What happens after death?

There is no science that has been done to determine what happens to the person that died/what happens after death?
Well, I guess not, but all of the things that give rise to us being alive stop working so absent any other evidence, the natural conclusion is just that, we stop working.

There is no science that has been done to determine what happens to the person that died/what happens after death?
I believe there is a scientific committee currently in operation that peer reviews NDE accounts formally. Pretty sure Gary Habermas sits on it, or did.

I believe there is a scientific committee currently in operation that peer reviews NDE accounts formally. Pretty sure Gary Habermas sits on it, or did.
I'm all for scientific study of NDE. We should also remember that ND ≠ D. We don't have any examples of someone actually, truly, fully, dead that has come back to tell us about it (except for one particularly notable but contested historical case - hee-hee).

This may have already been discussed here, but what happens after death?
The body decomposes into simpler compounds and/or becomes food for other living things (plants, fungi, microbes, animals). The universe and/or life goes on.

It took 13.7 billion years for the universe to produce life in us. I think given vast amounts of time (or a new state of the universe in timeless time) there is a lot of potential life (maybe even eternal life) left in the universe. Theoretically, if we were produced once then we can be produced again. That is the premise behind the “resurrection.”

The body decomposes into simpler compounds and/or becomes food for other living things (plants, fungi, microbes, animals). The universe and/or life goes on.

It took 13.7 billion years for the universe to produce life in us. I think given vast amounts of time there is a lot of potential life left in the universe. Theoretically, if we were produced once then we can be produced again. That is the premise behind the “resurrection.”
Thanks for your honest response. I have learned though that not all bodies decompose.

I'm all for scientific study of NDE. We should also remember that ND ≠ D. We don't have any examples of someone actually, truly, fully, dead that has come back to tell us about it (except for one particularly notable but contested historical case - hee-hee).
Well, if you're going to take that line, it would be several notable but contested cases :)

But in the cases they're reviewing, it doesn't matter all that much whether it's true to say ND/=D, or not, as the reports are beyond both ND and D. Interesting stuff....

@dingoling.

Probably oblivion. It's a scientific question, and science does not show credible evidence for an afterlife.

Plato made the argument that the soul is essentially alive, and an essence completely excludes its opposite, so the soul cannot die. Take that for whatever it's worth.

@dingoling.

Probably oblivion. It's a scientific question, and science does not show credible evidence for an afterlife.

Plato made the argument that the soul is essentially alive, and an essence completely excludes its opposite, so the soul cannot die. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Do you believe that there is more than just our physical bodies? Is there a sole/spirit? Thanks.

Back