What do LDS Apostles and Prophets actually do?

Did you watch the video or portion I suggested. That is the topic.

The church is all over the place in regard to leadership. For sure, no doubt, there are gaps and uncertainties in who is driving the bus in regard to the different nuances of the church.

The essays, or "Gospel Topic's Essays" were written by "scholars." Are you telling me that scholars know more about the Book of Abraham, and also called prophets, seers, revelators, and apostles. Are you saying Christ lead the scholars?

Are you implying that the GA can't teach the full truths about the first visions, or make a firm statement why there was so much racism in church doctrine, and just maybe own it?

Well in regard to the "intricacies" (truth claims) that are salvational? I 1000% disagree, millions have left the church or bailed out, an dit is not getting better because of the very false and miss leading truth claims of the church. Many many folks want answers, not from a bunch of scholars that are all over the place, but from the very leaders that claim to well, lead the church and hold the keys. People leave the church because of the lack of answers and of lack full or correct answers from those so called living mortal apostles and prophets.

I watched most of the talks at GC over the weekend....and I was amazed how void they were of substance, it was basically for the most part adult primary. I be Elder Nelson was mentioned more than Jesus. The sister that is in relief society spoke for what about 15 minute +- and she basically spoke on the importance of wearing church sanctioned underwear. Oaks, most likely the next "prophet" also did, and maybe the most profound and prophetic statement I heard from the conference was that they, the "Garment," is no longer for protection, that they serve only as a sacred covenant reminder. I plan to do a thread on the talks once the transcripts are released.

Point being you can say what you did above all day long, but that is just a talking point. When step out of that talking point, there is no real spiritual leadership, there have been so many lies and cover ups, and sweeping under the rug that no matter what they say, there is almost always a negative truth that contradict their statement. As an example is the "garment" talks this past week end. How many times have we heard stories and inspirational teachings about how the "Garment " is for protection. I would love to hear Magdalena's opinion here. I have heard many stories like bodies bein burned in a plane crash accept for wear the garments are, or bullets bouncing off....so many stories like these, even by GA's.

DB....many folks see this and just are not buying it. It would be great if you stared a thread on this subject.

Did you watch the video, it is pro Mormon so don't worry about any anti influence.
If it was that easy Markk, why would God tell JS one has to work at receiving revelation and answers...

D&C 9

1 Behold, I say unto you, my son, that because you did not translate according to that which you desired of me, and did commence again to write for my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., even so I would that ye should continue until you have finished this record, which I have entrusted unto him.

2 And then, behold, another record have I, that I will give unto you power that you may assist to translate.

3 Be patient, my son, for it is wisdom in me, and it is not expedient that you should translate at this present time.

4 Behold, the work which you are called to do is to write for my servant Joseph.

5 And, behold, it is because that you did not continue as you commenced, when you began to translate, that I have taken away this privilege from you.

6 Do not murmur, my son, for it is wisdom in me that I have dealt with you after this manner.

7 Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.

8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

9 But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me.

10 Now, if you had known this you could have translated; nevertheless, it is not expedient that you should translate now.

11 Behold, it was expedient when you commenced; but you feared, and the time is past, and it is not expedient now;

12 For, do you not behold that I have given unto my servant Joseph sufficient strength, whereby it is made up? And neither of you have I condemned.

13 Do this thing which I have commanded you, and you shall prosper. Be faithful, and yield to no temptation.

14 Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you, and a hair of your head shall not be lost, and you shall be lifted up at the last day. Amen.

Last edited:
This is not a public or regular building, this is the Temple of God, where we all are given clothes to wear.... nice try.
Except all true Christians are the TRUE Temple of God, a holy house to Him, and we have the best "clothes" of all to wear--we wear the robes of righteousness given to us by God Himself, through faith in Jesus Christ.

So your "try" falls flat on its face. Your "temples" are whitewashed tombs, filled with dead works done to a false god in the name of a false Christ, Satan's brother, a creature, a fallen angel who is totally wicked. What an abysmally low Christology your church has, Richard, to its great shame. :(

Except all true Christians are the TRUE Temple of God, a holy house to Him, and we have the best "clothes" of all to wear--we wear the robes of righteousness given to us by God Himself, through faith in Jesus Christ.

So your "try" falls flat on its face. Your "temples" are whitewashed tombs, filled with dead works done to a false god in the name of a false Christ, Satan's brother, a creature, a fallen angel who is totally wicked. What an abysmally low Christology your church has, Richard, to its great shame. :(
Chuckle ....

“The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
“And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

“The refusal to attend the king’s feast was a deliberate [act of] rebellion against … royal authority and a personal indignity against both the reigning sovereign and his son. … The turning away by one man to his farm and by another to his [business interests]”9 reflects their misguided priorities and total disregard of the king’s will.

