Where does Jesus say to follow the Roman Catholic Church

First we have rcs who don't understand that Hebrews is the word of God. They seem to think it will contradict Jesus' words.

John 1:14

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus will not contradict Himself and He is the word.

The first things some RCs do to prove their false beliefs is throw God's word under the bus eg it contains errors, it is only the originals that are inspired and so on.

The gospel is in God's word and yet they do not understand what that message is.

Next they talk about love and do not understand the meaning of agape love. Jesus is clear love your enemies.

They do not understand scriptural repentance, they think it is penance.

They cannot show us the RCC in scripture, this is because the RCC does not follow Jesus and loves power.

because we don't want to lie
Translated: because Catholics don't want to disagree with what their church has been teaching them for hundreds of years--without a shred of proof from the Bible. But it is LIE that Jesus made Peter the head of the church--and spare me the supposed proof-text from Matthew 16, I think it is, as it is nothing of the kind, as we have demonstrated on here numerous times, by going to the Greek, and also by Paul's writings.

So, sorry, it IS a lie and unfortunately, Catholics have fallen for that lie hook, line, bait, sinker, and boat--all to justify their unscriptural papacy.

The apostles saw Jesus alone as their leader.
Very true! I was just making the point that at some time after the Apostle John's death, Jesus' warning to the church (as seen in Revelation) did take place, and, rather than repenting, the people elected a "shepherd" for themselves. 😢 And that "shepherd" turned out to be grey, and furry, and had l-o-n-g teeth.

Very true! I was just making the point that at some time after the Apostle John's death, Jesus' warning to the church (as seen in Revelation) did take place, and, rather than repenting, the people elected a "shepherd" for themselves. 😢 And that "shepherd" turned out to be grey, and furry, and had l-o-n-g teeth.
No your point was noted. I was just emphasis the leader was and still is Jesus.

Yep your point reminds me of the Israelites demanding a king, when they had God. Humans never change really, unless they repent and have Jesus as their master.

If there is only one true gospel, tell us what it is.
Since you have not been here that long, I will tell you what it is.

ROMANS 5:
8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!
10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

1 COR 15:

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

This is something that rc's do not do. They boast in their man made religion.

One again showing how much h they are similar to the Jews. Remember when God gave the Jews Saul to the them as the king that they desired so much to be like the rest of the world?

One again showing how much h they are similar to the Jews. Remember when God gave the Jews Saul to the them as the king that they desired so much to be like the rest of the world?
There is nothing wrong with being one of remnant, they obeyed God. However, the RCC is nothing like the Jewish people but very much like their false prophets, bad leaders - pharisees and sadducees. Jesus gave the real church Himself as leader, so you are so right they got false popes.

The apostles saw Jesus alone as their leader.
This is true. I remember what Paul wrote, about people who said "I am of Apollos" or "I am of Paul"! Remember? Interesting that he didn't mention Peter in this passage in 1 Corinthians 3...isn't it? IF Peter had truly been the spiritual head of the entire first century church, then why did no one apparently say "I am of Peter"?

Back