When did elohim, the Mormon god, die?

Janice Bower

Of ourselves we can do nothing. As Jesus said: “Verily, verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do; for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.” [John 5:19.] He came into this life to do the will of his Father, and not his own will. Our desire and determination should be the same. When things come up that require an exertion on our part, we should bring our wills into subjection to the will of the Father, and feel to say, what is the will of our Father, whom we are here in the world to serve? Then every act that we perform will be a success. We may not see its success today or tomorrow, nevertheless it will result in success.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/teachings-of-presidents-of-the-church-lorenzo-snow/chapter-11-i-seek-not-mine-own-will-but-the-will-of-the-father?lang=eng

"President Wilford Woodruff explained: [God]has had his endowments a great many years ago. He has ascended to his thrones, principalities and powers in the eternities. We are his children. . . .We are here to fill a probation and receive an education." (Deseret News Weekly. 28 Sept. 1881, p. 546).
Search These Commandments, pp. 152-153.

"Thus Mormon leaders heap insult upon insult upon God the Father as they seek to turn Him into just one of many self-exalted men. He supposedly not only passed through all the experiences of of mortal life including death and resurrection, but has had to pass through the Mormon temple endowment and marriage services just as all Mormon men do!"

Thelma Geer, Mormonism, Mama & Me! p. 56

"Thus Mormon leaders heap insult upon insult upon God the Father as they seek to turn Him into just one of many self-exalted men. He supposedly not only passed through all the experiences of of mortal life including death and resurrection, but has had to pass through the Mormon temple endowment and marriage services just as all Mormon men do!"

Thelma Geer, Mormonism, Mama & Me! p. 56

You may remember me recounting this before, but years ago I was in a 10-year-long email exchange with a Mormon who originallly lived in California but moved to Utah.

We gave each other gifts, and I once found a copy of "Mormonism, Mama & Me!" at a used bookstore. I actually thought it was a pro-Mormon book. Lest any Mormon think my rejection of Mormonism was based on anything. iread in the book, I had already long before concluded that Mormonism was false based on the Bible (polytheism vs. only one god, faith only vs "obedience" required, and many other Scriptural teachings I've listed here many times.

But it's an interesting book where I learned many things, including the Mormon belief of Quaker-like men living on the Sun and the Moon, believed by (at least) Joseph, Brigham, and Oliver Huntington. The Apollo 11 landing was apparently a huge disappointment for many when Armstrong found it barren of life.

Granny Geer autographed my copy when I met her. I mistakenly referred to John D. Lee as her grandfather; I believe he was her great-grandfather.

Back