The Sin Fallacy that God cannot look upon it !

G

guest1

When we look at the bible it never says nor imply God cannot look upon sin and in fact its just the opposite.

1-Is God Omnipresent ?
2-Did God dwell among sinners in the Incarnation ?
3-Did God pursue the sinner adam when he sinned and sought him out in the garden before he made his excuses and blamed God for the women He gave to him ?
4- Did God appear to Abraham the liar, the sinner in Genesis 18 ?
5- Did God leave David when he sinned ?
6- Did the Glorified Immortal, Immutable, Incorruptible, Holy Divine Son appear to Saul on Damascus who was a mass murderer of Christians ?
7- Did Jesus pursue the sinning Peter who denied Him post Resurrection ?
8- Did God turn His back on the Holy One, the 2nd Person of the Trinity art the cross ? no
9- Did God allow satan into His presence in heaven to make a deal over Job ? yes
10- God is a friend of sinners as is clear from both testaments and God is Immutable. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

hope this helps !!!

God is so so good just found this from Got ?

In the book of Habakkuk, the prophet says to God, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil” (Habakkuk 1:13, CSB). This does not mean that God must close His eyes or turn His back when people start to sin. It is, rather, a recognition of God’s righteous character and, in context, part of a larger discussion of God’s methods in dealing with sin.

Habakkuk begins with a series of questions directed to God. Habakkuk saw the sin and degradation gripping the nation and took his concerns to the Lord. Who today can read this lament and not see the same questions so many are even now asking of God?:
“How long, Lord, must I call for help,
but you do not listen?
Or cry out to you, “Violence!”
but you do not save?
Why do you make me look at injustice?
Why do you tolerate wrongdoing?
Destruction and violence are before me;
there is strife, and conflict abounds.
Therefore the law is paralyzed,
and justice never prevails.
The wicked hem in the righteous,
so that justice is perverted” (Habakkuk 1:1–4).

Habakkuk saw the people of God wallowing in sin, but he was at a loss as to why the wicked prospered and the righteous suffered. Why was God so tolerant of wrongdoing? Like Job, Habakkuk questioned God’s seemingly slow response to right wrongs. Would the violence never end? Whatever happened to justice?

God responds to Habakkuk by revealing His plan to use the Chaldean nation to conquer Judah and thus punish the evildoers (Habakkuk 1:5–11). This answer caused Habakkuk even more distress, and he again questioned God. The Chaldeans (or Babylonians) were even more wicked and debauched than the Israelites. How could God use a wicked nation like that to judge His people (verses 13–17)? Why would He allow “the wicked [to] swallow up those more righteous than themselves?” (verse 13). Does He approve of their sin?

It’s in this context that the perplexed prophet says, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing” (Habakkuk 1:13). The key to understanding this statement is found in the parallelism of the poetry. “To look on” is parallel with “tolerate.” Habakkuk is pointing to God’s holiness and saying, “You are too holy to look favorably on evil.”

We use a similar expression today. Our English word countenance can mean “face” or “look,” and it can also mean “to sanction or approve of.” When someone says, “I cannot countenance that behavior,” he or she is expressing disapproval of that behavior. In similar fashion, when Habakkuk says of God, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil,” he means that God’s holy nature guarantees that He will not sanction sin. God cannot “look” upon wickedness with favor—so, the prophet asks, why would He allow the Babylonians to overrun Judah?

God is still omniscient and omnipresent, so He knows about sin, and He is present when it’s committed. He does not wink at sin or turn a blind eye to it. He sees it, and, as Habakkuk rightly asserts, He cannot see it favorably. What bothered the prophet is that, in using the Babylonians to punish Judah, God seemed to be countenancing the Babylonians’ idolatry, violence, and greed. God assures His prophet in chapter 2 that the sins of Babylon will not be tolerated, either. The Chaldeans were dispatched as God’s instrument to judge the wickedness of Judah, and the Chaldeans’ own sin will also be judged. But judgment will come in God’s time and in His way.

Confusion over the idea that God’s eyes are too pure to look on evil has led some to believe that, when a Christian sins, the Holy Spirit leaves him or her because the Holy Spirit cannot “look” upon sin. But that would contradict the Bible’s teaching that believers have been “sealed” by the Holy Spirit, the “deposit guaranteeing our inheritance” (Ephesians 1:13–14; cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22). The Holy Spirit dwells inside Christians; although He is grieved by our sin (Ephesians 4:30), He does not abandon us. The key is that our sin is paid for by Jesus and fully forgiven. God cannot tolerate sin, and that is why He sent His Son “to destroy the devil’s work” (1 John 3:8).

hope this helps !!!

he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. (Rev 14:10 ESV)
There is a distinction to be made which you are missing. Wrath falls upon the wicked who are not Gods chosen. Notice who I mentioned in the OP.

Wrath falling upon the wicked I completely agree with dizerner. But the Righteous are still sinners and they sin but their sins are covered by Christ. Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound ? May it never be but when we do sin we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous.

Do you agree ?

If someone asks a question, we should provide an answer as " Christians " since the bible tells us to do so.

