Sharing for Jesus as John the Baptist Commanded

Unknown Soldier

In Matthew 3 we read:
9 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 So the people asked him, saying, “What shall we do then?”

11 He answered and said to them, “He who has two tunics, let him give to him who has none; and he who has food, let him do likewise.”
This passage came to my mind recently when I was talking to a neighbor of mine in the parking lot in front of the building we live in. His name is Patrick. Patrick is elderly and suffers from multiple health and fitness issues. He was upset about his car telling me that it needed some costly repairs that he could not afford. Without his car, he felt he would lose his freedom. I then asked him to accompany me into my apartment where I wrote a check to him for $1,000 to spend on his car. He was very gracious, but I explained to him that I have more money than I need. It is he who needed that $1,000, not I, and it makes no sense for me to have more money than I can use when it can help other people by giving it to them.

Unfortunately, almost all Christians as well as other people for that matter are selfish, callous, and often hypocritical. Whatever else I might say about the Gospel, I agree with John that if we wish to bear good fruit, then we should give what we have that we don't need to those who do need it. By doing so, we can alleviate much needless suffering in the world.

So how many of you obey the Gospel's injunction to share with the needy like I shared with Patrick? Note in the passage above from Matthew that if you don't want to be "cut down and thrown into the fire," then you must share.

In Matthew 3 we read:

This passage came to my mind recently when I was talking to a neighbor of mine in the parking lot in front of the building we live in. His name is Patrick. Patrick is elderly and suffers from multiple health and fitness issues. He was upset about his car telling me that it needed some costly repairs that he could not afford. Without his car, he felt he would lose his freedom. I then asked him to accompany me into my apartment where I wrote a check to him for $1,000 to spend on his car. He was very gracious, but I explained to him that I have more money than I need. It is he who needed that $1,000, not I, and it makes no sense for me to have more money than I can use when it can help other people by giving it to them.

Unfortunately, almost all Christians as well as other people for that matter are selfish, callous, and often hypocritical. Whatever else I might say about the Gospel, I agree with John that if we wish to bear good fruit, then we should give what we have that we don't need to those who do need it. By doing so, we can alleviate much needless suffering in the world.

So how many of you obey the Gospel's injunction to share with the needy like I shared with Patrick? Note in the passage above from Matthew that if you don't want to be "cut down and thrown into the fire," then you must share.
OK. We have no avowed compliance with a Biblical commandment except for my own compliance. Despite all the angry accusations that I'm not a "true" Christian, I have shown my obedience. Jesus wants it that way. I understand that he despises hypocrites.

In Matthew 3 we read:

This is the way of Love who God is. I have given away at least half dozen cars to people in need, not to look holy toward man or God but simply because I loved them enough to do something about it and can. I volunteered to go into prisons for over 25 fo no other motivation than to see if I could help one in need. Street people the same, Hospitals the same, assisted living homes.

I have more than I need, it may not be in terms of wealth but in terms of Love that God is. Thank you for that testimony, it speaks volumes of ones heart.

What is sad is when we do these things out of noting more that copmpassion for one in need, and then one comes up and says I need to get saved and Im of the devil and not of the Lord, makes it clear who their god really is..

I was assigned by Valero to schedule a turnaround for a unit in Three Rivers Texas. On a Saturday I went to visit Corpus Christy And on Sunday I headed back. A few miles out from Corpus I saw a man laying on a picnic table asleep and assumed he was hitch hiking. He was well dressed, new cowboy boots and hat, clean shaven. I stopped and asked if he needed a ride. He said no I just need to sleep so I went on. The next morning I ate breakfast at this little family restaurant. I was eating my mean and that guy who was on the picnic table came in the door and said to the woman at the register if they had something he could eat fo rh hadn't had anything in a couple of days.

She went irate and yelled at him and said go to the court house, sometimes they feed people like you. She was wearing a T shirt with Jesus hanging on a cross that said Jesus saves. He sat down and had a glass of water. When I left I handed twenty five dollars to that woman and said give him anything he wants with this $25 and if there is any left give it him, and said, kindness make me feel so much better that your reactions to that man and pointed to her T Shirt. She didnt say anything just a blank look on her face and I left.

