Thoughts on Trump, Hillary, and corruption.

squirrelyguy

For the Trump enthusiasts who are certain that Hillary is corrupt but Trump isn't, let me ask you this: why didn't Trump's DOJ ever prosecute Hillary? Did they lack a case? Did they lack the political will? If they lacked political will, did Trump also lack the political will to demand that his own appointees do his bidding? After all, he pledged repeatedly during the 2016 campaign that he would make sure Hillary was prosecuted. Why didn't he follow through?

If Hillary really is as corrupt as is claimed (and I'm fairly confident that she is), then I can think of only one reason why Trump never followed through on prosecuting her. He himself is just as corrupt, and he saw more value in using her as leverage in the future against Democrats if they ever wanted to bring him to account for his own crimes. He really thought that if he passed on prosecuting Hillary, then he could play by the same rules and never be prosecuted. He was wrong, tragically wrong...but he has nobody to blame but himself.

For the Trump enthusiasts who are certain that Hillary is corrupt but Trump isn't, let me ask you this: why didn't Trump's DOJ ever prosecute Hillary? Did they lack a case? Did they lack the political will? If they lacked political will, did Trump also lack the political will to demand that his own appointees do his bidding? After all, he pledged repeatedly during the 2016 campaign that he would make sure Hillary was prosecuted. Why didn't he follow through?

If Hillary really is as corrupt as is claimed (and I'm fairly confident that she is), then I can think of only one reason why Trump never followed through on prosecuting her. He himself is just as corrupt, and he saw more value in using her as leverage in the future against Democrats if they ever wanted to bring him to account for his own crimes. He really thought that if he passed on prosecuting Hillary, then he could play by the same rules and never be prosecuted. He was wrong, tragically wrong...but he has nobody to blame but himself.
Simply because there are powerful people(more powerful than Trump) that financed her campaign that are protecting her and every other past president. They are ALL corrupt in different degrees.

The elections/system are corrupt and therefore so are the politicians.

Simply because there are powerful people(more powerful than Trump) that financed her campaign that are protecting her and every other past president. They are ALL corrupt in different degrees.

The elections/system are corrupt and therefore so are the politicians.
And those powerful people were even in Trump's DOJ? Why didn't he fire them and appoint others?

The president is just a head figure with no real power. The DOJ like everything else serves the elites.
The President has the power to fire at will any political appointee, which includes the Attorney General. The only federal employees that he cannot fire at will are competitive service employees, or employees of the legislative or judicial branches. If that's not real power, I don't know what is! All he had to do was say to his AG, "Indict Hillary or I will find someone who will."

I believe you're seeing more 3-D Chess in this than actually exists.

Whether Clinton is corrupt or not, only a conviction is going to establish the corruption as fact. Demanding that the DOJ indict her will fail massively if she's found innocent, or if the conviction is tossed out, or if the indictment is dismissed. Thus, the real decider as to whether prosecution will/should be pursued is whether the justice system thinks it can prove the corruption in a court of law.

Trump had advisors capable of telling him what would happen if the indictment flopped.

That's why she was never prosecuted.

EDIT: in my opinion, of course.

Whether Clinton is corrupt or not, only a conviction is going to establish the corruption as fact. Demanding that the DOJ indict her will fail massively if she's found innocent, or if the conviction is tossed out, or if the indictment is dismissed. Thus, the real decider as to whether prosecution will/should be pursued is whether the justice system thinks it can prove the corruption in a court of law.

Trump had advisors capable of telling him what would happen if the indictment flopped.

You also have to have a convincing case to present to a grand jury to get the indictment in the first place, and it is likely they did not have a strong enough case.

The president is just a head figure with no real power. The DOJ like everything else serves the elites.
Pertaining to this matter of classified documents, Presidents do have the power to declassify.
SENATOR Biden did not. VP Pence did not.

President Biden doesn't have the authority to classify previously declassified documents to spring a trap for Trump.

Or......

If they charged "Hillary"..... then they would be FORCED to charge many others....Trump has always been isolated. They believe they can charge him and no one of any meaningful value to THEM... will care.

Trump lied about charging her because he was in the "fight of his life"..... HIS ENTIRE PRESIDENCY....

You also have to have a convincing case to present to a grand jury to get the indictment in the first place, and it is likely they did not have a strong enough case.

"convincing"? Nonsense. Indictment only require get SOMEONE to believe that something is more like than not. Which is a rather LOW threshold.

Pertaining to this matter of classified documents, Presidents do have the power to declassify.
SENATOR Biden did not. VP Pence did not.

President Biden doesn't have the authority to classify previously declassified documents to spring a trap for Trump.
It is not relevant that the documents were classified. What is relevant is that they belong to the govt not Trump, and that some of them contain information that could compromise our national security and/or the safety of our sources.

Or......

If they charged "Hillary"..... then they would be FORCED to charge many others....Trump has always been isolated. They believe they can charge him and no one of any meaningful value to THEM... will care.

Trump lied about charging her because he was in the "fight of his life"..... HIS ENTIRE PRESIDENCY....
Sure, if they charged Hillary for using a private server, then they should also charge GWB and multiple people in the Trump WH for doing the same thing.

Sure, if they charged Hillary for using a private server, then they should also charge GWB and multiple people in the Trump WH for doing the same thing.
Did Hillary do anything wrong by using a private server for government documents?

The President has the power to fire at will any political appointee, which includes the Attorney General. The only federal employees that he cannot fire at will are competitive service employees, or employees of the legislative or judicial branches. If that's not real power, I don't know what is! All he had to do was say to his AG, "Indict Hillary or I will find someone who will."
And he will say no, get fired and the elites will give him a great severance package for their service! Money talks!

Did Pence listen?

You think because a president appoints an Attorney General it was his pick? Lmao. He has to be connected to the establishment.

America is run by think tanks and beaurocracies that have been around much longer than any president.

Last edited:

There's more than enough evidence to convict Hilary and every other presidents, even though they have armies of lawyers protecting them. The problem is they wont allow it to go to court. I guess Trump no longer has the elite's protection so they are turning on him.

There's more than enough evidence to convict Hilary
This is obviously a lie.

If there was more than enough evidence, she'd be being convicted, or would have been declared Guilty by now.

Neither has happened, and to all appearances, neither will happen in the foreseeable future.

Back