Serious Questions Here

Yodas_Prodigy

I am sure once I launch these questions, the tribalism is going to start. Please take some time to think about your answer before you shoot an answer off half-cocked. Here goes. Scripture says we are saved by grace. How does grace save us? Is it really grace that does the work? Or is it just a decision by God that sets everything else into motion? If it is just a decision, what are the steps for our salvation to be completed?

... Or is it just a decision by God that sets everything else into motion?
God's decision.

If it is just a decision, what are the steps for our salvation to be completed?
God's decision is to save those who believe.
1Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Steps for our salvation: belief/faith.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I am sure once I launch these questions, the tribalism is going to start. Please take some time to think about your answer before you shoot an answer off half-cocked. Here goes. Scripture says we are saved by grace. How does grace save us? Is it really grace that does the work? Or is it just a decision by God that sets everything else into motion? If it is just a decision, what are the steps for our salvation to be completed?
How ' bout grace is the sovereign act of God in regenerating spiritual life where there was none previously?
I mean ...what can be more gracious than giving life?
How does that save us? The gracious act of regeneration makes us His children and has bestowed on us life everlasting!
When did God decide this? Before the foundation of the earth.
Once one is a child of God, the question is... .are you going to be an obedient child or a disobedient child.
Sadly, many choose disobedience.

Last edited:
How ' bout grace is the sovereign act of God in regenerating spiritual life where there was none previously?
I mean ...what can be more gracious than giving life?
How does that save us? The gracious act of regeneration makes us His children and has bestowed on us life everlasting!
Titus 3:5 (KJV 1900) — 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:5 (KJV 1900) — 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Two separate actions. The obedient children receive the promised indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Grace, salvation is extra nos! We don't earn it or do anything facilitate it's coming about. IOW: We cannot manufacture genuine faith in God. It's all God's doing.

Good point Yodas. Grace saves and faith is the mean whereby that saving is accomplished.

A single action, either one has the Spirit or one is not a child of God in the New covenant.
You apparently missed the conjunction "and" in the text. "Washing" and "renewing" is not the same action......correct?
Just curious what you think .....is being delivered from bondage , leaving Egypt, the same thing as entering into the promised land?
Follow up question....did all those who were freed from their bondage enter the promised land?
I will be shocked if you give me a yes or no to the last two questions, but we will see.

You need to start with the question.....what is the definition of grace?

You apparently missed the conjunction "and" in the text. "Washing" and "renewing" is not the same action......correct?
Just curious what you think .....is being delivered from bondage , leaving Egypt, the same thing as entering into the promised land?
Follow up question....did all those who were freed from their bondage enter the promised land?
I will be shocked if you give me a yes or no to the last two questions, but we will see.
It's all by the Spirit effected in regeneration.

It's all by the Spirit effected in regeneration.
I was correct....you would not give me a yes or no answer to my two simple questions. Why do you guys constantly evade even the simplest questions? So please go back to post#9 and answer my two very simple questions.

It is the evangelist preaching the Gospel of Christ that does the work of grace by the Spirit enabling men to believe. It's a simple process, not complex.

It is the evangelist preaching the Gospel of Christ that does the work of grace by the Spirit enabling men to believe. It's a simple process, not complex.
I would tweak this if I had this thought. I would lay out that work is indeed performed by hearer [reader] or even the proclaimer, but none of this saves by virtue of these workers nor is rightly understood as unmerited favor [grace]. God's message [within or about his word] in combination with the holy spirit converts men and Jesus alone is the Savior. Or another way to summarize would be, God and his word with conviction of the Holy Spirit saves, is more or less as I understand things.

Grace is Gods unmerited favor

In Arminianism and in Calvinism, it is widely accepted that the Grace of God is Efficacious; either through Regeneration or through Illumination. Grace is also Unmerited Favor. These two points are the Core meaning of God's Grace...

This doesn't have to be Tribalistic. Since this is the A and C Board, the Rule of the discussion is that the definition of Grace includes Efficacy...

It would be up to you to decide if you want to entertain a debate about Grace being something other than Effectual, and something other than Unmerited Favor...

I was correct....you would not give me a yes or no answer to my two simple questions. Why do you guys constantly evade even the simplest questions? So please go back to post#9 and answer my two very simple questions.
Better read again, you were given an answer.

Regeneration of the Spirit washes and renews.

Better read again, you were given an answer.

Regeneration of the Spirit washes and renews.
Let's try this again.
1. Was being delivered from bondage and leaving Egypt as free people the same as entering into the promised land?
2. Did all the free people who were delivered from bondage in Egypt enter into the promised land?
All I would like is a yes or no answer to these two simple questions.

Let's try this again.
1. Was being delivered from bondage and leaving Egypt as free people the same as entering into the promised land?
2. Did all the free people who were delivered from bondage in Egypt enter into the promised land?
All I would like is a yes or no answer to these two simple questions.
Unrelated to the question at hand

Unrelated to the question at hand
You just can't bring yourself to answer the questions. Why is that? Probably because you know or think they might be related.....and .....and you can't and won't tolerate your beloved man made dogma to be proven false.
So why don't you humor me....and us at Carm. .... answer the two very very simple questions that you think are "unrelated" and we'll see if they are related....ok?
1.was being delivered from bondage in Egypt and leaving Egypt as free people the same thing as actually entering the promised land?
2. Did all the newly freed people enter the promised land?
And all that is necessary is simple yes or no answers .

Back