Tyranny

treeplanter

I am regularly accused, by a well known CARM Christian, of being tyrannical
{Hitler, even!}

The basis on which this poster makes the above accusation is because I disagree with him and regularly tell him, within the context of trying to convince him to change his mind, that he is wrong

However, a tyrant doesn't merely disagree and endeavor by means of reasoning to affect a change in another's thinking
{which is what I do}
A tyrant, by definition, attempts to FORCE others to change their thinking

Tyrants threaten non-conformers with some sort of punishment
{prison/torture/death/etc}
Something that I have never done!

Something that is antithetical to my very existence

I realize that we disagree on a great many issues, but I am, nonetheless, asking the Christians who frequent this board to come to my aid and correct the poster who fallaciously labels me a tyrant

Stiggy, I know you, for one, know better
Will you say so on my behalf?

Maybe Steve is so fed up with reading the thousands upon thousands of repetitive posts from you over the years which unjustly and scurrilously accuse the infinitely gracious and loving Creator of the universe, Jesus Christ, of being a tyrant, that he has decided to give you a taste of your own toxicity.

Do I think you are a tyrant? No. One will seldom find a boring tyrant.

Maybe Steve is so fed up with reading the thousands upon thousands of repetitive posts from you over the years which unjustly and scurrilously accuse the infinitely gracious and loving Creator of the universe, Jesus Christ, of being a tyrant, that he has decided to give you a taste of your own toxicity.

Do I think you are a tyrant? No. One will seldom find a boring tyrant.
Hmm...a simple "no, Steve is wrong, you're not a tyrant" would have sufficed

That said, so, I have, in your estimation, accused Jesus of being a tyrant?
Examples?

Examples?

So "consciously and purposefully inflicting needless harm" on someone is not a tyrannical act?

What conscious and purposeful infliction of needless harm have I attributed to Jesus?

So you DON'T think the Christian God believed on by Christians is guilty of "consciously and purposefully inflicting needless harm?"

Then who exactly has been the subject of this 16,000+ repeated mantra of yours over the years? Buddha? Hare Krishna? Soupy Sales?

So you DON'T think the Christian God believed on by Christians is guilty of "consciously and purposefully inflicting needless harm?"

Then who exactly has been the subject of this 16,000+ repeated mantra of yours over the years? Buddha? Hare Krishna? Soupy Sales?

Very weird. The post you made in between my last two posts has disappeared. I don't recall anything you said that the MODs would have a problem with. It was just you asking me for examples.

edited to add: I recovered the content of your missing post. It was:

Examples?

Nothing worthy of censoring. Weird.

Last edited:
{Hitler, even!}

The basis on which this poster makes the above accusation is because I disagree with him and regularly tell him, within the context of trying to convince him to change his mind, that he is wrong

However, a tyrant doesn't merely disagree and endeavor by means of reasoning to affect a change in another's thinking
{which is what I do}

I realize that we disagree on a great many issues, but I am, nonetheless, asking the Christians who frequent this board to come to my aid and correct the poster who fallaciously labels me a tyrant

Has forgotten God doesn't exist. ^^^

{Hitler, even!}

{which is what I do}

The problem here manifold.

1- you repeat the same old things over and over and over and over and................... and over again.
In spite of your having been explained, repeatedly, you just don't learn.
I used to think you simply didn't understand that you're wrong. But now I think the problem is that you don't know how to reason clearly.
2- telling me that I'm wrong because I agree with YHVH's Word on the topics you discuss isn't the problem.
It's refusing to listen when I explain why I'm not wrong.
At which point you fall back into your repetitive routine.
Stiggy is correct.
You've become boring.
3- the tyrant thing is because you don't know when to stop. You're actually more like a child in the playground, a bully who needs to win at all costs, ultimately driving away any other children who previously wanted to play with you.
4- You act like everyone needs to agree with you, and if they don't, and are no longer concerned about your disagreement, you keep pestering, pushing, and generally acting like a mule. Indeed, your entire tactic is that you're entitled to win, and any disagreement will not be tolerated, on any level.
5- in all this, you've become tyrannical. Playground bully works too. Spoiled, rotten, brat.