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

2 Timothy 2:23-26
Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Romans 16:17
I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

hope this helps !!!

The trust David has, which is also prophetically seen in Jesus, is only more evident as we read on. There is a plea for God to deliver, followed by a significant declaration of God’s faithful character—that he will respond to this cry for help.

19 But you, Lord, do not be far from me.
You are my strength; come quickly to help me.
20 Deliver me from the sword,
my precious life from the power of the dogs.
21 Rescue me from the mouth of the lions;
save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

22 I will declare your name to my people;
in the assembly I will praise you.
23 You who fear the Lord, praise him!
All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!
Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!
24 For he has not despised or scorned
the suffering of the afflicted one;
he has not hidden his face from him
but has listened to his cry for help.

Did you catch the last verse? David writes that God “has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one.” (Psalm 22:24) Not only that, but God “has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.”

God did not despise Jesus on the cross, in fact, He did not even hid his face. This directly and forcefully contradicts any notion that God turned His face away from Jesus during the crucifixion. David, inspired by the Holy Spirit, says that God has not hidden his face from Jesus at all.

Did God Turn Away From Jesus on the Cross?

The NET Bible translates Heb 1:13 as

You are too just to tolerate evil; you are unable to condone wrongdoing.

With the note that....

"are too pure of eyes.” God’s “eyes” here signify what he looks at with approval. His “eyes” are “pure” in that he refuses to tolerate any wrongdoing in his presence."
Ditto

Jesus did not reject the company of tax collectors or prostitutes' and he is God
According to some His anger and wrath was upon them dishing out retribution. On a quick lunch break :)

In the book of Habakkuk, the prophet says to God, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil” (Habakkuk 1:13, CSB). This does not mean that God must close His eyes or turn His back when people start to sin. It is, rather, a recognition of God’s righteous character and, in context, part of a larger discussion of God’s methods in dealing with sin.

Habakkuk begins with a series of questions directed to God. Habakkuk saw the sin and degradation gripping the nation and took his concerns to the Lord. Who today can read this lament and not see the same questions so many are even now asking of God?:
but you do not listen?
but you do not save?

Habakkuk saw the people of God wallowing in sin, but he was at a loss as to why the wicked prospered and the righteous suffered. Why was God so tolerant of wrongdoing? Like Job, Habakkuk questioned God’s seemingly slow response to right wrongs. Would the violence never end? Whatever happened to justice?

God responds to Habakkuk by revealing His plan to use the Chaldean nation to conquer Judah and thus punish the evildoers (Habakkuk 1:5–11). This answer caused Habakkuk even more distress, and he again questioned God. The Chaldeans (or Babylonians) were even more wicked and debauched than the Israelites. How could God use a wicked nation like that to judge His people (verses 13–17)? Why would He allow “the wicked [to] swallow up those more righteous than themselves?” (verse 13). Does He approve of their sin?

It’s in this context that the perplexed prophet says, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing” (Habakkuk 1:13). The key to understanding this statement is found in the parallelism of the poetry. “To look on” is parallel with “tolerate.” Habakkuk is pointing to God’s holiness and saying, “You are too holy to look favorably on evil.”

We use a similar expression today. Our English word countenance can mean “face” or “look,” and it can also mean “to sanction or approve of.” When someone says, “I cannot countenance that behavior,” he or she is expressing disapproval of that behavior. In similar fashion, when Habakkuk says of God, “Your eyes are too pure to look on evil,” he means that God’s holy nature guarantees that He will not sanction sin. God cannot “look” upon wickedness with favor—so, the prophet asks, why would He allow the Babylonians to overrun Judah?

God is still omniscient and omnipresent, so He knows about sin, and He is present when it’s committed. He does not wink at sin or turn a blind eye to it. He sees it, and, as Habakkuk rightly asserts, He cannot see it favorably. What bothered the prophet is that, in using the Babylonians to punish Judah, God seemed to be countenancing the Babylonians’ idolatry, violence, and greed. God assures His prophet in chapter 2 that the sins of Babylon will not be tolerated, either. The Chaldeans were dispatched as God’s instrument to judge the wickedness of Judah, and the Chaldeans’ own sin will also be judged. But judgment will come in God’s time and in His way.

Confusion over the idea that God’s eyes are too pure to look on evil has led some to believe that, when a Christian sins, the Holy Spirit leaves him or her because the Holy Spirit cannot “look” upon sin. But that would contradict the Bible’s teaching that believers have been “sealed” by the Holy Spirit, the “deposit guaranteeing our inheritance” (Ephesians 1:13–14; cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22). The Holy Spirit dwells inside Christians; although He is grieved by our sin (Ephesians 4:30), He does not abandon us. The key is that our sin is paid for by Jesus and fully forgiven. God cannot tolerate sin, and that is why He sent His Son “to destroy the devil’s work” (1 John 3:8).

hope this helps !!!
Bump for @Ladodgers6

When we look at the bible it never says nor imply God cannot look upon sin and in fact its just the opposite.

