Russian strikes land in Poland

So now what?

Is NATO at war with Russia?

Are you happy now?
Another escalation? So now it is NATO? Anybody not see that coming? Now what will Biden do? At least it was after the elections. Article five activation? Perhaps Joe will challenge Putin to a push up contest in lieu of nuclear war.

Last edited:
So now what?
First the "unconfirmed" reports will need to be confirmed. Then, if confirmed, Poland will complain, strongly, and probably ask the Russians for compensation for the damage and, apparently, deaths.

After that we will have to see how the Russians react.

The Poles could potentially seize any Russian property in Poland, expel diplomats and similar.

First the "unconfirmed" reports will need to be confirmed. Then, if confirmed, Poland will complain, strongly, and probably ask the Russians for compensation for the damage and, apparently, deaths.

The Poles could potentially seize any Russian property in Poland, expel diplomats and similar.
There will probably be an increase in air defence capability given to Ukraine and longer range missiles capable of reaching the launch sites in Crimea. I would also expect an increase in diplomatic pressure, particularly against those countries which are not on board with sanctions.

Another escalation? So now it is NATO? Anybody not see that coming? Now what will Biden do? At least it was after the elections. Article five activation? Perhaps Joe will challenge Putin to a push up contest in lieu of nuclear war.

So when Joe loses does that mean he has to fork over his key to the executive washroom in the White House? Apparently this is already an article 4 event. And you absolutely hit the nail on the head. This is exactly the kind of eventuality that we have been talking about since the beginning of the year.

First the "unconfirmed" reports will need to be confirmed.
The president of Poland has confirmed the reports ... check.
Then, if confirmed, Poland will complain, strongly, and probably ask the Russians for compensation for the damage and, apparently, deaths.
The president of Poland picked up the phone and called the President of the United States. Was there any doubt that that was what was going to happen?
You are avoiding the real question.
They appear to have declared an article 4 event, which leaves very little space between war with NATO and events that I've already taken place.

This attitude that the risk of nuclear war, whatever those odds may be, is "no big deal" is cavalier to the point of insanity.

The president of Poland has confirmed the reports ... check.
He has confirmed that something happened. We do not even know yet whether it was a Russian missile or a Ukrainian missile; both sides use some of the same missiles.

Given the target area, I suspect that the missile was damaged, off course or both. There are more significant targets in Poland for the Russians to aim at if the attack was deliberate. The supply lines used to ship arms into Ukraine for example.

The president of Poland picked up the phone and called the President of the United States. Was there any doubt that that was what was going to happen?
No doubt; Poland has notified NATO and a lot of NATO countries are involved.

They appear to have declared an article 4 event, which leaves very little space between war with NATO and events that I've already taken place.
War? I doubt it. This has the look of an accident. There will be a lot of sabre-rattling and some increase in anti-missile support for Ukraine. Some more sanctions may well be imposed on Russia. All that assumes that it was a Russian missile rather than a Ukrainian missile.

He has confirmed that something happened.
He confirmed they were hit by Russian missiles and two citizens were killed.
We do not even know yet whether it was a Russian missile or a Ukrainian missile; both sides use some of the same missiles.
You are choosing to not know that. You can't project your deliberately adopted confusion onto the president of Poland, because he's not confused about the matter.
Given the target area, I suspect that the missile was damaged, off course or both.
Is that your judgment as a subject matter expert from Raytheon?
There are more significant targets in Poland for the Russians to aim at if the attack was deliberate.
You're welcome to claim you know what the Russians motivation or objective was, but any rational person with an ounce of sense would reject your speculation.
No doubt; Poland has notified NATO and a lot of NATO countries are involved.
Your obfuscating the fact that the president of Poland picked up the phone and called the president of the United States.
War? I doubt it.
You're in some kind of oddball denial, because there's already a war.
This has the look of an accident.
Plausible deniability hasta be calculated in when justifying the unjustifiable.
There will be a lot of sabre-rattling and some increase in anti-missile support for Ukraine. Some more sanctions may well be imposed on Russia.
Oh I have no doubt as to Biden's ability to fecklessly bumble his way forward until this is impossible to manage.
All that assumes that it was a Russian missile rather than a Ukrainian missile.
You can substitute your speculations for the facts as we know them absolutely without limit. I'm telling you what the president of Poland and the President of the United States had a discussion about, and it wasn't about a Ukrainian missile hitting Poland. If that were the case this would not be an article 4 NATO event, which is exactly what the president of Poland said it was.

So now what?

Is NATO at war with Russia?

Are you happy now?

Russia is exercising plausible deniability since their intended target was in Ukraine - so they say.

They understand that we are ready.

800px-Globeanchor.svg.png

___

Russia is exercising plausible deniability since their intended target was in Ukraine - so they say.

They understand that we are ready.

800px-Globeanchor.svg.png

___
You make a good point. This will be used by the United States as a pretext to put NATO forces in Ukraine as "liberators." That's not a good thing.

Given that it wants to be a part of NATO, that'd probably be the best strategic move to make.
So if they shouldn't become members of NATO because they lack candor in things that may lead to a declaration of article 5 why in the heck are we sending them all of this material to prolong the death and destruction in their country?

Back