I for one have no need, nor interest in dealing with this.
So.... in spite of repeatedly explaining this on various occasions and in various ways, you've killed any interest in experiencing your tirades.

So, congratulations!
In demanding that you be allowed to act in the manner you are, you've driven away those who thought you might be serious about learning the truth.

The problem here manifold.

1- you repeat the same old things over and over and over and over and................... and over again.
In spite of your having been explained, repeatedly, you just don't learn.
I used to think you simply didn't understand that you're wrong. But now I think the problem is that you don't know how to reason clearly.
2- telling me that I'm wrong because I agree with YHVH's Word on the topics you discuss isn't the problem.
At which point you fall back into your repetitive routine.
Stiggy is correct.
You've become boring.
3- the tyrant thing is because you don't know when to stop. You're actually more like a child in the playground, a bully who needs to win at all costs, ultimately driving away any other children who previously wanted to play with you.
4- You act like everyone needs to agree with you, and if they don't, and are no longer concerned about your disagreement, you keep pestering, pushing, and generally acting like a mule. Indeed, your entire tactic is that you're entitled to win, and any disagreement will not be tolerated, on any level.
5- in all this, you've become tyrannical. Playground bully works too. Spoiled, rotten, brat.

I for one have no need, nor interest in dealing with this.
So.... in spite of repeatedly explaining this on various occasions and in various ways, you've killed any interest in experiencing your tirades.

So, congratulations!
In demanding that you be allowed to act in the manner you are, you've driven away those who thought you might be serious about learning the truth.

I think your analysis of the Arborist is spot-on. Adults can't reason with a spoiled rotten playground bully/brat. They can only hope he grows out of it.

As do you

I have listened, Steve
I have seen and heard your 'explanations' ad infinitum

Can you not understand that I continue to tell you that you are wrong because I disagree with your explanations?

3- the tyrant thing is because you don't know when to stop.
Wrong again, Steve

Tyranny is NOT not knowing when to stop telling another that you disagree/they are wrong - tyranny is attempting to FORCE another to change

Even stiggy can understand this

Congratulations - you are describing yourself/YHVH!

Are you not continually pestering and pushing others to adopt your viewpoint?
Does not God feel entitled to win and any disagreement with Him be met with an eternity of suffering and torment?

5- in all this, you've become tyrannical. Playground bully works too.
Nope

Once again, a tyrant is not one who attempts to convince others to change their minds
A tyrant is one who attempts to FORCE others to change their minds

And if I am a bully for attempting to convince you to change your mind then YOU ARE TOO because you are doing the EXACT SAME THING!

Last edited:
As do you
Yep. What YHVH says is Truth.
What you say are lies.

I have listened, Steve
I have seen and heard your 'explanations' ad infinitum
Must be painful to listen to the truth on a daily basis, while constantly choosing to perish.

Can you not understand that I continue to tell you that you are wrong because I disagree with your explanations?
I understand perfectly that you disagree with my explanations.
That doesn't make you right.
It just means that you're dedicated to destroying yourself. And you're doing so with great alacrity.

Wrong again, Steve
Must really suck to know that you're working so hard to get others to capitulate with your ......... , and failing so miserably.

Tyranny is NOT not knowing when to stop telling another that you disagree/they are wrong - tyranny is attempting to FORCE another to change
sounds like you're living in another reality. Considering that you continue to dedicate yourself to your deliberate and willful ignorance, I'm thinking that your opinion is irrelevant.

Even stiggy can understand this
Then go talk to stiggy.
But, more importantly, why would I need their approval to have my opinions, experiences, knowledge, awareness and understanding?

Congratulations - you are describing yourself/YHVH!
I recognize that you need to make blasphemy part of your daily routine, but you really have no clue what you're doing.
Are you not continually pestering and pushing others to adopt your viewpoint?
Considering that YHVH has been inviting people to choose life, and not death since Adam and Eve, why would you think his people would want to see others die in their sin?

