The "one God" and LDS and Biblical theology

dberrie2020

But we do separate out the different Persons in the Godhead, but Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are the One God of the Bible.

And where do we find the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost constituting the "one God" of the Biblical NT?

Quite to the contrary--God the Son was separated out from the "one God" of the Biblical NT:

1 Corinthians 8:6---King James Version (KJV)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

1 Timothy 2:5--King James Version (KJV)
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Ephesians 4:4-6--King James Version (KJV)
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And where do we find the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost constituting the "one God" of the Biblical NT?

Quite to the contrary--God the Son was separated out from the "one God" of the Biblical NT:

6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Isaiah 43:10 (KJV)
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 43:10 (KJV)
Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I have attempted to engage the critics here on that very scripture.

So--how is it, that very God--God the Son--Jesus Christ--was separated out from the "one God" of the Biblical NT:

And God the Son, and the Biblical writers---claimed God the Son had a God and Father also?

1 Peter 1:3---King James Version (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

John 20:17---King James Version (KJV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Ephesians 1:17---King James Version (KJV)

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Hebrews 1:9---King James Version (KJV)
9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Would you care to engage that--and explain that to us?

Personally--I believe Jesus Christ made the claim He did in Isaiah 43:10 because of the different gods which were being worshipped, and established the point that He was the only God which one could obtain eternal life through.

So--if Jesus Christ really was the only God--then how could this be true?

John 10:34-35--King James Version
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Wasn't that the very God which testified in Isaiah 43:10?

One is going to have to come up with a reasonable explanation for that, IMO. Taint so!!! argument ae neither convincing nor compelling.

He's 1/3 of the trinity which is the only God.

He wasn't made into, became or exalted as a god.

“You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.'

Contradicts:

“If we should take a million of worlds like this and number their particles, we should find that there are more Gods than there are particles of matter in those worlds.”

- Apostle Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, v. 2, p. 345, February 18, 1855

“You are My witnesses,” says the LORD, “And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me.'

Contradicts:

“If we should take a million of worlds like this and number their particles, we should find that there are more Gods than there are particles of matter in those worlds.”

- Apostle Orson Pratt, Journal of Discourses, v. 2, p. 345, February 18, 1855
Yes, the mormons do have quite a contradiction to dance around.

Father and Son are different Persons, but one God. Simple.

He's 1/3 of the trinity which is the only God.

Could you explain how Jesus Christ is the "only God"--and yet, God the Son was separated out from the "one God" of the Biblical NT?

And God the Son, and the Biblical writers---claimed God the Son had a God and Father also?

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Anyone care to engage these testimonies?

And further still--

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

He wasn't made into, became or exalted as a god.

Then your claim is--- Jesus Christ wasn't a "god" before He was exalted by His God and Father?

Acts 5:30-31---King James Version
30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Father and Son are different Persons, but one God. Simple.

Not so simple, Bonnie--in light of the Biblical testimonies which witness God the Son is separated out from the "one God" of the Biblical NT:

Where do we find any specific reference to the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost constituting the "one God" within the Biblical NT?

"One"--as in-- unity, yes. "One"-- as in --the same, no.

There is a Trinity within the Godhead--but no Trinitarian theology, as we find today.

Yes, the mormons do have quite a contradiction to dance around.

The two step may begin here:

Revelation 3:21---King James Version
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

The two step may begin here:

Revelation 3:21---King James Version
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Notice the little "g" in gods? That means something.

Notice the little "g" in gods? That means something.

It means ancient Greek does not have both upper and lower case lettering.

So--how would your case be made--considering this definition:

polytheistic--Merriam Webster

:
of, relating to, or characterized by polytheism : believing in or worshiping multiple gods

Where do we find a capitol "G" there?

It means ancient Greek does not have both upper and lower case lettering.

So--how would your case be made--considering this definition:

polytheistic--Merriam Webster

:
of, relating to, or characterized by polytheism : believing in or worshiping multiple gods

Where do we find a capitol "G" there?
Are you equating those little g gods as equal to the big G God?

Are you equating those little g gods as equal to the big G God?

I'm equating any form of gods--little or big--with being in direct contradiction to the claims of the critics here.

IOW--that man may become gods is not consistent with the theology of the critics here--it tears at the fabric of that theology.

It does nothing to LDS theology.

And again--separating out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT--is another point of concern--which the critics here refuse to specifically address:

Anyone care to engage these testimonies?

What is the difference between a mormon big God and little god?

That might vary, depending on who you ask.

So--care to engage my points here?

"I'm equating any form of gods--little or big--with being in direct contradiction to the claims of the critics here.

IOW--that man may become gods is not consistent with the theology of the critics here--it tears at the fabric of that theology.

And again--separating out God the Son from the "one God" of the Biblical NT--is another point of concern--which the critics here refuse to specifically address:

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

That might vary, depending on who you ask.

So--care to engage my points here?

"I'm equating any form of gods--little or big--with being in direct contradiction to the claims of the critics here.

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."
You never mentioned who the little g gods are.

Back