Questions, Questions, Questions?

If God wants man's will to decide .... why does he allow life's events to influence our decisionns? Is choice a lottery?

Someone please answer this. It is a sincere question.

Is this true:
John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

If God wants man's will to decide .... why does he allow life's events to influence our decisionns? Is choice a lottery?
Unless we are brain dead, we base our decisions on the influences we encounter.
Yes, we base our decisions on the influences; that is is purpose of scripture.
Scripture reproves, rebukes, searches the intention of our hearts; then we make a choice.

I didn't start this thread to convince anyone of anything. I just can't wrap my head around God leaving the choice to humans who aren't one hundredth as smart as God is.

Yes, we base our decisions on the influences; that is is purpose of scripture.
Scripture reproves, rebukes, searches the intention of our hearts; then we make a choice.
You and I both know that scripture doesn't influence all people and many homes are without Bibles, and some people read a couple of verses and come away with no faith. I was and am the only one of six children who has had and has faith in Christ and the Bible.

I didn't start this thread to convince anyone of anything. I just can't wrap my head around God leaving the choice to humans who aren't one hundredth as smart as God is.
Because we are not robots whi have been programmed and Gods gives man a free will to choose to love Him or not love Him . He forces no one to believe in Him . Love by definition does not use coercion, it cannot be predetermined, cannot be manipulated, God is love as a free agent . And man is created in His image to live freely . Jesus said we must love our enemies. God is His grace has freely enabled us to love others as He commands . To love Him , our neighbor and our enemies. We love because He first loved us . So to love God freely is to be like Him .

hope this helps !!!

There isn't one thing that happens outside of God's will.
answers answers answers

Sin, evil and temptation is not Gods will read James

James 1:13
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

James 1:14
But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed.

hope this helps !!!

Because we are not robots whi have been programmed and Gods gives man a free will to choose to love Him or not love Him . He forces no one to believe in Him . Love by definition does not use coercion, it cannot be predetermined, cannot be manipulated, God is love as a free agent . And man is created in His image to live freely . Jesus said we must love our enemies. God is His grace has freely enabled us to love others as He commands . To love Him , our neighbor and our enemies. We love because He first loved us . So to love God freely is to be like Him .

hope this helps !!!
Free will hasn't saved my parents or siblings. Is your God omnipotent and omniscient?

You and I both know that scripture doesn't influence all people and many homes are without Bibles, and some people read a couple of verses and come away with no faith. I was and am the only one of six children who has had and has faith in Christ and the Bible.
Faith comes by hearing the word of God. Scripture broke my spirit and revealed God's judgment; I then had to make a choice: believe and cry out for mercy, or hold the truth in unrighteousness.

Someone please answer this. It is a sincere question.
God sent His Son Jesus Christ to influence us, through the Cross, towards submitting our lives, hearts, wills, minds to God. Of course we all have many differing life events that strongly influence us but in the end it is the relationships we have with people and our relationship with God that will count the most.

answers answers answers

Sin, evil and temptation is not Gods will read James

James 1:13
When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;

James 1:14
But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed.

hope this helps !!!
James 1 does not change what I've said. I believe God does not tempt. He uses Satan to accomplish His purpose.

hope this helps !!!
You're right, we are not robots but clay, vessels prepared for mercy or destruction.

Back