The Church recognizes the Father as "the source and origin of the whole divinity".

Again the Latins says, if you cannot properly perceive this ,then you can only be erroneously supposing, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the Father or that the son and the holy spirit are the Father primary creatures, . Which one is it????

First, I will post the definition of the terms...

distinct: distinguishable to the eye or mind as being discrete (see DISCRETE sense 1) or not the same : SEPARATE

discrete (sense 1): constituting a separate entity : individually distinct

selfsame: being the one mentioned or in question : IDENTICAL

Whereas you believe Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father, and God are all DISTINCT...

I believe Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father, and God are the SELFSAME (identical).

Deuteronomy 6:4... Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 14:9... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

2 Corinthians 3:17... Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

@johnny guitar I am still interested in YOUR answer...

Is this statement False?

The Father is "the source and origin of the whole divinity".

First, I will post the definition of the terms...

distinct: distinguishable to the eye or mind as being discrete (see DISCRETE sense 1) or not the same : SEPARATE

discrete (sense 1): constituting a separate entity : individually distinct

selfsame: being the one mentioned or in question : IDENTICAL

Whereas you believe Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father, and God are all DISTINCT...

I believe Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father, and God are the SELFSAME (identical).

Deuteronomy 6:4... Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

1 Timothy 3:16... And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 14:9... Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

2 Corinthians 3:17... Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

@johnny guitar I am still interested in YOUR answer...

Is this statement False?

The Father is "the source and origin of the whole divinity".
But your theological construct supposes that the son is created and therefore cannot be identical or selfsame. God is Uncreated. The determination of Fatherhood is not identical to the determination of Sonship , yet the property of paternity and filation are identical to the Divine Essence itself, thereby the Relation necessitates a distinction in Godhead of one person of the Father, and, another of the Son. If there was no distinction between God the Father there would be no need to even mention The Son and Holy Spirit ,as one proceeds from another.

Based on your suppositions above. You like any Oneness and Unitarian- Divide the Substance in two beings and their thing, only to like Oneness ," Confound and Confuse the Subsistence" into The Father is the self same Son, and the Father is the selfsame Holy Spirit . The Father does not need to be His own son because The Word Himself proceeds by way of generation ,and the Father does not need to be the Holy Spirit because the Holy Spirit proceeds by way of Spiration. Therefore we "Neither Divide the Substance, nor Confound and Confuse the Subsistence" .which is clearly all you can do in order to erroneously object to the Trinity of Persons.

PS. God being Spirit , and purely spiritual, does not make Him any less than "Three distinct Persons", One is the Father ,another is the Son, and another is the Holy Spirit. So the Greeks say," Tres Hypostases un Ousia".

...... Alan

Back