While Jesus was incarnate...what was God the Father doing?

Just because He had a glorious body before 2000 years ago, it DOES NOT mean that God was a human before the world was created!

Jesus had to exist before "all things" in order for "all things" to be created by him.

Colossians 1:16... For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I do not include the supernatural and spacetime of this universe in "all things" in heaven and in earth.

Spacetime was just the "canvas" where "all things" were created.

God the Father was in the heavens doing what ever he pleased.

Psalm 115:3... But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

So TRINITARIANS, what is YOUR answer...

1) While Jesus was incarnate...what was God the Father doing?

2) While Jesus was incarnate...was God the Son in the heavens?

P.S.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Here is an expanded overview of what I believe...

For this creation, GOD (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how GOD would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal GOD (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas GOD created a spirit and soul for each of us, GOD himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Note: English Bibles and I use GOD (all caps) to represent the underlying Hebrew word is Yahweh (a proper name) rather than Elohim (a title).
He was doing what He had always been doing: upholding the universe.

Jesus had to exist before "all things" in order for "all things" to be created by him.

Colossians 1:16... For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

I do not include the supernatural and spacetime of this universe in "all things" in heaven and in earth.

Jesus, The Son of God existed before all things.

No Jesus as has been proven has existed for only the last 2'000 or so years and it was the Word (not Jesus) that things were created through.

Indeed, Jesus The MAN has existed for 2,020 years or so.

Jesus the MAN said...

John 8:58... Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Or...

Did Jesus the GOD get Jesus the MAN to say something for him?

Something that would be a lie if Jesus the MAN said it.

Jesus the MAN said...

John 8:58... Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Or...

Did Jesus the GOD get Jesus the MAN to say something for him?

Something that would be a lie if Jesus the MAN said it.

It doesn't mean He existed as a man... it means He's the One God..

I understand what you are saying so I am not asking you to explain your view.

But I am curious...

Which statement best describes you?

A) You know the orthodox Trinitarian view is that the Word has ALWAYS been omnipresent, but you DISAGREE.
B) You know the orthodox Trinitarian view is that the Word has NOT always been omnipresent, and you AGREE.
C) You DON'T KNOW and don't care what the orthodox Trinitarian view is.
none of the above.

Jesus with his mortal body prayed...

John 17:5... And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

So this is what he had before the world was and regained at his resurrection...

Philippians 3:21... Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

I do NOT believe Jesus was created.

Unitarians believe the spirit and soul of Jesus was CREATED and then "adopted" and Trinitarians believe the spirit and soul of Jesus was CREATED and then "assumed".

I believe...

"Whereas Yahweh created a spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself BECAME the spirit and soul of Jesus."

In other words, the spirit and soul of Jesus is a morphe (Greek) of God rather than a creation of God.

Philippians 2:6... Who, being in the morphe (Greek) of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

What do YOU believe...

Was the spirit and soul of Jesus created?

P.S. I guess my overview in post #1 was not clear enough.
- I believe "Jesus" and "the Son of God" are names for Yahweh incarnate.
- I believe Yahweh (while remaining transcendent) also became incarnate the instant he created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe.
- Yahweh became incarnate 6,000+ years ago. He was not incarnate before Genesis 1:1.
- Yahweh incarnate walked with Adam, wrestled with Jacob, stood in the furnace, etc.

Okay, so..........

1) When Jacob wrestled the man, did he say "I have seen God face to face"?

2) Was Jesus with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the furnace?

Jesus with his mortal body prayed...

John 17:5... And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

So this is what he had before the world was and regained at his resurrection...

Philippians 3:21... Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

I do NOT believe Jesus was created.

Unitarians believe the spirit and soul of Jesus was CREATED and then "adopted" and Trinitarians believe the spirit and soul of Jesus was CREATED and then "assumed".

I believe...

"Whereas Yahweh created a spirit and soul for each of us, Yahweh himself BECAME the spirit and soul of Jesus."

In other words, the spirit and soul of Jesus is a morphe (Greek) of God rather than a creation of God.

Philippians 2:6... Who, being in the morphe (Greek) of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

What do YOU believe...

Was the spirit and soul of Jesus created?

P.S. I guess my overview in post #1 was not clear enough.
- I believe "Jesus" and "the Son of God" are names for Yahweh incarnate.
- I believe Yahweh (while remaining transcendent) also became incarnate the instant he created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe.
- Yahweh became incarnate 6,000+ years ago. He was not incarnate before Genesis 1:1.
- Yahweh incarnate walked with Adam, wrestled with Jacob, stood in the furnace, etc.

Okay, so..........

1) When Jacob wrestled the man, did he say "I have seen God face to face"?

2) Was Jesus with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the furnace?

There is nothing in scripture about Yahweh becoming incarnate when the universe was created, so this is pure human speculation. It also contradicts rationality and scripture. Rationality in that there was a real conception in Luke 1:35 and this is the basis for his humanity Galatians 4:4. According to your logical God was manifested in the flesh before any person was around to see him manifested. Also, Philippians 2 indicates he took on the form of a servant and died for our sins. There is no mention of eons of time before Bethlehem when he had a glorified human body. It's odd to think of a glorified human to be transformed into a human zygote and then be born as a baby. You have sort of a reincarnation thing going on in your Christology. And why? So you have someone you know who wrestled with Jacob or was in the fiery furnace?

There is a much simpler and plain answer for who Jacob wrested with... an angel or a temporary manifestation of God. Same with the furnace. A good rule of thumb is not to read into a passage a complex scenario when a simpler and biblical explanation is sufficient. You so know that God is omnipotent and not limited to a body but can manifest his glory any way he wants do. That is the prerogative for someone who is omnipotent.

Last edited:
There is a much simpler and plain answer for who Jacob wrested with... an angel or a temporary manifestation of God. Same with the furnace. A good rule of thumb is not to read into a passage a complex scenario when a simpler and biblical explanation is sufficient.

The passage plainly says...

Genesis 32:24... And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

Genesis 32:30... And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

So I believe Jacob saw God incarnate as a man face to face.

To believe Jacob wrestled an angel would be reading something into the passage.

So what do YOU believe...

1) Did Jacob wrestle a man?

If you say Yes...

2) Was that man God?

The passage plainly says...

Genesis 32:24... And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.

Genesis 32:30... And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

So I believe Jacob saw God incarnate as a man face to face.

To believe Jacob wrestled an angel would be reading something into the passage.

So what do YOU believe...

1) Did Jacob wrestle a man?

If you say Yes...

2) Was that man God?

It says in Hosea he wrestled an angel.

Back