the moment the fact that he perceives heaven quantitatively in terms of duration, as opposed to qualitatively in terms of a glory which transcends time, since that would be a purely philosophical subject more fit for another thread. Let me instead refute his central premise with two personal examples:

I love to play tennis. The more I play, the more I love the game. I cannot imagine ever getting bored with tennis.

I also love the taste of chicken livers.The absence of them for any extended time makes me crave them even more.

Whatever experiences heaven may offer, there will be an eternity of time for absences in between. And absence makes the soul grow fonder.

Perhaps our negative atheist was projecting the boredom of his own repetitive posts onto potential heavenly experiences.
Excellent points.

We can add this:

If we define time as the measurement of the distance between objects
we need NOT assume that there will ever come a time when one could
arrive at the last object in the universe. That is to say that we do NOT
know that creating new objects (like for example planets) will not continue
on for eternity.

How many miles across is the now known universe? Nobody but God
actually knows, but the web says its "540 sextillion miles across for the
now observable universe, that's 54 followed by 22 zeros."

Lets speculate:

It is possible, later on in Heaven, that we, as eternity rolls on, are taught
how to create planets to serve as homes for new species created by God,
so that the universe will end up being in miles across 999 trillion to the
power of 999 trillion -- just for starters.

In other words our "atheist" does not know and cannot know that creation
will end.

So?

So NOT boring and NOT repetitious.

By the way, there is no such thing as an atheist -- all men know there is a God
that created them -- that's one reason why we have "atheists" here at CARM
that have spent DECADES talking about the God that does not exist and will
CONTINUE to talk about Him. Why? Because God has written Himself on their
minds and hearts and they can't get God off their minds . . .

They literally HAVE GOD ON THE BRAIN.

JAG

[]

Last edited:

Looks like that thread was removed.

One of the things I thought was funny is that he accused somebody of assuming Heaven was just a nicer Earth, while repeatedly basing his argument on the premise that Heaven is essentially just Earth, but for a longer period of time.

He kept bringing up skiing and cheeseburgers, as if skiing and cheeseburgers will be the only activities in Heaven.

He seems to have a silly idea of what Heaven is.

Amen

Back