WoF and 1,000 Years

Yodas_Prodigy

It (1,000) is a number that typically signifies the idea of “immensity,” “fullness of quantity” or “multitude.” The number can represent a large number or extended period of time. This general interpretation applies both to the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.

WoF likes $1,000 Bills...

Ten is a number to indicate completeness. A thousand is 10 to the third power or symbolism for a complete period of very long indeterminate length attributed to YHWH's sovereignty and Lordship of time. Just as he owns a thousand hills represents his sovereignty and Lordship over the earth, an indeterminate amount of ownership of the earth. ?

Especially the top of the wof pyramid, they like to spend them on mansions, jets, cars and jewelry. And they like a steady flow from those at the bottom 9f the pyramid.

Lack of $1000 bills is a sign of your weak faith.

God told Abraham his descendants would live in Egypt 430 years. The fulfillment of this prophecy is described in Exodus 12:40,41: The time that the people of Israel lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of 430 years, on that very day, all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.

When God said 430 years he meant exactly that. When he tells us that Jesus will reign for 1,000 years he means exactly 1,000 years.

God told Abraham his descendants would live in Egypt 430 years. The fulfillment of this prophecy is described in Exodus 12:40,41: The time that the people of Israel lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of 430 years, on that very day, all the hosts of the Lord went out from the land of Egypt.

When God said 430 years he meant exactly that. When he tells us that Jesus will reign for 1,000 years he means exactly 1,000 years.
When he says he owns the cattle on a thousand hills, then, he means he only owns the cattle on a thousand hills. The rest of the billions of cattle and hills doesn't belong to Him. ?

Revelation is a book FULL of symbolism.

It (1,000) is a number that typically signifies the idea of “immensity,” “fullness of quantity” or “multitude.” The number can represent a large number or extended period of time. This general interpretation applies both to the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.

In Gods eyes 1000 is just a day.

When he says he owns the cattle on a thousand hills, then, he means he only owns the cattle on a thousand hills. The rest of the billions of cattle and hills doesn't belong to Him. ?

Revelation is a book FULL of symbolism.
Ooops. Spilled my coffee.

I needed this one, Ted. Thanks. It's a great response. And notwithstanding, I'm going to stick with the seven years, and the thousand-year millennium.

Ooops. Spilled my coffee.

I needed this one, Ted. Thanks. It's a great response. And notwithstanding, I'm going to stick with the seven years, and the thousand-year millennium.
Come on, Pete.

Stong's defines "the thousand" (τὰ χίλια) - 'thousand' is chilioi. This means, according to Strong's, "plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand --thousand." It appears 11 times in 10 verses -- and is always translated "thousand" in the KJV. And according to Ted and Joe, we can just use this regardless of Old Testament or New Testament -- thousand means the same thing. Thus, God owning the cattle on a thousand hills, must mean an endless number of hills.

Even as אֶלֶף ('elep̄) in Hebrew only means: thousand (500x), eleven hundred (with H3967) (3x), variant (1x), twelve hundred (with H3967) (1x). Hmm. 1,000 used 500 times. Variant used once. And in the KJV of the bible, this variant usage....is NEVER used. Go ahead, click on it. I left this links in to the Blue Letter Bible word tools.

But, Ted and Joe have NEVER been wrong on such things. So lets hammer their message home, shall we, so that heathens like you and I can understand better.

Genesis 24:60
They blessed Rebekah with these words:​
“Our sister, may you become the mother of thousands of ten thousands!
May your descendants possess the strongholds of their enemies.”​
Not enough to say she will become the mother of an endless number, it must be said that she will be the mother of an endless of ten times endless number of descendants. Wow.

Numbers 10:36
And when it came to rest he would say, “Return, O Lord, to the many thousands of Israel!”​

The Lord should return to the "many endless number" of Israelites. Why not just "the thousand" like the hills of Psalms?

