What do you see as the distinction between deity and the Godhead?

Yahchristian

1) TRUE or FALSE?

Jesus is deity incarnate.

2) TRUE or FALSE?

Jesus is the Godhead incarnate.

3) TRUE or FALSE?

Jesus is a member of the Trinity incarnate.
1) TRUE.
2)FALSE.
3)FALSE. The SON is a member of The Trinity.

So………. TRINITARIANS……….

1) What do you see as the distinction between deity and the Godhead?

2) What do you see as the distinction between deity and a member of the Trinity?

If there was God in heavens and Jesus on earth, they are not one person, but two different persons with two different positions ... and two different names.

Rev. 3:12 The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God (...) and my own new name.
... 14:1 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

Yes, sir.

If there was God in heavens and Jesus on earth, they are not one person, but two different persons with two different positions ... and two different names.

Rev. 3:12 The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God (...) and my own new name.
... 14:1 Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads.

Yes, sir.
Strawman. NO ONE has said The Father and Son are one Person.

So………. TRINITARIANS……….

1) What do you see as the distinction between deity and the Godhead?

2) What do you see as the distinction between deity and a member of the Trinity?
The following article reveals the use of different Greek terms to relate to something "divine" :

In the Christian Greek Scriptures, certain words derived from the·osʹ (god) appear and relate to that which is divine. The related words theiʹos, thei·oʹtes,and the·oʹtes occur at Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, Colossians 2:9, and 2 Peter 1:3, 4.

In the whole article you can learn some details on the meaning of each of those terms and how they are used in the Bible. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200001201

I am not aware of what Greek term Trinitarians interpret as "Godhead", since it sounds like a new invention to me that I never read in the Bible before. Most likely it is not a direct translation of the text but a modern Trinitarian interpretive version to their own liking of certain Greek word.

Last edited:
Of course it is:

Jehovah is the Father of Jesus,
Jesus is the Son of Jehovah.

John 8:54 Jesus answered: “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, the one who you say is your God. 55 Yet you have not known him, but I know him. And if I said I do not know him, I would be like you, a liar. But I do know him and am observing his word.

Godhead is applied by Trinitarians to something that does not exist: unknown substance that divides into three ...

That thing is not GOD. God is the Father of Jesus, and Jesus is the Son of God.

So, what image comes to the Trinitarian brain when they think of "Godhead"?
Perhaps a being with three heads, an invisible spirit that becomes three things?

Nothing of that is real. It is a figment of the Trinitarian imagination.

I agree there is NO distinction between deity and the Godhead.

Ummm… so please post your final answers…

1) TRUE or FALSE? (You initially said TRUE.)

Jesus is deity incarnate.

2) TRUE or FALSE? (You initially said FALSE.)

Jesus is the Godhead incarnate.
1)True.
2)False.
Next question....................

4 persons in the Trinitarian "Godhead", because they got two jesuses.
May be 5, because they are leaving out the spirit of Jesus. If the spirit of God the Father is one person, the spirit of Jesus should be another ne.

5 persons ... case closed.

Well, 6 for Catholics, with the mother of God. Now it's closed.

Is this what the concept GODHEAD means to trinitarians? ... a sack where you put every thing you think is "divine"?

Last edited:
4 persons in the Trinitarian "Godhead", because they got two jesuses.
May be 5, because they are leaving out the spirit of Jesus. If the spirit of God the Father is one person, the spirit of Jesus should be another ne.

5 persons ... case closed.

Well, 6 for Catholics, with the mother of God. Now it's closed.

Is this what the concept GODHEAD means to trinitarians? ... a sack where you put every thing you think is "divine"?
Your strawmen close the case on your head.
Sheer emotionalism.

What is your distinction between the Godhead and God Himself ???
God refers to The BEING.
Godhead refers to The Divine nature, i.e. Divinity.

Just to verify you saw the question concerned the precise terms “the Godhead” and “God Himself”…

You are saying…

“God Himself” refers to The BEING.
“the Godhead” refers to The Divine nature, i.e. Divinity.

Correct?

Just to verify you saw the question concerned the precise terms “the Godhead” and “God Himself”…

You are saying…

“God Himself” refers to The BEING.
“the Godhead” refers to The Divine nature, i.e. Divinity.

Correct?
Correct.
Next question.....................

Back