The parable continues:

“Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

“Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

“So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

The custom in those days was for the host of a wedding feast—in this parable, the king—to provide garments for the wedding guests. Such wedding garments were simple, nondescript robes that all attendees wore. In this way, rank and station were eliminated, and everyone at the feast could mingle as equals.

People invited from the highways to attend the wedding would not have had the time or means to procure appropriate attire in preparation for the event. Consequently, the king likely gave guests the garments from his own wardrobe. Everyone was given the opportunity to clothe themselves in garments of royalty.

As the king entered the wedding hall, he surveyed the audience and immediately noticed that one conspicuous guest was not wearing a wedding garment. The man was brought forward, and the king asked, “Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. In essence, the king asked, “Why are you not wearing a wedding garment, even though one was provided for you?

The man obviously was not dressed properly for this special occasion, and the phrase “And he was speechless” indicates that the man was without excuse.

Elder James E. Talmage provides this instructive commentary about the significance of the man’s actions: “That the unrobed guest was guilty of neglect, intentional disrespect, or some more grievous offense, is plain from the context. The king at first was graciously considerate, inquiring only as to how the man had entered without a wedding garment. Had the guest been able to explain his exceptional appearance, or had he any reasonable excuse to offer, he surely would have spoken; but we are told that he remained speechless. The king’s summons had been freely extended to all whom his servants had found; but each of them had to enter the royal palace by the door; and before reaching the banquet room, in which the king would appear in person, each would be properly attired; but the deficient one, by some means had entered by another way; and not having passed the attendant sentinels at the portal, he was an intruder.

A Christian author, John O. Reid, noted that the man’s refusal to wear the wedding garment exemplified blatant “disrespect for both the king and his son.” He did not simply lack a wedding garment; rather, he chose not to wear one. He rebelliously refused to dress appropriately for the occasion. The king’s reaction was swift and decisive: “Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The king’s judgment of the man is not based primarily upon the lack of a wedding garment—but that “he was, in fact, determined not to wear one. The man … desired the honor of attending the wedding feast, but … did not want to follow the custom of the king. He wanted to do things his own way. His lack of proper dress revealed his inner rebellion against the king and his instructions.

Elder David Bednar

If it was that easy Markk, why would God tell JS one has to work at receiving revelation and answers...

D&C 9

1 Behold, I say unto you, my son, that because you did not translate according to that which you desired of me, and did commence again to write for my servant, Joseph Smith, Jun., even so I would that ye should continue until you have finished this record, which I have entrusted unto him.

2 And then, behold, another record have I, that I will give unto you power that you may assist to translate.

3 Be patient, my son, for it is wisdom in me, and it is not expedient that you should translate at this present time.

4 Behold, the work which you are called to do is to write for my servant Joseph.

5 And, behold, it is because that you did not continue as you commenced, when you began to translate, that I have taken away this privilege from you.

6 Do not murmur, my son, for it is wisdom in me that I have dealt with you after this manner.

7 Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.

8 But, behold, I say unto you, that you must study it out in your mind; then you must ask me if it be right, and if it is right I will cause that your bosom shall burn within you; therefore, you shall feel that it is right.

9 But if it be not right you shall have no such feelings, but you shall have a stupor of thought that shall cause you to forget the thing which is wrong; therefore, you cannot write that which is sacred save it be given you from me.

10 Now, if you had known this you could have translated; nevertheless, it is not expedient that you should translate now.

11 Behold, it was expedient when you commenced; but you feared, and the time is past, and it is not expedient now;

12 For, do you not behold that I have given unto my servant Joseph sufficient strength, whereby it is made up? And neither of you have I condemned.

13 Do this thing which I have commanded you, and you shall prosper. Be faithful, and yield to no temptation.

14 Stand fast in the work wherewith I have called you, and a hair of your head shall not be lost, and you shall be lifted up at the last day. Amen.
God didn’t tell Joseph Smith anything.

Chuckle ....

“The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,
“And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.

“The refusal to attend the king’s feast was a deliberate [act of] rebellion against … royal authority and a personal indignity against both the reigning sovereign and his son. … The turning away by one man to his farm and by another to his [business interests]”9 reflects their misguided priorities and total disregard of the king’s will.

The parable continues:

“Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.

“Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.

“So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.

The custom in those days was for the host of a wedding feast—in this parable, the king—to provide garments for the wedding guests. Such wedding garments were simple, nondescript robes that all attendees wore. In this way, rank and station were eliminated, and everyone at the feast could mingle as equals.

People invited from the highways to attend the wedding would not have had the time or means to procure appropriate attire in preparation for the event. Consequently, the king likely gave guests the garments from his own wardrobe. Everyone was given the opportunity to clothe themselves in garments of royalty.

As the king entered the wedding hall, he surveyed the audience and immediately noticed that one conspicuous guest was not wearing a wedding garment. The man was brought forward, and the king asked, “Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. In essence, the king asked, “Why are you not wearing a wedding garment, even though one was provided for you?

