Protecting the Church

RayneBeau

How does a Church, claiming itself to be "Christian" go about protecting it's financial and political power?

How does a Church, claiming itself to be "Christian" go about protecting it's financial and political power?
Can you elaborate on the question a little? Do you mean, in what ways does the Church do this or why does the Church do this (or both)?

Can you elaborate on the question a little? Do you mean, in what ways does the Church do this or why does the Church do this (or both)?
Please try to read carefully. My question didn't ask "in what way" nor did it ask "why does the church." Those are your queries. Nor did my question ask about "the Church" as you insist, the question asked is regarding "a Church."

Please try to read carefully. My question didn't ask "in what way" nor did it ask "why does the church." Those are your queries. Nor did my question ask about "the Church" as you insist, the question asked is regarding "a Church."
I'm still not entirely sure what you are asking.

"How does a Church, claiming itself to be "Christian" go about protecting it's financial and political power?" Could mean "What methods can be used by a Church, claiming to be Christian, to go about protecting its financial and political power?" Or it could be accusatory and rhetorical, and mean: "How could a Church claiming to be Christian really go about protecting it's financial and political power? (Suggesting that a Christian Church would not)"

I'll take you mean the second. Firstly, I don't see why a Church that is Christian shouldn't try to protect its financial and political power, if it feels it can do good in the world and further God's mission and kingdom by doing so. The alternative would be for Christian Churches to have no political or monetary power, in which case, they would be able to do little or nothing in the world. However, secondly, I think they are moral means of doing so, and when a Church engages in immoral means to protect its financial and political power, then it - or, more precisely, those doing this - are likely sinning.

What's with the scare quotes?

How does a Telmarker, claiming himself to be a "skier" go about protecting his reputation and arrogance?

I think it is clear. It shouldn't be protecting itself. The protector is

2 Thess 3:3

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
What's with the scare quotes?

How does a Telmarker, claiming himself to be a "skier" go about protecting his reputation and arrogance?

Are you a catholic or a non catholic? As you told me non RCs are to discuss with each other.

Back