Yes when it comes to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Yahchristian

God is a family. Is a family self sufficient?
Yes when it comes to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Good question .

TRINITARIANS...

Is God a family?

I say No.

Here is a summary of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

He could be described that way.

The family unit is based off his image, note.

Adam and Eve were made in the image of God, both of them from one image.

Adam and Eve were not modes of the same person.

It depends on your definition of family . God is more than one person so in that sense yes . But it depends on how you define family .

I define “a being” as “a sentient living thing”, “a person” as “a spirit or human being”, and “a family” as “two or more persons related by birth, marriage, or adoption”.

So I believe God is ONE Being, ONE Person, so NOT a family.

You define “a being” as “self conscious existence” and “a person” as “personhood or personality”.

1) How do YOU define “a family”?

2) Is God a family according to YOUR definition of a family?

I define “a being” as “a sentient living thing”, “a person” as “a spirit or human being”, and “a family” as “two or more persons related by birth, marriage, or adoption”.

So I believe God is ONE Being, ONE Person, so NOT a family.

You define “a being” as “self conscious existence” and “a person” as “personhood or personality”.

1) How do YOU define “a family”?

2) Is God a family according to YOUR definition of a family?
Then by your definition a family .

Who do you call the guy standing in the water next to John with a dove on him...

YHWH / Jehovah / Yahweh

Isaiah 44:6 ASV... Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:6 LSB... I “Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts: ‘I am the first, and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

and who do call the guy speaking from heaven?

YHWH / Jehovah / Yahweh

Isaiah 44:6 ASV... Thus saith Jehovah, the King of Israel, and his Redeemer, Jehovah of hosts: I am the first, and I am the last; and besides me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:6 LSB... I “Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of hosts: ‘I am the first, and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me.

Just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

Who do you call the guy saying “Me” in Isaiah 44:6?

YHWH / Jehovah / Yahweh

YHWH / Jehovah / Yahweh

Just to clarify your Trinitarian view...

The guy standing next to John is Jesus Christ, The Son of God.
The Dove on Him is The Holy Spirit.
The voice from heaven is The Father.
Does sound like a family.

The guy standing next to John is Jesus Christ, The Son of God.
The Dove on Him is The Holy Spirit.
The voice from heaven is The Father.
Does sound like a family.

My question was...

So...

1) Is the guy saying “Me” in Isaiah 44:6 distinct from God the Father?

2) Is the guy saying “Me” in Isaiah 44:6 distinct from God the Son?

Back