Whose Witness will you receive?

The thing is, Provisionists do the Math of Theology, with only the Even Numbers/Verses of the Bible. The Odd Numbers/Verses are; just Odd to them...

There is no one who does Good, no, not One. What should we conclude then? All are under Sin...

Your Prevenient Faith is under Sin...
Yes it goes back to your thread on filthy rag faith.
I think you two may need to clarify, rather, make it crystal clear from Scripture what "filthy rag faith" is. They aren't getting the point. I understand the concept, but exegeted Scripture needs to be presented supporting it.

If not, the ridicule and misunderstanding from anti-Calvinists will continue. Well, lol, that will always continue, nonetheless clarity will solidify your case.

I think you two may need to clarify, rather, make it crystal clear from Scripture what "filthy rag faith" is. They aren't getting the point. I understand the concept, but exegeted Scripture needs to be presented supporting it.

If not, the ridicule and misunderstanding from anti-Calvinists will continue. Well, lol, that will always continue, nonetheless clarity will solidify your case.
Filthy rag faith is believing in a christ that does not exist. I think they understand what we are saying, but are ignoring it.

In it's simplest form, filthy rag faith is faith before regeneration.

Filthy rag faith is believing in a christ that does not exist. I think they understand what we are saying, but are ignoring it.

Or that a gospel or christ does not exist from what you are saying but ignoring .

If you have no faith you have no regeneration according to scripture, and no Christian will follow you into that error.—->
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faithit is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, andthat he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

If you have no faith you have no regeneration according to scripture, and no Christian will follow you into that error.—->
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faithit is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, andthat he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Their faith is not their own and as they say it’s a filthy rag faith .

Unchecked Copy Box
^^^ This argument has to be one of the most lame and disingenuous arguments I've seen to date on any forum.

All Calvinists believe the text of Hebrews 11:6.

The fact remains we were made alive (regenerated) while dead in trespasses; Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:13.

If you weren't regenerated while dead in trespasses, all you have is mental assent to facts. This is why John 3:7 is true, and needs to be solemnly considered.

Biblical faith is supernatural, it comes from the word of Christ, and thus isn't inherent; Romans 10:17. It is also from the same power that raised Christ; Ephesians 1:19; Colossians 2:12. By that same power we truly believe.

Forgive me for assuming, but I think this is what @ReverendRV and @eternomade are getting at.

Lastly, the point I present shows two things, my position shows salvation is 100% of God. In the anti-Calvinist position, salvation is not 100% of God. It is humanism garbed as gospel. Its faith is from man, inherent, and is mere mental assent to facts.

^^^ This argument has to be one of the most lame and disingenuous arguments I've seen to date on any forum.

All Calvinists believe the text of Hebrews 11:6.

The fact remains we were made alive (regenerated) while dead in trespasses; Ephesians 2:5, Colossians 2:13.

If you weren't regenerated while dead in trespasses, all you have is mental assent to facts. This is why John 3:7 is true, and needs to be solemnly considered.

Biblical faith is supernatural, it comes from the word of Christ, and thus isn't inherent; Romans 10:17. It is also from the same power that raised Christ; Ephesians 1:19; Colossians 2:12. By that same power we truly believe.

Forgive me for assuming, but I think this is what @ReverendRV and @eternomade are getting at.

Lastly, the point I present shows two things, my position shows salvation is 100% of God. In the anti-Calvinist position, salvation is not 100% of God. It is humanism garbed as gospel. Its faith is from man, inherent, and is mere mental assent to facts.
I'm done for today with the board. I did reply to you about filthy rag faith but I'm not going to reply to others who are disingenuous.

Where has anyone even hinted that we don't have to do as God requires?
When faith and belief is called filthy rags , which contradicts Hebrews 11:6 what else would you call it ? Post #143 said In it's simplest form, filthy rag faith is faith before regeneration, which contradicts Hebrews 11:6 which says those that come to God must “ believe” that He is.

When faith and belief is called filthy rags , which contradicts Hebrews 11:6 what else would you call it ? Post #143 said In it's simplest form, filthy rag faith is faith before regeneration, which contradicts Hebrews 11:6 which says those that come to God must “ believe” that He is.
Sigh...Hebrews 11:6 isn't a "how to get born-again" proof text.

I hear you, all that isn't getting old, it's already old. Do you think my post accurately represents what we are saying, you and rev as well?
Yes we agree.

Yes a dead man cannot see or hear truth.

Yes it is. Although I do agree that faith is a mental ascent to facts, it is only by the Spirit the one has faith. There are people out there who believe facts about Christ, but their heart is dead. God has not changed them.

My point is that faith outside of the Spirit is still faith, but it is a work of man, rather than God. This is why I have attempted to show the law of faith in Romans 3, compared to the law of works.

Yep.

Where has anyone even hinted that we don't have to do as God requires?
Hebrews 11:6 says to go to God you must believe He is. Romans 11:3 says whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I don’t see anyone waiting around doing nothing in scripture to be saved that is a theology of men not God

Where? Link me to anyone that has said this....and no, post 143 isn't saying this.
Post #143 Filthy rag faith is believing in a christ that does not exist. I think they understand what we are saying, but are ignoring it.

In it's simplest form, filthy rag faith is faith before regeneration. Yep that is exactly what said which contradicts Hebrews 11:6–>
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faithit is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to Godmust believe that he is, andthat he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Back