Scripture as the Definitive Guide

I clarified throughout this entire exchange. Go back and read it. That you think there was no clarification shows you definitely weren’t paying attention to what was posted.
You never recanted or acknowledged that your original statement was inaccurate. Will you at least own up to that?

No, he's literally telling us to imitate him, and imitate his behavior in how he imitates Christ. And that is exactly what Catholics do when we imitate and emulate the saints. We follow their example of what it means practically to imitate Christ

No matter how you word your explanations, RC's are not imitating Paul at all. Because Paul did NEVER prayed to dead prophets, or instructed people to do so, and he flat out discouraged any form of venerating of himself by anyone else. Just as YOU were previously told by other posters, Christ is our example of godly living.

Acts 14:8-15
In Lystra a man was sitting whose feet were incapacitated. He had been disabled from his mother’s womb, and had never walked. This man was listening to Paul as he spoke. Paul looked at him intently and saw that he had faith to be made well, and he said with a loud voice, “Stand upright on your feet!” And the man leaped up and began to walk.

When the crowds saw what Paul had done, they raised their voice, saying in the Lycaonian language, “The gods have become like men and have come down to us!” And they began calling Barnabas, Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, since he was the chief speaker. Moreover, the priest of Zeus, whose temple was just outside the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates, and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.

But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard about it, they tore their robes and rushed out into the crowd, crying out and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We are also men, of the same nature as you, preaching the gospel to you,
to turn from these useless things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and everything that is in them.

No matter how you word your explanations, RC's are not imitating Paul at all. Because Paul did NEVER prayed to dead prophets, or instructed people to do so, and he flat out discouraged any form of venerating of himself by anyone else. Just as YOU were previously told by other posters, Christ is our example of godly living.

Paul did many things that we DO imitate. I'm sure you don't do EVERYTHING that Paul did either.

Name them. Talk is cheap and it is meaningless without evidence.
Doesn't matter, I wasn't speaking to specific things. But you could include prayer, sharing his love of Christ, testifying to the Gospel, encouraging his fellow believers, praying for others. Many things he spoke of in his epistles.

Doesn't matter, I wasn't speaking to specific things. But you could include prayer, sharing his love of Christ, testifying to the Gospel, encouraging his fellow believers, praying for others. Many things he spoke of in his epistles.

Paul only prayed to God. No one else. Paul didn't just speak of loving Christ. He preached Christ crucified and complete confidence in Christ's ability to completely save us. Christ does NOT need our help in saving ourselves. Paul encouraged believers to continue in trusting in Christ alone for their salvation and eternal life.

You posted a response, but your institution does NOT encourage people to put complete faith, trust and confidence in Christ alone for salvation and eternal life as Paul preached. Instead your institution wants you to go through it, putting your faith in something other than in Christ. Your institution over time has left its first love, in order to embrace many other practices that Sacred Scripture speaks against.

Paul only prayed to God. No one else. Paul didn't just speak of loving Christ. He preached Christ crucified and complete confidence in Christ's ability to completely save us. Christ does NOT need our help in saving ourselves. Paul encouraged believers to continue in trusting in Christ alone for their salvation and eternal life.

You posted a response, but your institution does NOT encourage people to put complete faith, trust and confidence in Christ alone for salvation and eternal life as Paul preached. Instead your institution wants you to go through it, putting your faith in something other than in Christ. Your institution over time has left its first love, in order to embrace many other practices that Sacred Scripture speaks against.
You asked what some things we imitated that Paul did. I answered. My answer was not meant to be a comprehensive list.

Oh sorry I didn't see that it was balshan who "requested" that I "name them". It's hard for me to keep track of who I'm talking to here when you all keep jumping in the conversation I'm having with another poster.

You asked what some things we imitated that Paul did. I answered. My answer was not meant to be a comprehensive list.

Oh sorry I didn't see that it was balshan who "requested" that I "name them". It's hard for me to keep track of who I'm talking to here when you all keep jumping in the conversation I'm having with another poster.
That's how it goes friend.

Then you are just making stuff up. Yep Paul never prayed to Mary, according to the RC lite there is no hell, so no need to share the gospel, he tested to the true gospel, not the false RC gospel, yep ignoring your fellow RC leaders sin is not helping them at all. Paul never ignored sin. Yep, he didn't pray for others by praying to the dead. Yep he spoke of many things and none of them back up your false church and its false teachings.

Back