WHO made this promise?

Ummm... maybe you could post your answer.

Are you seriously UNABLE to post your answer to the question !!!

Specifically WHO made that promise in Joel 2:28?

It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh..."
Joel 2:28
I've already presented you with the scripture. Shall I stop by your house and present it by hand?

J
This is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel: "And it shall be in the last days,’ God says, "That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh..."
Acts 2:16-17

It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh..."
Joel 2:28

Specifically WHO made that promise in Joel 2:28?

And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.
Luke 24:49

Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father which you heard of from me for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you...
Acts 1:4-8

Therefore having been exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured out this which you both see and hear.
Acts 2:33

So WHO, specifically, made that promise at Joel 2:28 saying, "I will pout out My Spirit." WHO? What did Jesus say? Specifically WHO is speaking at Joel 2:8 and making this promise?

Trinitarians, do you have the courage to provide an honest answer today? You have three verses which provide the answer? Do you think you can answer the question?

The question is, specifically WHO made that promise at Joel 2:28?
The honest answer is the Son is not the Father, but the Father is YHWH. Therefore, the Son is not YHWH. Jesus isn't God. It's easy and we already know this, but getting a Trinitarian to be honest is harder than pulling teeth.

And who would that be? Father? Son? Holy Spirit? Did Jesus say? Or do you not care what he said?
Verse 28 contains...."and that I am the LORD your God "

It uses two words as part of that verse...430. elohim (God)....and....3068. Yhvh....(LORD)

Now, as to which of the 3 of the Godhead actually said it so Joel could write it down or if Joel wrote it down speaking for all 3 of the Godhead I don't know.

But, if you were to ask Tommy, I think he might answer back that Joel was speaking of Jesus. After all Tommy did identify Jesus as "my Lord and my God". Then again some people are bigger doubters than Tommy and will be required by their broken doctrine to disagree.

Verse 28 contains...."and that I am the LORD your God "

It uses two words as part of that verse...430. elohim (God)....and....3068. Yhvh....(LORD)

Now, as to which of the 3 of the Godhead actually said it so Joel could write it down or if Joel wrote it down speaking for all 3 of the Godhead I don't know.

... even though Jesus explicitly tells you who is speaking. Isn't that interesting?

Last edited:
Check Acts 3:13 and Exodus 3:14,15. Is Jesus the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob?

Acts 3
13The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.
I have. It was the Word who was God that became flesh...who is Jesus....speaking from the burning bush.

That is your personal theology.

Is Jesus the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob based on Acts 3:13?
The answer is yes.

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Prior to God the Word becoming flesh He was glorified as read about in John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.....then there was the kenosis....when Jesus the Word who was equal to and being God emptied Himself...and was found in the form of a man, a servant (Phil 2:5-11) then God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names because the servant Jesus humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.

It's more than my personal theology.

13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus.

Prior to God the Word becoming flesh He was glorified as read about in John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed.....then there was the kenosis....when Jesus the Word who was equal to and being God emptied Himself...and was found in the form of a man, a servant (Phil 2:5-11) then God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names because the servant Jesus humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross.
Who did God exalt? Did God exalt God? Does God NEED to be exalted?

Back