The man obviously was not dressed properly for this special occasion, and the phrase “And he was speechless” indicates that the man was without excuse.

Elder James E. Talmage provides this instructive commentary about the significance of the man’s actions: “That the unrobed guest was guilty of neglect, intentional disrespect, or some more grievous offense, is plain from the context. The king at first was graciously considerate, inquiring only as to how the man had entered without a wedding garment. Had the guest been able to explain his exceptional appearance, or had he any reasonable excuse to offer, he surely would have spoken; but we are told that he remained speechless. The king’s summons had been freely extended to all whom his servants had found; but each of them had to enter the royal palace by the door; and before reaching the banquet room, in which the king would appear in person, each would be properly attired; but the deficient one, by some means had entered by another way; and not having passed the attendant sentinels at the portal, he was an intruder.

A Christian author, John O. Reid, noted that the man’s refusal to wear the wedding garment exemplified blatant “disrespect for both the king and his son.” He did not simply lack a wedding garment; rather, he chose not to wear one. He rebelliously refused to dress appropriately for the occasion. The king’s reaction was swift and decisive: “Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The king’s judgment of the man is not based primarily upon the lack of a wedding garment—but that “he was, in fact, determined not to wear one. The man … desired the honor of attending the wedding feast, but … did not want to follow the custom of the king. He wanted to do things his own way. His lack of proper dress revealed his inner rebellion against the king and his instructions.

Elder David Bednar
Chuckle, Richard this parable has nothing to do with what kind of clothes one is supposed to wear to worship services on Sunday. If you truly knew the Bible, you would know that.

What I wrote stands. When Jesus comes again, people will be doing all sorts of mundane things--like getting dirty from working. Some indeed may be wearing Hawaiian shirts and sandals--or nothing at all, if they are bathing or sleeping! But Jesus is not going to care one bit what we are clothed with on the outside when He comes again at the Last Day. He will be much more concerned with what we are "wearing" on the INSIDE--whether or not we are clothed with GOD'S righteousness, which He gives freely to all believers by grace through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord--which is what the wedding garments in the parable represent. Or do you really think the parable is about how to dress for church services?

Chuckle, Richard this parable has nothing to do with what kind of clothes one is supposed to wear to worship services on Sunday. If you truly knew the Bible, you would know that.

You miss the point, the garments given to those at the marriage they were all the same, indicating we are all equal in the sight of God.

What I wrote stands. When Jesus comes again, people will be doing all sorts of mundane things--like getting dirty from working. Some indeed may be wearing Hawaiian shirts and sandals--or nothing at all, if they are bathing or sleeping! But Jesus is not going to care one bit what we are clothed with on the outside when He comes again at the Last Day. He will be much more concerned with what we are "wearing" on the INSIDE--whether or not we are clothed with GOD'S righteousness, which He gives freely to all believers by grace through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord--which is what the wedding garments in the parable represent. Or do you really think the parable is about how to dress for church services?
HIs coming has nothing to do with Judgement day as I pointed out in the scriptures.... I think the parable indicates that at the wedding or Kingdom of heaven, we will be given garments to those who were invited... invited to what? His kingdom here on earth, the one true church of God or Jesus Christ... we who belong to his Kingdom here on earth eagerly wear those garments in anticipation of partaking with great joy the blessing of His True Gospel... the Plan of Happiness or Plan of Salvation...

D&C 9

LOL, Ralf what does what you wrote have to do with what I wrote to DB? Please explain, please.

Did you watch the video? Again it is pro Mormon.

Which video, I watched two so far
LOL the one in which I pasted by Gardner that is the topic you are responding to, which you obviously have no idea what it is? I would give you the post # but it is the OP!!!! Ralf. Please focus.

You miss the point, the garments given to those at the marriage they were all the same, indicating we are all equal in the sight of God.

HIs coming has nothing to do with Judgement day as I pointed out in the scriptures.... I think the parable indicates that at the wedding or Kingdom of heaven, we will be given garments to those who were invited... invited to what? His kingdom here on earth, the one true church of God or Jesus Christ... we who belong to his Kingdom here on earth eagerly wear those garments in anticipation of partaking with great joy the blessing of His True Gospel... the Plan of Happiness or Plan of Salvation...
I missed no point, Richard, but you sure did. And yes, the Second Coming is Judgment day. The day of Resurrection--some to judgment and some to eternal life.

Again, when Jesus comes again, He won't be looking at our outward appearance, but at our hearts, and whether or not we are "clothed" spiritually with HIM.

I missed no point, Richard, but you sure did. And yes, the Second Coming is Judgment day. The day of Resurrection--some to judgment and some to eternal life.

Again, when Jesus comes again, He won't be looking at our outward appearance, but at our hearts, and whether or not we are "clothed" spiritually with HIM.
Well now I know what you teach, but the Scriptures teach something else....

Back