And in that it was very clear that It wasn't about the needs of man hitchhiking, it was about the needs of her Christian attitude, and that same attitude runs amuck. What has one done to example the ways of Gods anointing other then to try and force their will over onto others?

OK. We have no avowed compliance with a Biblical commandment except for my own compliance. Despite all the angry accusations that I'm not a "true" Christian, I have shown my obedience. Jesus wants it that way. I understand that he despises hypocrites.
So true, when one is actually of God as Jesus was of God, it seems to automatically bring out the negative in religious minds who only has a belief about a god they can control with no intention for being like Him and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus became. Just ask any of these if they are and see what kind of reply that you get. One here said he walked across his swimming pool and didn't even get his flip flops wet. He seems to be after the sensational instead of the realty of the purpose of God to just love someone as yourself? What a novel idea that is.

This is the way of Love who God is. I have given away at least half dozen cars to people in need, not to look holy toward man or God but simply because I loved them enough to do something about it and can. I volunteered to go into prisons for over 25 fo no other motivation than to see if I could help one in need. Street people the same, Hospitals the same, assisted living homes.

I have more than I need, it may not be in terms of wealth but in terms of Love that God is. Thank you for that testimony, it speaks volumes of ones heart.
I really wasn't trying to win accolades with anybody but am hoping that others follow my example. It is our duty to help others in need if we can.
I was assigned by Valero to schedule a turnaround for a unit in Three Rivers Texas. On a Saturday I went to visit Corpus Christy And on Sunday I headed back. A few miles out from Corpus I saw a man laying on a picnic table asleep and assumed he was hitch hiking. He was well dressed, new cowboy boots and hat, clean shaven. I stopped and asked if he needed a ride. He said no I just need to sleep so I went on. The next morning I ate breakfast at this little family restaurant. I was eating my mean and that guy who was on the picnic table came in the door and said to the woman at the register if they had something he could eat fo rh hadn't had anything in a couple of days.

She went irate and yelled at him and said go to the court house, sometimes they feed people like you. She was wearing a T shirt with Jesus hanging on a cross that said Jesus saves. He sat down and had a glass of water. When I left I handed twenty five dollars to that woman and said give him anything he wants with this $25 and if there is any left give it him, and said, kindness make me feel so much better that your reactions to that man and pointed to her T Shirt. She didnt say anything just a blank look on her face and I left.
I would have done the same thing assuming I thought the man really needed the meal. I would have told the woman that Jesus saves if you obey his telling us to help the poor.
And in that it was very clear that It wasn't about the needs of man hitchhiking, it was about the needs of her Christian attitude, and that same attitude runs amuck. What has one done to example the ways of Gods anointing other then to try and force their will over onto others?
It's sad that we as a society see Christianity as the basis of our morality yet it fails so miserably.

I really wasn't trying to win accolades with anybody but am hoping that others follow my example. It is our duty to help others in need if we can.
I know, and do understand your motives, only the Love that God is in man can display without motives.
I would have done the same thing assuming I thought the man really needed the meal. I would have told the woman that Jesus saves if you obey his telling us to help the poor.
What is so Coll is that I didnt have to say anything, the look in her face told her whole store from conviction. I just smiled and left. The whole things wasn't about the man in need, it was about the woman at the registers need.

It's sad that we as a society see Christianity as the basis of our morality yet it fails so miserably.
So true. If only Christians would drop the religious acts and actually receive the God of Love as their own disposition, Christianity would flourish but sense religious minds has laws to regulate beliefs, every day on the. 6;00 news we hear of murders, hatred, people shooting each other over road rage. I contributed it all to religious minds wh ousted Gods teachings from schools, government, public places. Love that God is not taught even in our churches to be like Him and in His same image od Love.

Often I quote Matt. 5:48, be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect. In that the only thing on this planet that never changes, is static, was the same yesterday as today and will be the same tomorrow is Love, for God is Love and man is the temple of Him.

1 John 4:7-8 -- Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

So, SO very simple yet so complicated to a religious mind who makes laws to regulate their beliefs about Him.

Back