1-Is God Omnipresent ?
3-Did God pursue the sinner adam when he sinned and sought him out in the garden before he made his excuses and blamed God for the women He gave to him ?
6- Did the Glorified Immortal, Immutable, Incorruptible, Holy Divine Son appear to Saul on Damascus who was a mass murderer of Christians ?
8- Did God turn His back on the Holy One, the 2nd Person of the Trinity art the cross ? no
9- Did God allow satan into His presence in heaven to make a deal over Job ? yes
10- God is a friend of sinners as is clear from both testaments and God is Immutable. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

hope this helps !!!
?

but you do not listen?
but you do not save?

hope this helps !!!
??

4 You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

1-Is God Omnipresent ?

hope this helps !!!

I think verses that refer to this mean that sin is something that can only be experienced from a first person experience or from the point of view of a sinner. And whereas God is without sin, then sin doesn't affect God like it affects us. I think that He can't even see it, because sin is something that only affects sinners. It is like believing lies about yourself, they are not even true but they can still destroy you if you believe them. Why is a addict addicted? They are addicts because they believe that they are addicts. And the minute that one stops believing they are a addict, then they are no longer an addict.

I think verses that refer to this mean that sin is something that can only be experienced from a first person experience or from the point of view of a sinner. And whereas God is without sin, then sin doesn't affect God like it affects us. I think that He can't even see it, because sin is something that only affects sinners. It is like believing lies about yourself, they are not even true but they can still destroy you if you believe them. Why is a addict addicted? They are addicts because they believe that they are addicts. And the minute that one stops believing they are a addict, then they are no longer an addict.
Since Jesus is God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity then God can see sin , look at sin , forgive sin, be with sinners etc….

God dies not look upon sin as in Habakkuk “ favorably “ is the point. His allowed satan in His presence to make a deal with Job.

So the God idea that He cannot look on sin if have sin in His presence is a fallacy .

hope this helps !!!

Since Jesus is God, the 2nd Person of the Trinity then God can see sin , look at sin , forgive sin, be with sinners etc….

God dies not look upon sin as in Habakkuk “ favorably “ is the point. His allowed satan in His presence to make a deal with Job.

So the God idea that He cannot look on sin if have sin in His presence is a fallacy .

hope this helps !!!

Yes. My point was that He just doesn't see it in the same way we do, but He certainly deals with it on our behalf doesn't He.

Yes. My point was that He just doesn't see it in the same way we do, but He certainly deals with it on our behalf doesn't He.
Yes he forgives it

s. 55:7 let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him,
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
2Chr. 7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Ezek. 18:21 ¶ “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die.
Ezek. 18:22 None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live.
Ezek. 18:23 Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord GOD, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?
Ezek. 33:14 Again, though I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ yet if he turns from his sin and does what is just and right,
Ezek. 33:15 if the wicked restores the pledge, gives back what he has taken by robbery, and walks in the statutes of life, not doing injustice, he shall surely live; he shall not die.
Ezek. 33:16 None of the sins that he has committed shall be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he shall surely live.

Mic. 7:18 ¶ Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity
and passing over transgression
for the remnant of his inheritance?
He does not retain his anger forever,
because he delights in steadfast love.
Neh. 9:17 They refused to obey and were not mindful of the wonders that you performed among them, but they stiffened their neck and appointed a leader to return to their slavery in Egypt. But you are a God ready to forgive, gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and did not forsake them.
Psa. 86:5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Jer. 31:34 And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the LORD. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Jer. 33:8 I will cleanse them from all the guilt of their sin against me, and I will forgive all the guilt of their sin and rebellion against me.
Jer. 36:3 It may be that the house of Judah will hear all the disaster that I intend to do to them, so that every one may turn from his evil way, and that I may forgive their iniquity and their sin.”
Jer. 50:20 In those days and in that time, declares the LORD, iniquity shall be sought in Israel, and there shall be none, and sin in Judah, and none shall be found, for I will pardon those whom I leave as a remnant.
Matt. 6:12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
Matt. 6:14 ¶ For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
Matt. 6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Luke 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to question, saying, “Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?”
1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Eph. 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

because of Christ atoning sacrifice he can be righteous in so doing

Romans 3:25-26 (KJV)
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

You may want to rethink that last part.

Being addicted to alcohol or heroin is an extremely physical addiction. It's not something you believe or don't believe. Denying your addicted is the best way to guarantee your Going to stay addicted. Coming to grips with the fact that your addicted is step one in your recovery. You keep telling yourself your no longer an addict and you'll never get clean.

Then there's detox. At the 48 hour mark, you might feel like you have a fever; you may feel extremely hot and you could start to sweat excessively and start to vomit. At this phase, you might suffer from auditory or visual hallucinations and the shakes.

Detox is a serious physical part of recovery and it can be deadly. You can detox from a lot of other drugs without medical supervision, but alcohol is definitely not one of them. The seizures you can suffer from alcoholism can sometimes result in death.

Detox if done correctly over a period of time is only the beginning of recovery. Then you have to look at the rest of your life one day at a time. Most people relapse within the first year because they lie to themselves and believe there are no longer addicted and they pick up that first drink or shot of heroin and immediately there transported right back to were they left off.

Last edited:
Back