? Questions about the Bible...

why worry about a tract on authority then?
As long as the authority is directed to whom it belongs which is God no problem.I don’t worry about Christian’s glorifying and praising God, but when authority is given to Mary, a pope, and a priesthood that glorifies idolatry I speak against it and try to direct those deceived folks to seek God. Stop ! Your tract on authority referred to one faith and one Church with capital C. You’re den of iniquity is not the church. The church is made up of those in Christ and their authority is God.

I would love to see a tract about 'Authority in the Church'.... one church, one faith

Eph 3:10, Heb 13:17, James 3:1, Lk 10:16, 1 Tim 5:17, Heb 13:7-9, 1 Tim 3:15, Mt 28:19-20
Oh, you mean the Authority the Church has over our lives? I suspect mine would be a little different than yours, but I would speak of Under-Shepherds like Elders, Deacons, etc. Feel free to write a Gospel Tract...

Last edited:
The gospel is the message of the church ,and the gospel is about Christ. The church is the result of the gospel message.The central message of the gospel( good news ) has been hijacked by some to become a message of themselves and not about Jesus IMO. Note: ReverendRV I will remove this post if asked but advertising for a particular denomination that encourages idolatry is off message of this thread.
I agree. Don't worry about the Post, I wouldn't report anything unless things got ugly. I can post my Gospel Tract about the Gospel according to Baptists, Lutherans and Catholics if you would like...

I reported one Post because it seemed like it was against Evangelism, and the Moderators must have agreed; because it was removed quickly...

Last edited:
So does that mean you are co-writing the tract with ReverendRV? You seem to have a lot of rules about a simple request [which was part of the OP]

Excellent! Thanks for the support
Enough games. Your post #31: I think 'authority' would be an interesting tract to trace from Christ through His Church....including the 'laying on of hands'. Christians do NOT place themselves under the authority of men who make unscriptural claims that they are Jesus on earth. Your laying of hands mentioned in your post was of course a veiled mention of your pope. You have heard of the great western schism when your church had not one not two but three popes all with their own college of cardinals and authority to be popes all at the same time right ?

@civic No PSA in this one ;)

Grafting ~ by Reverend RV

Romans 11:24 KJV; For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

I was having a discussion with a group about how Roman Catholics and Evangelicals present the Gospel of Jesus Christ; what’s the difference? One Catholic offered the conclusion of the Council of Orange from A.D. 529 as their view of the Gospel. Since I don’t have the space to reproduce it here, it was similar to the Good News of the Evangelical Gospel. I responded by saying that the Protestants agree with much of what the Councils of the early Church stated; but the differences come up because of the later Councils. A Lutheran spoke up and said that if this is the Roman Catholic Gospel, then they owe an apology to the Reformer Martin Luther for Excommunicating him for believing the Gospel that the Church used to profess. ~ This gave me cause to think of our topic verse. It is a symbol of the difference between the people of God, the Jews; and the people of God, the Church. The Horticultural practice of grafting in branches from one tree into another tree is used as a symbol of Gods ‘Favor’ for his people over time. First it was Israel and when they Fell, God favored the Gentiles. ~ But you ask, “What does this have to do with now?”

Something similar has happened in modern times. The early Church had the Gospel but there came a time another branch was grafted into it by the Religion of men. These Horticulturalists trained the Gospel tree’s shape by twisting it in such a way that this added branch now seemed to be the tree’s trunk, and the true trunk appeared to be the spurious branch. You ask, “Why is this new branch a problem?” Because the branch they added is from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil; and the tree that it was added to is the Tree of Life! The Bible teaches us these two trees were in the Garden of Eden, and that the Tree Adam and Eve ate from first would control their destiny. The Tree of Knowledge bore fruit that killed them when they ate it; this Tree is symbolic of the Ten Commandments. God intended the Ten Commandments to be used to show people they are Sinners; have you ever Trespassed and picked an apple from someone else’s tree? That’s Stealing, and God punishes Sinners by sending them to a Devil’s Hell. ~ World Religions like Judaism and Catholicism, and Cults like Mormonism and Jehovah’s Witnesses Graft this poisonous branch into the Gospel by saying we are Saved by our good Works. But the Bible says that if we want to be Saved by Works, then Grace is no longer Grace. The remaining good branches of this religious tree stop bearing the fruit of Life; because that good tree is now made bad. ~ Prune things you think you can do to earn your way to Heaven, and make the tree Good…

The Bible says there is coming a day when Israel will be grafted back into the good Olive Tree, but room for them will need to be made by cutting off the Gentiles; your time is ticking. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is a Tree of Life; here is its fruit! God sent his Unique Son to be born of a Virgin, so that he could be the Sinless sacrifice that Atones for our Iniquity. He shed his blood on the Cross for the Remission of Sin, was buried, but conquered death by rising from the grave! By Grace are ye Saved, through Faith in Jesus as your Lord God and Savior; this is not by Works so that no one can boast in themselves. If you can boast, then your tree does indeed have a branch from the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Its fruit is meant to show you naked before God; be ashamed. Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God and be clothed in his Righteousness…

Matthew 12:33 NIV; "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit.

