The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there is. Jesus to all accounts had no problem with men having long hair. The evangelist Paul seemed to believe something was wrong with that.
Their is nothing to compare or contrast.

But since you don't like Paul's teaching, then you dislike many of Paul's teaching. Your church bans women priests (which I agree with, women are not called to the pulpit), then there is the teaching about hair. It's not confined to 1st Corinthians chapter 11. There are more teachings. Did you know that men having long hair, and women with short hair were considered to me homosexuals/and/or temple prostitutes? Paul says that long hair on a woman is her glory and her covering. Do you know what 'covering' means in the NT? No, you don't. Men having long hair is an affront to God.

Read on, from a Catholic source on the appearance of the Apostles.

The Bible does not say that Jesus had long hair. You are buying into artistic nonsense.

Many artistic portrayals of Jesus are of a Caucasian male with blue eyes and long, light-brown hair. It is important to understand that this common portrayal is likely not at all what Jesus looked like. Jesus was ethnically Jewish, so He likely had light to dark brown skin, brown eyes, and dark brown or black hair. Jesus would have looked like a typical Middle Easterner. The Bible nowhere gives a physical description of Jesus, so no one should be dogmatic about His appearance. And, ultimately, we have to realize that what He looked like does not matter. If it mattered, the Bible would contain a physical description.

If the colors of His skin, eyes, and hair in artistic portrayals are likely inaccurate, what about the length of His hair? Is Jesus being portrayed as having long hair also inaccurate? Again, it is impossible to be dogmatic, since the Bible says nothing about the length of His hair. But, if Jesus looked like a typical Middle Eastern male in the 1st century A.D., the artistic portrayals are likely incorrect on the length of His hair as well. Many of the artistic portrayals of Jesus show Him with hair that looks somewhat feminine. While there were no specific Jewish laws, Jewish men traditionally kept much shorter hair than Jewish women.

There is also Paul’s comment in 1 Corinthians 11:14, “Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him?” The length of Jesus’ hair would have been whatever was culturally appropriate for a man. Jesus’ hair would have looked masculine. Now, what that precisely means is subject to debate. Could His hair have been shoulder length? Possibly. Would Jesus have had a buzz cut or otherwise very short hair? Probably not. The key is that it would have been masculine-looking. And that seems to be Paul’s point in 1 Corinthians 11:3–15. A man’s hair should look masculine. A woman’s hair should look feminine. What this means can differ from culture to culture, but the principle remains, regardless of culture.

So, did Jesus have long hair? The answer depends on what is meant by “long.” Could it have been longer than the typical hair length of men today? Yes. Would it have been so long that it appeared feminine? No. But, just as with the colors of His skin, eyes, and hair, the length of His hair ultimately does not matter. It is completely irrelevant to Him being the Savior of the world (John 1:29) and the only way to heaven (John 14:6).

As I said, there is nothing to compare or contrast. Every time you post something like this, you show how little you know about the Word of God and the errors of Catholic teaching.

I have to be honest here, but you only have a fake communion at your church. You only see it as a symbol, so it is nothing. Is it grape juice and crackers? A double nothing.
Here you go again, running on about things you have no evidence of. You don't drink blood or eat flesh (cannibalism) and neither do we. Otherwise, you will have to prove your assertion and . . . so far, you haven't been able to use scripture properly. We'll wait while you go find some evidence of what we believe.

I have to be honest here, but you only have a fake communion at your church. You only see it as a symbol, so it is nothing. Is it grape juice and crackers? A double nothing.
You have nothing but a fake communion because you are in a false church, it is a symbol. It has nothing to do with real blood and flesh, a double nothing. That is honest. If it was the real presence your evil priests who abused children would be dropping down dead. Because no one that evil can touch God, that is scriptural.

Alonzo said:

Here you go again, running on about things you have no evidence of. You don't drink blood or eat flesh (cannibalism) and neither do we. Otherwise, you will have to prove your assertion and . . . so far, you haven't been able to use scripture properly. We'll wait while you go find some evidence of what we believe.
your post hit the nail on the head.

