When when sin, how do we discern our relationship to God?

christ_undivided

The Arminian position creates instability in a person's relationship with God. The Arminian position postulates that sinning believers lose their relationship with God. This is contrary to the Scriptures. This is evidenced by the Scriptural teaching of Chastening.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

If sin, immaturity, and training are assured for believers, then how can the Arminian position be accurate? Throughout our never ending relationship with God, we are continually chastened by God as sons.

The very proof of our relationship with God is the fact that He punishes/corrects us when we sin.

The Arminian position creates instability in a person's relationship with God. The Arminian position postulates that sinning believers lose their relationship with God. This is contrary to the Scriptures. This is evidenced by the Scriptural teaching of Chastening.

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

If sin, immaturity, and training are assured for believers, then how can the Arminian position be accurate? Throughout our never ending relationship with God, we are continually chastened by God as sons.

The very proof of our relationship with God is the fact that He punishes/corrects us when we sin.
And why does God Chasten those who do not continue to go on Sinning?

Last edited:
I consider this to be rejecting the Gospel.

Well, it's not what Scripture says it is, it's accounting the works of the Holy Spirit evil when you know full well they are not. You have to know with 100% certainty they are done by God and still count them evil. People treat their theology like a little jigsaw puzzle and try to fit it together instead of just looking at what it says.

I would say that an unpardonable sin is a sin for which God will no longer offer repentence. Not forgiving someone is pardonable.

The Bible says if you don't forgive you won't be forgiven. If you change your mind and forgive or struggle to forgive, you are not persisting in unforgiveness. That's not "not forgiving" someone, it's struggling with the sin.

I would say that an unpardonable sin is a sin for which God will no longer offer repentence. Not forgiving someone is pardonable.

I amazed that so many people babble on pondering what that unpardonable sin might be - as if it is some kind of mystery........

....... when what it is, is plainly stated.

Back