The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
the LS took place under the OT.
This is not a very good answer.

If the Last Supper took place in the Old Testament, then Christ never finished His ministry. His role as the Messia never reached fulfillment. He never established on earth the promised Kingdom and established himself the ruler; a prophecy of paramount of importance. In prophecy He was to rebuild the Temple and Jerusalem ruling the world.

The New Covenant Jesus Christ did these things. He fulfulled all the Messianic prophecies. The old Temple was raised to the ground and a New Kingdom was raised up in its place, the Catholic Church.

JoeT

So we see then that other than believing the absolute basics, you folks are out of the mainstream of Christian theological thought, way out.
These days that doesn't really mean biblical / His truth.

His truth will be taught in the minority of 'churches'. the majority know nothing of Him.

Oh it is like a contract it doesn't come into existence until it is signed. It can be written before hand but it is not real without signatures. I mean my husband and I just updated our wills. They sat at the solicitor's until we went to sign them, they were just a waste of paper until they were signed. Your question also shows you do not know how covenants worked in the OT. I did post a site which would help you.
It's not a contract, remember there is nothing you have that God wants except the rectitude of the will. It is a Divine Covenant.

JoeT

No it is RCs who pick and choose to achieve their desired outcome. You never find the true meaning because you take one verse out of context of the whole of scripture to come up with a wrong interpretation. Jesus NEVER broke a commandment, if it was real blood and not wine it would be getting people to break a commandment that is in the OT and restated in the NT.

The thing is they were at a symbolic meal and using symbolism throughout the whole meal. Yes the words stand alone like I a a door.

It is only the desire to validate one's own particular position and denies them and their veracity. I mean we know the institution lies and lies boldly.
"The cup that we bless is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break is it not a participation in the body of Christ"?

"Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord"

A mere symbol would be none of those things, so obviously the biblical writer disagrees with you.

"The cup that we bless is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread that we break is it not a participation in the body of Christ"?

"Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup unworthily will have to answer for the body and blood of the Lord"

A mere symbol would be none of those things, so obviously the biblical writer disagrees with you.

Paul referred to it for what it was....BREAD. If it were not symbolic, and became something other than BREAD, he would not call it BREAD.

This is not a very good answer.
it's the truth. that makes it the best answer.

If the Last Supper took place in the Old Testament, then Christ never finished His ministry. His role as the Messia never reached fulfillment. He never established on earth the promised Kingdom and established himself the ruler; a prophecy of paramount of importance. In prophecy He was to rebuild the Temple and Jerusalem ruling the world.
you tell us how little you know / understand scripture.

you don't know when the OC ends and the nt begins you are in very bad biblical condition. that's very basic.

The New Covenant Jesus Christ did these things. He fulfulled all the Messianic prophecies. The old Temple was raised to the ground and a New Kingdom was raised up in its place, the Catholic Church.

JoeT
the rcc is not His new kingdom. not even His old kingdom. not His at all.

So we see then that other than believing the absolute basics, you folks are out of the mainstream of Christian theological thought, way out.
Mainstream Christianity were false beliefs have been allowed to flourish. Glad to be out of it.

Oh please! Even in the times of the Apostles there was the "Church" that was exercising it's proper authority. We can see this in the letters the Church leaders were sending to the outlying churches instructing them as to the proper practices of the new Christian faith. Surely you know of them?

There are actually two entities that make up "the Church". There is the institutional church and then the "general church" of all believers. Your own place of worship has a building and a sign outside does it not? You might even be "incorporated" as a legal matter. Stop trying to deny the reality of these things.
Shameful disregard for the scriptures.

The gates of hell have already prevailed against your apostate organization.

It's not a contract, remember there is nothing you have that God wants except the rectitude of the will. It is a Divine Covenant.

JoeT
It is a contract of sorts and remember Abram had nothing God wanted but there you go. You do not understand covenants and I was trying to simply the words for you, to give you real understanding of why what you post is rubbish. Actually the Divine covenant has always been passed on the covenants of the time. But covenants, wills and contracts involve two parties.

when you participate in 'communion', what is your remembrance of?

Nope, I don't deny one word of Scripture....YOU, OTOH, suggested that the words of Hebrew are not the same as the words of Jesus. You LITERALLY pit Jesus own words with Jesus own words....
Jesus wrote nothing, someone else wrote the book of Hebrews intending to convey a message to the people of the day. They are not Jesus words any more than a prayer that comes from my lips are when I ask for His help in this life.

In the past you've said the Old Testament is null and void being replaced by the New Testament. Here you say there is no New Testament. Do you think there is NO Testament, no covenant under which we are suppose to receive justification. What is the justification for that?

JoeT
That is not what she said and you know it. Is this how catholics have to argue? By lying and twisting others comments? There's more to her statement that you deliberately left out.

Jesus wrote nothing, someone else wrote the book of Hebrews intending to convey a message to the people of the day. They are not Jesus words any more than a prayer that comes from my lips are when I ask for His help in this life.
Rubbish Jesus wrote in the sand for a start that shows your statement Jesus wrote nothing is false. Jesus is the Word and even your catechism clearly states the author of scriptures is God. So once again belittling the Word of God, no surprise. RCs show little regard for God's word.

Alonzo said:
Oh please! Even in the times of the Apostles there was the "Church" that was exercising it's proper authority. We can see this in the letters the Church leaders were sending to the outlying churches instructing them as to the proper practices of the new Christian faith. Surely you know of them?

There are actually two entities that make up "the Church". There is the institutional church and then the "general church" of all believers. Your own place of worship has a building and a sign outside does it not? You might even be "incorporated" as a legal matter. Stop trying to deny the reality of these things.
there is only 1 'His church" - that is all people who have been born again. Until God changes your heart and places you into His church you are not part of it.

you can claim to be 'it'until the cows come home, but until God puts you there you're just mooing in the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back