He was clear. that catholics don't understand it is because they don't know Him or have the Holy Spirit. you follow teachings of men and are manipulating scripture to support what the rcc says.
The most monumental event of all time - and you got it wrong. "The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ"? (1Cor10 v 16) .

If that's not enough then: "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body". (1 Cor 11 v 29). KJV

BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES! It is clear. Not just a symbol, not just a remembrance. It's the real deal.

Yours is maybe wine and sawdust. I prefer juice and bread. It really is just minutia, and apparently that's all you have.

See my evidence on my last post.

The most monumental event of all time - and you got it wrong. "The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ"? (1Cor10 v 16) .

If that's not enough then: "For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body". (1 Cor 11 v 29). KJV

BELIEVE THE SCRIPTURES! It is clear. Not just a symbol, not just a remembrance. It's the real deal.
The most monumental event of all time - and you got it wrong. You follow pagan practices and not scripture. Scripture is clear DO NOT DRINK BLOOD. It is in both testaments. Jesus did not break and does not break commandments. You need to believe and read scripture without the RCC glasses.

The RCC ignores scripture and eats with evil men at their communions. That is not following scripture. There is a word for people like that and it is biblical.

Alonzo said:
wrong. we see it as He intended it to be - a remembrance of the sacrifice He made for us.

It resulted in our being made His, part of His body, His church thru our rebirth experience.

we don't need to pretend or make things up.

You can't even use the correct elements. Another point where you ignore the scriptures and get it wrong.
Wine is grape juice and the wine in Jesus day was not normally as today's wine. So you don't even use the correct elements. The bread wasn't pressed little round shapes with Latin on them. So you don't use the correct elements. You ignore scripture and you get it wrong. You keep insisting on showing you do not know scripture or understand it.

We do believe the scripture, we don't believe Catholics. The false teaching that your church perpetuates is vile and damages the very heart of the gospel message.

Good to see that the Apostle Paul agrees with me and countless other Christians. Who do I report at least three statements that denigrate the Apostle Paul. I don't think you want anyone to tear down St. Paul's basilica at the Vatican, or do you?

See my evidence on my last post.

I've read all of your posts. You have not provided a scintilla of evidence. Keep telling yourself that. We all know what we are seeing. It's too bad that CARM isn't the place for the full-on intervention you need. But you will have to start producing evidence. See, we know our Bibles and you have demonstrated that you don't.

The "He" in that Hebrew verse is Jesus.
It is the DEATH of Jesus that establishes the new covenant
---->If there is any other interpretation: lets see it
I don't know if there is another way to look at it but Christ said His blood was the "blood of the new covenant" [Matthew 26:28]. Every covenant of God is sealed with the blood.

JoeT

I've read all of your posts. You have not provided a scintilla of evidence. Keep telling yourself that. We all know what we are seeing. It's too bad that CARM isn't the place for the full-on intervention you need. But you will have to start producing evidence. See, we know our Bibles and you have demonstrated that you don't.
It seems you don't know your bibles at all. There is nothing in the passages I posted to entertain the idea for one second that Holy Communion, the Eucharist, is not the true body and blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Somewhere along the line you Christians (and I believe you truly love the Lord) have gone off the deep end on this issue to believe what you believe on this and I cannot for the life of me understand it . Where has your faith gone?

The most monumental event of all time - and you got it wrong. You follow pagan practices and not scripture. Scripture is clear DO NOT DRINK BLOOD. It is in both testaments. Jesus did not break and does not break commandments. You need to believe and read scripture without the RCC glasses.

The RCC ignores scripture and eats with evil men at their communions. That is not following scripture. There is a word for people like that and it is biblical.
Great post balshan.

Some of the words are biblical. Jesus called people hypocrites, a brood of vipers, etc. This describes the RCC leadership in spades. LOL.

you again show you don't believe His words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back