Why did GOD create this world in the first place?

Yahchristian

Why did Jesus become man ?

Why did He come into this world ?
John 18
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm.” 37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this purpose I have been born, and for this I have come into the world: to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to My voice.” 38 Pilate *said to Him, “What is truth?”

Jesus came into this world to be King of Kings and Lord of Lords !!!

It is the same answer I would give to this question...

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Here is an more detailed overview of what I believe...

For this creation, GOD (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how GOD would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal GOD (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas GOD created a spirit and soul for each of us, GOD himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

He created it for himself.

True. In my overview I use the phrase "for his glory".

But my question was "why" meaning "what was his intention".

In other words, God thought "I think I am going to _______________."

How would you fill in the blank?

I would fill in the blank with "create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for my glory where I will reign as a human myself".

Here is an overview of what I believe...

For this creation, GOD (the only one who transcends all creation) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself. The Scriptures describe how GOD would accomplish his plan. In an instant, eternal GOD (called God the Father) created the supernatural and spacetime of this universe and also became immanent in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God) and as a human with a glorious body (called the Son of God). God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus). But whereas GOD created a spirit and soul for each of us, GOD himself became the spirit and soul of Jesus. At his conception, Jesus' glorious body was changed to a mortal body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, Jesus' mortal body was changed back to a glorious body and he will also give each of his elect a glorious body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

You say "God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus)."

But this is redundant.. The Father created all things by His Son. Heb 1:2. That's it. The Son is the power of the Father. Here, you, like a trin, don't seem to realize that the Spirit is the Son.

Also, the Father commands forth the Son... but you say "the Spirit commanded by the Son"... what???? The Spirit is the Word and is commanded by the FATHER!

Last edited:
You say "God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus)."

But this is redundant.. The Father created all things by His Son. Heb 1:2. That's it. The Son is the power of the Father. Here, you, like a trin, don't seem to realize that the Spirit is the Son.

Also, the Father commands forth the Son... but you say "the Spirit commanded by the Son"... what???? The Spirit is the Word and is commanded by the FATHER!

I say...

"God the Father then created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Son of God (whose name is Jesus)."

Genesis 1:26 NKJV... Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

And I believe...

GOD in the universe as a human (called the Son of God) is the one who said "Let Us..." to GOD in the universe as spirit (called the Spirit of God).

So what do you believe...

1) Who do you believe said "Let Us..."?

2) Who does "Us" refer to?

And...

3) What does "the Father commands forth the Son" mean to you?

I would take that to mean transcendent eternal GOD (called God the Father) also became immanent in the universe as a human (called the Son of God).

So what do you believe...

1) Who do you believe said "Let Us..."?

I can see it in two ways: Either God the Father was speaking to His Spirit (which I believe is the Word), or it could be the Word speaking to the angels.

2) Who does "Us" refer to?

See previous.

3) What does "the Father commands forth the Son" mean to you?

I would take that to mean transcendent eternal GOD (called God the Father) also became immanent in the universe as a human (called the Son of God).

It just means the Father speaks the Word, or gives a commandment, or sends forth the Spirit, or begets the Son.

Last edited:
Re: Why did GOD create this world in the first place?

Apparently because He felt like it. (Rev 4:11)

Why do kids put together LEGO kits?

Why does Jay Leno restore old cars?

God is from the vanishing point in the past. What was He doing back there before
we came along? What's He doing right now along with us elsewhere?

The universe is expanding in all directions. Expanding into what?

Well; I think God has a very large number of irons in the fire out there somewhere
about which we know nothing. We're just one of His many endeavors because creative
geniuses don't sit on their hands waiting for things to happen-- they make things happen.
_

Last edited:
Well; I think God has a very large number of irons in the fire out there somewhere
about which we know nothing. We're just one of His many endeavors because creative
geniuses don't sit on their hands waiting for things to happen-- they make things happen.

I agree!

That is why I start my overview with “For this creation”…

Why God created this world in the first place, and why Jesus become a man, and why he came into the world are three entirely different questions and the first one is somewhat misguided because God did not create only "this world." This world is one portion of a much, much larger creation. Therefore, the first question should be "Why did God create creation?" or even more succinctly, "Why did God create?" And the answer to that question is.....

Because He can.

"Why did God create?" And the answer to that question is.....

Because He can.

1) Why did God create?

Me: Because it pleases God.
You: Because He can.

So……….

2) Why did God create THIS creation?

Me: To create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself.

1) Why did God create?

The two are not mutually exclusive and his pleasure is predicated upon His ability.
So……….

Me: To create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans for his glory where he would reign as a human himself.
By including the necessity of "redeemed" God's plan is made dependent on sin. The Law Maker is dependent upon lawlessness. The Righteous One is dependent upon unrighteousness. The perfect Creator is dependent upon imperfection. Furthermore, it is not solely the redeemed that glorify God. God is glorified as a righteous God when He metes out the just recompense for sin. He is also glorified as a merciful God when He sovereignly saves by grace. In other words, the "why" of His creating cannot be predicated solely on redemption from sin because 1) it makes God and His plan dependent on an antithesis and 2) it's only part of the whole picture.

A better alternative is....

God created creation with the intent to have transformed humans glorifying Him.

That transformation is not dependent upon the existence of sin. Humans were going to be transformed whether sin ever occurred or not, the occurrence of sin is not in any way a hinderance to God's plan, and salvation (or redemption) is not a contingency.

The two are not mutually exclusive and his pleasure is predicated upon His ability.

If you wish to modify or enhance your answers, please post your final answers…

So far our answers were…

1) Why did God create?

You: To have transformed humans glorifying Him.

Back