The False Claims of Constantine Simonides Regarding Sinaiticus

Your apparent theory that Simonides tampered with the Athos entries

Nope.

Quote me where I (note I, not you perverting what I said) 100% said he "tampered with the catalogue ENTRIES"?

Answer = you can't!

You can only resort to devious inventions of your own incorrigibly corrupted mind...

Oh Post Twister Extraordinaire!

Nope.
Quote me where I (note I, not you perverting what I said) 100% said he "tampered with the catalogue ENTRIES"?
Answer = you can't!
You can only resort to devious inventions of your own incorrigibly corrupted mind...

I’m glad you accept the catalogue as free from tampering.

Even if you do not see 6405 6406 and 6407 as connected, which is your absurd position.

Your writing is so cutesy that it is virtually impossible to parse.

I’m glad you accept the catalogue as free from tampering.

Yes.

But the same cannot be said for the Athos manuscripts themselves.

The very real possibility has NOT been eliminated that Simonides could possibly have slipped in a forged manuscript after 1841 and before 1880.

Even if you do not see 6405 6406 and 6407 as connected,

A reference connecting a copy of a copy of a copy of John of Damascus.

But there ARE NO dates for entries 6406 and 6407.

which is your absurd position.

Legitimate possiblities IMO.

Couldn't care less what you say or think.

Your writing is so cutesy that it is virtually impossible to parse.

Struggling to find an angle Steven?

Your theory that Simonides may have tampered with the Athos entries

I did not say in my recent posts of the last week that Simonides

"tampered with"

Or

"Athos entries"

So what are you up to, Oh Post Twister Extraordinaire?

Note Readers: 🚨🚨Straw Man argument alert 🚨🚨 red flag going up 🛑🛑🛑 this man is twisting my words diabolically.🚨🚨

Last edited:
Do you have a picture of Simonides handwriting in his Athos manuscripts from 1841 yet?

His regular unicial script?

Is it exactly like the Scribe-A of the Sinaiticus?

If, as is now being suggested, Simonides had a number (three, maybe) of accomplices also writing up Sinaiticus with him, it seems improbable that these people and/or that writing project could have remained a secret from the rest of the monestary.

If, as is now being suggested, Simonides had a number (three, maybe) of accomplices also writing up Sinaiticus with him, it seems improbable that these people and/or that writing project could have remained a secret from the rest of the monestary.

Simon sez the Rossico Monastery big wigs were aware.

Simon also sez he was a direct descendant of Aristotle.

Do you have a picture of Simonides handwriting in his Athos manuscripts from 1841 yet?
His regular unicial script?
Is it exactly like the Scribe-A of the Sinaiticus?

Sinaiticus had, especially in the New Testament, high-tech horizontal and vertical lines that worked against the normal angular inclination of writing. (This has been questioned as to when that tech would be available.)

There was also a desire to replicate a specific old uncial script, rather than simply copy a homily.

There was also a desire to replicate a specific old uncial script, rather than simply copy a homily.

So you propose that, at Athos, at this time, Simonides would write every single letter of a cursive (lower case) copy of John of Damascus' Easter homily with NO CAPITALS (unicial script) AT ALL?

So it's... "Nothing to see here folk's" ... "Move a long!"...

Hmmm

I don't think so.

Last edited:
I believe that photography was not invented until 1847.

Sorry. I meant, take a photograph today at Athos of the manuscripts Simonides is purported to have copied, that are listed in the Lambros catalogue, for the purpose of being compared with the Codex Sinaiticus' main copyist's script (because Steven said quite a while back that Simonides was likely Scribe-A in his opinion).

Or that every single vestige of this massive project vanished off the face of the earth.

Take a look at the entries.

I did.

Unlike you, I can read it in the original Greek, too.

And again - the mere fact your so-called "evidence" requires this only shows how weak it actually is.

You got something Simonides actually wrote we can justify the claim he wrote Sinaiticus?
no?

Discussion over at that point other than amusement.

Sorry. I meant, take a photograph today at Athos of the manuscripts Simonides is purported to have copied, that are listed in the Lambros catalogue, for the purpose of being compared with the Codex Sinaiticus' main copyist's script (because Steven said quite a while back that Simonides was likely Scribe-A in his opinion).

Yes, agreed, for many reasons, such photos would be helpful and quite interesting.

6405 comes to mind, are there others that we have identified, from the catalogue or other sources?

And there may be other areas to study beyond the script, like the ink and codicology and materials considerations

There has never been at Athos any manuscript that could have served as a copy text for the genuine Codex Sinaiticus. There is nothing anywhere today that could have served as it's copy text on this planet. It's copy text died out along time ago. Codex Sinaiticus New Testament was never copied it was so mistake filled. All anyone could do is fix it's errors. People knew it existed because they corrected it's errors, but never copied it all those centuries. Not until Tischendorfs transcription anyway.

There has never been at Athos any manuscript that could have served as a copy text for the genuine Codex Sinaiticus. There is nothing anywhere today that could have served as it's copy text on this planet. It's copy text died out along time ago. Codex Sinaiticus New Testament was never copied it was so mistake filled. All anyone could do is fix it's errors. People knew it existed because they corrected it's errors, but never copied it all those centuries. Not until Tischendorfs transcription anyway.

And again - he keeps INTENTIONALLY NOT ANSWERING the obvious problem with his conspiracy theory (even assuming all the other dots actually did connect):

Why. Do. You. Put. A. Rough. Draft. On. Expensive. Parchment. With. Three. Clumsy. Calligraphers?

but he knows that insurmountable problem proves what a phony case the SART-MOPS have so he avoids it and hopes over time it vanishes from the internet.

It won't.

It MIGHT vanish from CARM, but the refusal to answer such an obvious problem gives up the game.

And again - he keeps INTENTIONALLY NOT ANSWERING the obvious problem with his conspiracy theory (even assuming all the other dots actually did connect):

Why. Do. You. Put. A. Rough. Draft. On. Expensive. Parchment. With. Three. Clumsy. Calligraphers?

but he knows that insurmountable problem proves what a phony case the SART-MOPS have so he avoids it and hopes over time it vanishes from the internet.

It won't.

It MIGHT vanish from CARM, but the refusal to answer such an obvious problem gives up the game.

Appropriate quote here = about the quality of the husbandry, and who could afford such a "Mega Codex" (the category Sinaiticus is classed in).

As if Simonides (the world's leading expert in egotism) would NOT recognise the EXCEPTIONAL quality of the parchment for this draft to be copied onto WHAT?

Upon what BETTER quality parchment would/could they find? To copy the FINAL present for the Emperor onto?

(A scratchy Vinal record grinding to holt sound effect)

It begs belief and credulity...

Back