Some Scriptures Artfully Brushed Aside by the Roman Catholic Church . . . .

Proverbs 1:1​
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;​
2 To know wisdom and instruction;​
to perceive the words of understanding;​
3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;​
4 To give subtilty to the simple,​
to the young man knowledge and discretion.
5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning;​
and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:​
6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation;
the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.​
Stella1000 said:
What is it that makes it 'abundantly clear' to you that I haven't used my discernment?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets put Stella to the test;

Matt.13:3​
And he spake many things unto them in parables,​
saying,​
Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side,
and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Lk.8:5​
And he spake many things unto them in parables,​
saying,​
Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side,
and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Mk.4:3​
Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
4 And it came to pass, as he sowed,
some fell by the way side,
and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
..............​
Now the question is:​
Know ye not this parable?
and how then will ye know all parables?
(get this one correct, or you will never understand any of the others)​
14 The sower soweth the word.
15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown;
but when they have heard,
Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

12 Those by the way side are they that hear;

then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts,
lest they should believe and be saved.

Stella1000 said:
What is it that makes it 'abundantly clear' to you that I haven't used my discernment?
-------------------------------------------------------------
So tell us, Stella;

Where is this wayside ??????
where the word is sewn
Who are these Waysiders Christ speaks of ???????

Know ye not
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
To understand a proverb, and the interpretation;
the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Another point there Stella

Paul the wise Masterbuilder
Ecc.12:11​
The words of the wise are as goads,​
and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies,​
which are given from one shepherd.​

Know ye not
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
To understand a proverb, and the interpretation;
the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.

Peter says of the words of Paul
Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;​
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;
in which are some things hard to be understood,
which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest,
as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Posters;
Paul was the wise Masterbuilder
How can you ever understand Paul
as Peters says

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before,
beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness

.​

Warding off heresies has been a 2000 year work of the Church. The scholars/theologians such as Athanasius, Jerome the Leo who were guardians of Christian doctrine in their day were situated to understand what theories and beliefs were damaging to that Truth. That Theo someone on the internet in 2022 is telling me those historical guardians aren't authoritative as he/she is, doesn't impress me at all.
They are only authoritative when they agree with you. Jerome rejected the apocrypha and stated those books are not in the Canon. Is he still authoritative? Is he still defending Christian doctrine? And Athanasius didn't agree with your canon either.

I am sure you do. It is, however, abundantly clear that you in no way shape or form employ any safeguards against for false teachers. You dutifully put on your blinders against the truth and believe whatever your masters say to believe, no questions asked.
Ah..... yes! The domineering Roman Catholic hierarchy, who expect complete blind obedience from anyone (man, woman or child) that he can bully into accepting his self-righteous authority - the aggressive, impatient, arrogant type, opinionated, narrow minded, and unreasonable - pretty much fits many of today's stereotypical Roman Catholics also.

Last edited:
Ah..... yes! The domineering Roman Catholic hierarchy, who expect complete blind obedience from anyone (man, woman or child) that he can bully into accepting his self-righteous authority - the aggressive, impatient, arrogant type, opinionated, narrow minded, and unreasonable - pretty much fits many of today's stereotypical Roman Catholics also.
Yep they like control and power.

Any one of us can walk away from the Church without fear of repercussion from the Church. I choose to accept the truth of the doctrines that the holy Saints have been witness to for 2000 years. Being a Catholic is much richer than 'blind obedience' to one person. It's trusting the witness of Christian history as part of faith in Christ.

Any one of us can walk away from the Church without fear of repercussion from the Church. I choose to accept the truth of the doctrines that the holy Saints have been witness to for 2000 years. Being a Catholic is much richer than 'blind obedience' to one person. It's trusting the witness of Christian history as part of faith in Christ.
Today maybe but not in the past. Your institution has been a witness of sin for centuries. You are following blind guides and that leads to one place only.

Any one of us can walk away from the Church without fear of repercussion from the Church.
Historically incorrect. Ask the Hussites who had five (5!) crusades declared against them. Ask that French king who was made to grovel before the pope. What was the purpose of the un-Holy Office? Were their instruments of torture really a way to show love to their enemies who wanted to "walk away from the Church without fear of repercussion"?

Historically incorrect. Ask the Hussites who had five (5!) crusades declared against them. Ask that French king who was made to grovel before the pope. What was the purpose of the un-Holy Office? Were their instruments of torture really a way to show love to their enemies who wanted to "walk away from the Church without fear of repercussion"?
there's a big difference in how Jesus treated those who walked away from Him in disbelief.

They tried hard to wipe out the remanent.

P. S. My wife and her family were totally ostracized by the rest of her Roman Catholic family when they (DW, MIL, FIL, & SIL) got saved. So there were repercussions - though not as bad as in previous centuries. ?

There's definitely been times of corruption by men of the Church but by the prayers of the saints and the grace of God it has endured as Jesus said it would.

P. S. My wife and her family were totally ostracized by the rest of her Roman Catholic family when they (DW, MIL, FIL, & SIL) got saved. So there were repercussions - though not as bad as in previous centuries. ?
That can't be attributed to the Catholic Church. Who knows why some families do what they do but I've got plenty of anecdotes of the opposite happening.

I think if the Reformation had resulted in a Church of perfection, that would be a reason to really consider the alternative to being Catholic, but that hasn't happened so it can't really be used against the Catholic Church.

That can't be attributed to the Catholic Church. Who knows why some families do what they do but I've got plenty of anecdotes of the opposite happening.

I think if the Reformation had resulted in a Church of perfection, that would be a reason to really consider the alternative to being Catholic, but that hasn't happened so it can't really be used against the Catholic Church.
It is the RCC fault, they taught that non RCs would lead you to hell. But shunning is not just an RC thing.

There's definitely been times of corruption by men of the Church
But then how can the RCC claim to be "holy" - and with a straight face? Corruption in various forms goes back to at least Constantine's time.
but by the prayers of the saints and the grace of God it has endured as Jesus said it would.
Well, Judaism and Eastern Orthodoxy have lasted, as well as animism, Hinduism and Buddhism. So longevity alone is no indicator of God's favor.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

That can't be attributed to the Catholic Church.
You must have missed those lessons. Ask mys_fid about them. He'll gladly (?) fill you in on proper RCC attitudes towards heretics.
Who knows why some families do what they do but I've got plenty of anecdotes of the opposite happening.
Sure, but why hasn't the RCC worked harder at improving their members' Christlikeness? (Rhetorical question.)
Yet which church boasts that its leaders are hand-picked by God? (That would include pope John XII, the defenestrated.) Which church boasts that it and its teachings are the only way to God? (Besides Mormons, JWs, and other cults)

But I fear that y'all are blinded by the god of this world, to do its bidding, thumbing its nose at God...

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Back