The Great Commission-is it for every Christian

Peter and the keys of authority.

So you just argued I should not be stuck on a city and then you turn right around and insist why you are stuck on a city?

Are you just a deranged hypocrite or what?

You have yet to defend yourself. Remember 'lukewarm'?

Never been happier.

Jn 6:53 Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you DO NOT HAVE LIFE within you

there you go again with disobedience.... let go and let God

Jesus refutes you in this same teaching. But you are so blind you never noticed.

No I don't.
Excellent, no time like the present to cross the Tiber.
You aren't even listening.
You haven't said much... easy to point fingers and say a lot of nothing .... When Christ established His Church 2,000 years ago, He promised His Church would be protected by the HS -- and 2,000 years later, His Catholic Church continues.
He isn't talking about theological wisdom doctrines.
WHATEVER you bind.... WHATEVER you loose....
If you only want to hear what tickles your itching ears, why bother talking to me? You certainly will not get that from me.
I'm not getting anything from you.

Excellent, no time like the present to cross the Tiber.

You haven't said much... easy to point fingers and say a lot of nothing .... When Christ established His Church 2,000 years ago, He promised His Church would be protected by the HS -- and 2,000 years later, His Catholic Church continues.

WHATEVER you bind.... WHATEVER you loose....

I'm not getting anything from you.

Because you refuse to listen to hear anything which does not tickle your itching fleshly ears. 2 Tim 4:3.

You have a clear John 8:43-47 problem.

When you start listening, it will be worth talking.

Because you refuse to listen to hear anything which does not tickle your itching fleshly ears. 2 Tim 4:3.
Sound doctrine comes from His one true church. Why would your personal, fallible, interpretations of scripture be received as truth over what His Church teaches?

Sound doctrine comes from His one true church.

That's incorrect. The genuine children of God are taught by God Himself because He is their own Father and they know Him.

Why would your personal, fallible, interpretations of scripture be received as truth over what His Church teaches?

My personal, fallible, interpretations of Scripture, are one thing. The pure, unblemished, spotless and perfect truth of God which my own Father gave me is another.

You obviously do not know Him. Why don't you?

That's incorrect. The genuine children of God are taught by God Himself because He is their own Father and they know Him.
That would be me!
My personal, fallible, interpretations of Scripture, are one thing.
a dangerous thing, no?
The pure, unblemished, spotless and perfect truth of God which my own Father gave me is another.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Matthew 28:16-20

Is the “Great Commission” for all believers through the ages or for the contemporaneous audience standing before Yeshua?
It's for everybody for ALL TIME, according to the calling God places on the lives of every Born Again Christian, and the ministry HE gifts them with.

IF YOU don't know what to do, then don't do anything until you DO Know - Biblically, "Abide in the calling in which you were called". (1 Cor 7:20)

Really? If God Himself teaches you, what then do you need your church's teachings for?
Great question ....

1 Tim 3:15 But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is THE CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF [THE] TRUTH

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.

Great question ....

1 Tim 3:15 But if I should be delayed, you should know how to behave in the household of God, which is THE CHURCH of the living God, the PILLAR AND FOUNDATION OF [THE] TRUTH

Eph 3:10 so that the manifold WISDOM of God might now be made known THROUGH the CHURCH to the principalities and authorities in the heavens.

Good grief man. Do you hear nothing I say? The church teaching you is not God Himself teaching you is it?

and the 'Jews' were Catholic.... are you suggesting that the Jews handpicked by Christ were not part of the universal church that Christ established?
Sorry, but this is very incorrect. The Apostles and their descendant followers still celebrated the weekly Sabbath and the Father's annual Feast Days.....well into the second/third centuries, long after the Gospels, Paul's epistles and the rest of the New Testament had been written.

This is from "Polycrates, Bishop of Ephesus 130/196 a.d., home of the Apostle John later in life (found on line for anyone interested).

From His Epistle to Victor and the Roman Church

As for us, then, we scrupulously observe the exact day, neither adding nor taking away. For in Asia great luminaries have gone to their rest, who shall rise again in the day of the coming of the Lord, when He cometh with glory from heaven and shall raise again all the saints. I speak of Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who is laid to rest at Hierapolis; and his two daughters, who arrived at old age unmarried; his other daughter also, who passed her life under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and reposes at Ephesus; John, moreover, who reclined on the Lord's bosom, and who became a priest wearing the mitre, and a witness and a teacher-he rests at Ephesus. Then there is Polycarp, both bishop and martyr at Smyrna; and Thraseas from Eumenia, both bishop and martyr, who rests at Smyrna. Why should I speak of Sagaris, bishop and martyr, who rests at Laodicea? of the blessed Papirius, moreover? and of Melito the eunuch, who performed all his actions under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and lies at Sardis, awaiting the visitation from heaven, when he shall rise again from the dead? These all kept the passover on the fourteenth. day of the month, in accordance with the Gospel, without ever deviating from it, but keeping to the rule of faith.
Moreover I also, Polycrates, who am the least of you all, in accordance with the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have succeeded-seven of my relatives were bishops, and I am the eighth, and my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven-I myself, brethren, I say, who am sixty-five years old in the Lord, and have fallen in with the brethren in all parts of the world, and have read through all Holy Scripture, am not frightened at the things which are said to terrify us. For those who are greater than I have said, "We ought to obey God rather than men." ...

Sound like Catholics to you????????

Quit posting tradition and get with facts.

Sorry, but this is very incorrect. The Apostles and their descendant followers still celebrated the weekly Sabbath and the Father's annual Feast Days.....well into the second/third centuries, long after the Gospels, Paul's epistles and the rest of the New Testament had been written.

This is from "Polycrates, Bishop of Ephesus 130/196 a.d., home of the Apostle John later in life (found on line for anyone interested).

From His Epistle to Victor and the Roman Church

As for us, then, we scrupulously observe the exact day, neither adding nor taking away. For in Asia great luminaries have gone to their rest, who shall rise again in the day of the coming of the Lord, when He cometh with glory from heaven and shall raise again all the saints. I speak of Philip, one of the twelve apostles, who is laid to rest at Hierapolis; and his two daughters, who arrived at old age unmarried; his other daughter also, who passed her life under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and reposes at Ephesus; John, moreover, who reclined on the Lord's bosom, and who became a priest wearing the mitre, and a witness and a teacher-he rests at Ephesus. Then there is Polycarp, both bishop and martyr at Smyrna; and Thraseas from Eumenia, both bishop and martyr, who rests at Smyrna. Why should I speak of Sagaris, bishop and martyr, who rests at Laodicea? of the blessed Papirius, moreover? and of Melito the eunuch, who performed all his actions under the influence of the Holy Spirit, and lies at Sardis, awaiting the visitation from heaven, when he shall rise again from the dead? These all kept the passover on the fourteenth. day of the month, in accordance with the Gospel, without ever deviating from it, but keeping to the rule of faith.
Moreover I also, Polycrates, who am the least of you all, in accordance with the tradition of my relatives, some of whom I have succeeded-seven of my relatives were bishops, and I am the eighth, and my relatives always observed the day when the people put away the leaven-I myself, brethren, I say, who am sixty-five years old in the Lord, and have fallen in with the brethren in all parts of the world, and have read through all Holy Scripture, am not frightened at the things which are said to terrify us. For those who are greater than I have said, "We ought to obey God rather than men." ...

Sound like Catholics to you????????

Quit posting tradition and get with facts.

Maybe you missed my point.... did they celebrate the Eucharist?

Back