1 Samuel 18:7
“Saul has struck down his thousands,​
but David his tens of thousands!”​

Saul struck down endlesses. Plural of endless. I'm still trying to work out the plural of "uncertain affinity." How many affinities do we have? (I know I'm mixing Hebrew and Greek, but Ted and Joe imply that this is ok by comparing Rev 20:3 with Ps 50:10.)

Psalm 91:7
Though a thousand may fall beside you,​
and a multitude on your right side,​
it will not reach you.​

Ahh, Psalm 91 -- the chapter that killed my wife with its promises -- we have an endless number "may fall beside you, and a multitude on your right side." The second bunch is the word רְבָבָה (rᵊḇāḇâ) and means "multitude, myriad, ten thousand." So why don't we use the same word? Why not "ten thousand" in both cases? Well, perhaps they mean different things. Maybe "a thousand" means a thousand. Oh my, no! Ted and Joe say that it does NOT mean a thousand.

And my oh my.

Oh my.

Matthew 14:13-21 -- I'll only quote v21 out of the story of five loaves and two fish
Not counting women and children, there were about 5,000 men who ate.​

Five TIMES an endless number. There must be BILLIONS of people on that hill. At least BILLIONS!! At least -- according to Ted and Joe's hermeneutic (Ted did say there another "billions of cattle and hills"). For all uses of 1,000 must, Must, MUST be used consistently.

(Yes, I looked this up too. It is the word pentakischilioi which is a word that combines pentakis and chilioi (hmm, where'd we see this latter word before in my post?) Yup, two words that respectively mean: five times, and thousand -- or as Ted and Joe would have it, endless. Yup, five times endlessness. That's a lot!)

:unsure: Gee, I wonder how many Apostles there really were since 12 likely means something else.

Oh, and I wonder why Psalm 50:10 couldn't have mentioned that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and somehow, maybe, that is not a limit and he indeed does own the cattle on all the rest of the hills. But maybe, just maybe, a thousand is such a large number to the Israelites, that they know God owns a lot. I mean like everything.

Nah, if the verse says "a thousand" and doesn't mention the rest, we need to literally apply the symbolism ONLY to these thousand.

Come on, Pete.

Stong's defines "the thousand" (τὰ χίλια) - 'thousand' is chilioi. This means, according to Strong's, "plural of uncertain affinity; a thousand --thousand." It appears 11 times in 10 verses -- and is always translated "thousand" in the KJV. And according to Ted and Joe, we can just use this regardless of Old Testament or New Testament -- thousand means the same thing. Thus, God owning the cattle on a thousand hills, must mean an endless number of hills.

Even as אֶלֶף ('elep̄) in Hebrew only means: thousand (500x), eleven hundred (with H3967) (3x), variant (1x), twelve hundred (with H3967) (1x). Hmm. 1,000 used 500 times. Variant used once. And in the KJV of the bible, this variant usage....is NEVER used. Go ahead, click on it. I left this links in to the Blue Letter Bible word tools.

But, Ted and Joe have NEVER been wrong on such things. So lets hammer their message home, shall we, so that heathens like you and I can understand better.

Genesis 24:60
They blessed Rebekah with these words:​
“Our sister, may you become the mother of thousands of ten thousands!
May your descendants possess the strongholds of their enemies.”​
Not enough to say she will become the mother of an endless number, it must be said that she will be the mother of an endless of ten times endless number of descendants. Wow.

Numbers 10:36
And when it came to rest he would say, “Return, O Lord, to the many thousands of Israel!”​

The Lord should return to the "many endless number" of Israelites. Why not just "the thousand" like the hills of Psalms?

1 Samuel 18:7
“Saul has struck down his thousands,​
but David his tens of thousands!”​

Saul struck down endlesses. Plural of endless. I'm still trying to work out the plural of "uncertain affinity." How many affinities do we have? (I know I'm mixing Hebrew and Greek, but Ted and Joe imply that this is ok by comparing Rev 20:3 with Ps 50:10.)