Does not God feel entitled to win and any disagreement with Him be met with an eternity of suffering and torment?
????‍♂️
That's the curious thing about being the creator.
If you don't want to have anything to do with him, he won't force you to.
As that means you are excluding yourself from living in a paradise forever, you leave yourself with the only other option.
It's quite gruesome and painful.
YHVH however won't be there to instigate any torture.
He'll leave you alone with your own devices, biases, beliefs, and an eternity of regret.
So, since you're demanding he leave you alone, what makes you think that you deserve to live with someone you hate so much?
You're clearly a confused person who actually likes being confused.

Yep.
Playground bully is exactly what you have been doing for years.
It gets old, and all the other children simply no longer enjoy playing with you.

Once again, a tyrant is not one who attempts to convince others to change their minds
A tyrant is one who attempts to FORCE others to change their minds
You really should look more closely at what you have been doing.

And if I am a bully for attempting to convince you to change your mind then YOU ARE TOO because you are doing the EXACT SAME THING!
You offer nothing that appeals to me.
You're a dead man begging others to die with.... for you.

{Hitler, even!}
Quit shaving the ends of your mustache off man, that'll help.
Repentance is toward God Almighty, not towards Man AlLowly.
{which is what I do}
Hmm. What is the test for tyrant? Maybe you are, or would be given sufficient power? Plenty of atheistic type governments have existed, what were they like, how would you differ?

Wrong again, Steve

The reality is that tyranny, despite your claims to the contrary, IS NOT attempting to CONVINCE another to change
The reality is that tyranny IS attempting to FORCE another to change

If you weren't such a spoiled brat / playground bully who needs desperately to win at all costs - you'd realize that this thread is about nothing more than the definition of tyranny and spare us all the incessant proselytizing
The cross of Jesus is my win.

What's yours?

The cross of Jesus is my win.

What's yours?
Thank you for proving me right, Steve

If you weren't such a spoiled brat / playground bully who needs desperately to win at all costs - you'd acknowledge that you are in error when you call me a tyrant

Instead, you continue to proselytize

Thank you for proving me right, Steve

If you weren't such a spoiled brat / playground bully who needs desperately to win at all costs - you'd acknowledge that you are in error when you call me a tyrant
The cross of Jesus is still my win, and your failure to actually provide anything beyond your whining about being exposed for what you are shows that you remain dedicated to destroying yourself.

Instead, you continue to proselytize
Well, Jesus did come to save sinners, and call them to repentance.
So, why would I not?

The cross of Jesus is still my win
The eternal life that you believe you've won has come at a cost, Steve
Independence and integrity are far more precious than eternal life

and your failure to actually provide anything beyond your whining about being exposed for what you are shows that you remain dedicated to destroying yourself.
I've provided plenty, Steve

I have provided the template by which the human race {yourself included} differentiate between good and evil

That you choose to suppress our/your own better judgement in favor of automatically changing your mind to agree with God's word shows that you remain dedicated to destroying yourself

Well, Jesus did come to save sinners, and call them to repentance.
So, why would I not?
Why you shouldn't continue to proselytize to those who have heard it and reject it?
Because it makes you the same desperate to win, spoiled brat / playground bully that you accuse me of being

This OP is about the definition of the word tyranny - not whether one should or should not accept Jesus

You are seemingly incapable of addressing the issue at hand because you are SOO very desperate to be right!

Here, now, a typical evening at SteveB's house

Mrs. B:

"Steve, I asked you to bring home the two-ply toilet paper. This is one-ply"

Steve:

"Heb 10:10-14
by which will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 Every priest indeed stands day by day serving and offering often the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins, 12 but he, when he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God, 13 from that time waiting until his enemies are made the footstool of his feet. 14 For by one offering he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

Col 2:8-15
Be careful that you don’t let anyone rob you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the elemental spirits of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him all the fullness of the Deity dwells bodily, 10 and in him you are made full, who is the head of all principality and power. 11 In him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the sins of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 You were dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh. He made you alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 wiping out the handwriting in ordinances which was against us. He has taken it out of the way, nailing it to the cross. 15 Having stripped the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

Last edited:
Back