Last edited:
Enough games.
then stop playing them [games] and trying to anticipate everyone's thoughts
Your post #31: I think 'authority' would be an interesting tract to trace from Christ through His Church....including the 'laying on of hands'.
Is this your thread? nothing to see here.... move along
Your laying of hands mentioned in your post was of course a veiled
'Laying on of hands' is biblical....

Acts 6:5-6 The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and LAID HANDS ON THEM.

Acts 13:1-3 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they LAID HANDS ON THEM and sent them off.

1 Tim 5:22 Do not LAY HANDS too readily on anyone, and do not share in another’s sins. Keep yourself pure.

1 Tim 4:14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was CONFERRED on you through the prophetic word with the IMPOSITION OF HANDS of the PRESBYTERATE.

2 Tim 1:6 For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF MY HANDS.

Acts 6:5-6 The proposal was acceptable to the whole community, so they chose Stephen, a man filled with faith and the holy Spirit, also Philip, Prochorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicholas of Antioch, a convert to Judaism. They presented these men to the apostles who prayed and LAID HANDS ON THEM.

Acts 13:1-3 Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers: Barnabas, Symeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen who was a close friend of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then, completing their fasting and prayer, they LAID HANDS ON THEM and sent them off.

1 Tim 5:22 Do not LAY HANDS too readily on anyone, and do not share in another’s sins. Keep yourself pure.

1 Tim 4:14 Do not neglect the gift you have, which was CONFERRED on you through the prophetic word with the IMPOSITION OF HANDS of the PRESBYTERATE.

2 Tim 1:6 For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF MY HANDS.
Of course not ONE word about the great western schism when your group had 3 legal popes all at the same time. Your claim to apostolic succession is as bogus as your groups worship of Mary, purgatory,bowing to idols, praying to the dead etc. etc.

I have things in some of my Gospel Tracts that could cause people to start a debate; IE I have a few where the first paragraph is about Calvinism. But for the most part, the second and third paragraphs are about Condemnation from the Law and Forgiveness through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Often I conclude my Gospel Tracts by advising people to find a good Church; I usually don't suggest a Denomination to them, and leave it up to the Lord...

This is an example of what I meant in my OP when I said we shouldn't disagree with what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is; everyone of us believes it...

I was having a discussion with a group about how Roman Catholics and Evangelicals present the Gospel of Jesus Christ; what’s the difference? One Catholic offered the conclusion of the Council of Orange from A.D. 529 as their view of the Gospel. Since I don’t have the space to reproduce it here, it was similar to the Good News of the Evangelical Gospel. I responded by saying that the Protestants agree with much of what the Councils of the early Church stated; but the differences come up because of the later Councils. A Lutheran spoke up and said that if this is the Roman Catholic Gospel, then they owe an apology to the Reformer Martin Luther for Excommunicating him for believing the Gospel that the Church used to profess.
That being said, I do answer questions about many topics in my Gospel Tracts...

The Power and Authority of The Church (The Body of Christ)​

For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.
ACTS 4:20

The Bible tells us the book of acts that the Jewish leaders simply didn’t know what to do with Peter, John, and the other disciples. These apostles, who had recently been cowardly and craven, were now as bold as lions. They had been given the power and authority of the newly forming Church. They were enflamed by the resurrection of Jesus and filled with the Holy Spirit. Fleeing was no longer an option. When the council commanded them to cease their teaching, Peter replied, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you more than to God, you judge. For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard” (Acts 4:19–20).

Many forces are trying to silence the body of Christ in the world today. Though two thousand years have passed, the age long opposition to the Gospel still exists. In some lands, it takes the form of overt persecution. In others, secular forces seek to intimidate believers into silence.

But the Word of God cannot be silenced. The followers of Christ will always find a way to proclaim the Good News with power an authority. We do not retreat and flee, but stand firm as soldiers ready for battle. The Gospel is unstoppable in this world. “Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong” (1 Corinthians 16:13)

Back