Psalm 91:7
Though a thousand may fall beside you,​
and a multitude on your right side,​
it will not reach you.​

Ahh, Psalm 91 -- the chapter that killed my wife with its promises -- we have an endless number "may fall beside you, and a multitude on your right side." The second bunch is the word רְבָבָה (rᵊḇāḇâ) and means "multitude, myriad, ten thousand." So why don't we use the same word? Why not "ten thousand" in both cases? Well, perhaps they mean different things. Maybe "a thousand" means a thousand. Oh my, no! Ted and Joe say that it does NOT mean a thousand.

And my oh my.

Oh my.

Matthew 14:13-21 -- I'll only quote v21 out of the story of five loaves and two fish
Not counting women and children, there were about 5,000 men who ate.​

Five TIMES an endless number. There must be BILLIONS of people on that hill. At least BILLIONS!! At least -- according to Ted and Joe's hermeneutic (Ted did say there another "billions of cattle and hills"). For all uses of 1,000 must, Must, MUST be used consistently.

(Yes, I looked this up too. It is the word pentakischilioi which is a word that combines pentakis and chilioi (hmm, where'd we see this latter word before in my post?) Yup, two words that respectively mean: five times, and thousand -- or as Ted and Joe would have it, endless. Yup, five times endlessness. That's a lot!)

:unsure: Gee, I wonder how many Apostles there really were since 12 likely means something else.

Oh, and I wonder why Psalm 50:10 couldn't have mentioned that God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and somehow, maybe, that is not a limit and he indeed does own the cattle on all the rest of the hills. But maybe, just maybe, a thousand is such a large number to the Israelites, that they know God owns a lot. I mean like everything.

Nah, if the verse says "a thousand" and doesn't mention the rest, we need to literally apply the symbolism ONLY to these thousand.
You certainly are assuming a lot and throwing a lot of straw. Something you certainly don't like when directed at you, so you've said. A shameful post BA. ?

You certainly are assuming a lot and throwing a lot of straw. Something you certainly don't like when directed at you, so you've said. A shameful post BA. ?
It's an awesome post, Ted. It directly counters your meaning for 1,000. What's really shameful is that, when challenged, you resort to ad homs instead of dealing with the subject matter. This *IS* the sign of someone who knows he's wrong and can't defend his words. The shameful post, Ted, is yours. ?

It's an awesome post, Ted. It directly counters your meaning for 1,000. What's really shameful is that, when challenged, you resort to ad homs instead of dealing with the subject matter. This *IS* the sign of someone who knows he's wrong and can't defend his words. The shameful post, Ted, is yours. ?
No, BA. You didn't refute me..., you refuted the things you made up and attributed to Joe and I. Your post was a very sad one, IMO.

And now you're gloating over your fallacies. ?

No, BA. You didn't refute me..., you refuted the things you made up and attributed to Joe and I. Your post was a very sad one, IMO.
Which is shown by the fact you won't engage the subject, but rather have to shovel the manure at me.

You said:
Ten is a number to indicate completeness. A thousand is 10 to the third power or symbolism for a complete period of very long indeterminate length attributed to YHWH's sovereignty and Lordship of time. Just as he owns a thousand hills represents his sovereignty and Lordship over the earth, an indeterminate amount of ownership of the earth. ?
...applying 1000 to both time and a count of hills. In your words: "symbolism." It may be used that way at times to signify something very large, but mostly it is a count either of time or things.

So I didn't "attribute" anything to you and Joe that you guys didn't already take ownership of. Sorry, yours is a shameful post.

Which is shown by the fact you won't engage the subject, but rather have to shovel the manure at me.

You said:

...applying 1000 to both time and a count of hills. In your words: "symbolism." It may be used that way at times to signify something very large, but mostly it is a count either of time or things.

So I didn't "attribute" anything to you and Joe that you guys didn't already take ownership of. Sorry, yours is a shameful post.
tyfyt

Back